joe_buck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you guys train your obliques when doing abs?

just wanted to know, ive never done any oblique exercises before but was gonna start to do a few sets. Do you really need to do them, ive gotta good 6 pack but wanted to try these?

What exercises hit them the best and how many sets/reps is enough?

cheers!!

2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2campbell6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dont do them alot, and if i do i do high rep sets, because your obliques grow out to your sides and takes away from the V shape.
    My goal, 10,000 rep points, so far 6 ha ha ha
    Height- 6'2"
    Weight- 201

arthur_david has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2campbell6
    I dont do them alot, and if i do i do high rep sets, because your obliques grow out to your sides and takes away from the V shape.
    Definately stick with high rep sets, bodyweight aswel. Don't go adding resistance to your oblique exercises as your waist will fill out.
    Some people may disagree but sidebends, although targetting the oblique muscles, are the worst exercise I have ever come across. Best to use side crunches or twisting crunches. An exercise I use is a twisting crunch but get my partner to hold his hands or some boxing mitts up either side of my knees and as I crunch up, I twist and punch the opposite mitt, makes your ROM greater, and as your concentrating more on the mitts, the number of reps becomes insignificant. Keep going till it burns!
    "That what don't kill you only makes you stronger, and the will to suceed only feeds the hunger"