UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50)

average one mile run times

anyone know of any websites or have any information on the average one mile run time based on a persons age and weight, or any information on the average time it takes a person to run a mile. Thanks

Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000) Rane14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    well in our fitness test at school we have levels 1-10, 10 being the highest. A 10 is 5:40 or under, a 9 is 5:40-6:00 and a 8 is 6:01 to ??:?? I dont know, try to aim for 5-6 mins is good in my books , my best is 6:09 but i tripped over this damn chain we had to jump over...it leads to the school soccer field...they have it up to keep veichles from getting in and bailed badly lol. The one guy that was with me in the fitness run said he almost couldn't stop laughing, and the guy that was like bout 60 feet behind us (somewheer in the parking lot) said he just started laughing hysterically.
    You'll thank yourself when you're older for getting into the iron game at a young age.
    It's not a game, it's a job.
    It's not a job, it's a lifestyle.
    It's not a lifestyle, it's my life.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113751491

Eats Children for Protein JacksCleverWit's Avatar
    JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it would be difficult to do an average.

In some places fitness is stressed heavily, others not so much, others not at all. And then there's the difference between athletes and non-athletes in such settings.

Maybe if you tell us why you're interested? A certain sport or competition?
    Stats as of 8/16/05:
    -------------------
    Arms: 15"
    Thighs: 24"
    Calves: 15 1/2"

That's all I've got, I'll measure the rest later.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've done 3 Miles in 18 minutes

Haven't just tryed a mile lately.

momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My brother did 4:18 indoors.

Lookin at the Big Picture BernieD's Avatar
    BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I doubt that you'd find any averages like that. From your name, I'm guessing you're in college. So you're between 18 and 22ish then...if you can do under a 7 minute mile, you're in pretty good shape. I did track all year round in high school, so if you want a fast time for a runner, you'd have to be under 5. But if you're just "Joe Schmo and I want to have a good mile time" then under 7 or under 6 is a good area to shoot for.
    The complete shoulder and RC injury thread, written by myself:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.

UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JacksCleverWit
    I think it would be difficult to do an average.

In some places fitness is stressed heavily, others not so much, others not at all. And then there's the difference between athletes and non-athletes in such settings.

Maybe if you tell us why you're interested? A certain sport or competition?
    was just talkin with some friends and one said he heard an 8 minute mile was the average for 20ish year olds in america, just got me curious if anyone know or seen any studies on it

kmons87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmons87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmons87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmons87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by UniversityofFL
    was just talkin with some friends and one said he heard an 8 minute mile was the average for 20ish year olds in america, just got me curious if anyone know or seen any studies on it
    hmm.. not that 8 minute miles are impressive, but im thinkin giving the current obesity problem in america that seems like a low time.. i wouldve though more along the lines of 8:30 - 9; thats just a guess though.

thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My best time was 5:45. For the 2 mile my best time was 12:32...God I miss track.