Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000) LETHAL BURN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    workin out without protein=going to war without ammo
    www.spartanfitness.net

Muay Thai and Jitz

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Forum Guy
    Hi,

I am trying to lose fat, I have about 15% Bf and my main concern is not getting any bigger because I am not very tall and I dont like the very bulky look, im aiming towards the "fit" look. I understand that the best way to lose fat is by combining cardio and weight training, however since i absolutely do NOT wanna get bigger, I was thinging about weightlifting without taking my usual protein shake...Is that a good idea or does that make no sense?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

OK, cutting through the BS, this is fine. This is what I would do:

Lift for max 45 minutes. Do not try to use lifting to burn fat - use it to retain muscle. I'd lift heavy - 4-6 reps most of the time. Periodization is always good though.

Eat slightly below maintanance and do cardio.

Now, whether you eat a 'protein' shake or not, you MUST have a protein+carb meal after lifting (even if it is whole food, low GI so you are not hungry for a few hours), and at least one more protein+carb meal within 3 hours or so, before resuming any low-carb/low cal meals. Also your pre-WO meal should have plenty of carbs. You can reduce carbs and calories on non-workout days, but make sure you eat enough carbs, with some protein around your lifting.

This will help retain muscle. Overall calories (averaged over several days) will determine whether you loose or gain weight. BUT if you resrtict calories and **** up your lifting/lifting nutrition too much you could loose more muscle than youd like to (you will always loose some fat).

Simply adding or taking out one protein shake is not going to determine whether you put on significant muscle or not.

Of course you could get the same, or similar results with your PWO shake but simply altering the rest of your diet to fit in and give you the required calories to loose weight!

Forum Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forum Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that sounds good thanks!