sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Heart rate - return to normal after exercise?

Hey there -

I have a question about heart rate. I typically check out my heart rate using the cardio machines at the gym, although once I'm off the machines, I rarely ever go back and check my pulse later on.

So today I strapped on my polar heart monitor that hubs got me a couple years ago and rode my bike into work. I was really surprised and happy to see it was a far more strenuous workout than I had thought. Anyway - I've been at work now for about 40 minutes and my heart rate is still up at 90.

My RHR is usually between 54-64. How long does is usually take before it returns to normal? OR because I keep getting up and down from my desk and moving around will it not get that low until I'm actually "resting"?

Just curious....

Thanks!
    "Never, never, never give up." ~ Winston Churchill

Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alinasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your resting HR is a HR taken after a minimum of 15 minutes of sitting or laying down without moving, if possible. That is why you are told to check resting HR immediately after waking up, before getting out fo bed. a HR of 90 sounds normal if you are going about your everyday kind of things...walking, standing, sitting, filing, etc....

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    SB-
    I just started to wear my HR monitor all day to see where I am at during different times and other activities.

I did a MAX HR workout this morning (about 5 hours ago) and its sitting at 68 right now, even though my resting is 52.

Yours sounds about normal for daily activity. How high did you get it up to for your bike ride?
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Alinasmommy & Megs!

On some of the all-out sprints... (had a doozy of a head wind this morning) it climbed up to 172-174. Most of the time it hung out in the low 160's.

I wore my monitor all day too and the first 3 hours it hung out between 90-100. Very surprising... slowing lowered itself down to the 70's.

By the time I climbed back on the bike to ride home it stayed in the 150's.

I'm not SO worried about the 90-100 range, it just really surprised me.

Thanks for replying to my post
    "Never, never, never give up." ~ Winston Churchill