the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Dave DePew - Why Your Kids Should Never Eat French Fries.

French fries are getting a bad rap and for good reason. Learn more here about why your kids should not eat French fries and what you can replace them with. Read on for the hard truth.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/depew7.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

Buttershap has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttershap has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttershap has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttershap has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttershap has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttershap has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttershap has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Whilst the general idea of cutting French fries is to be applauded, the writer implies that disaster will strike if they ever cross our lips. In truth, if eaten say once or no more than twice a week, together with appropriate exercise, then our bodies will deal with both the fats and carbohydrates. The fries should be cooked in a 'healthy' oil, and thicker fries absorb less oil than thin ones. If you eat almosy any food to excess and do not take regular exercise then obesity and the problems associated with it will occur. Do not blame all our ills on the fries, a broad and balanced diet will cope with a portion if the lifestyle is healthy.

Unregistered
    I think this article raises a very good point. Not only are French Fries loaded with bad fats and carbohydrates, but also huge amounts of sodium. One small fries from McDonald's has 140 mg of salt. Large fries have over 300. Not to mention "natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources)" is listed among the ingredients. What does beef, dairy, and wheat have to do with potatos as far as being "natural" is concerned?

We can all agree the fries probably aren't the best thing you can put into your body, that's a no brainer. The point is that french fries are effectively the gateway junkfood to very unhealthy eating habits. As this article points out, fries are just the side dish to bigger and worse things. Fries are good and fun and make kids happy, but it's all just a jumping off point to the obesity that is plaguing our country.

Don't get me wrong, I love fries. I'm not going to sit here and say they aren't amazing. Also, If you're really active and maintain a mostly healthy lifestyle you're not going to dissolve your liver with the occasional binge. However, I think this article drives home a great point that kids don't necessarily have that experience or background to know the difference. For instance, high school lunch programs have gone downhill so badly that many kids are JUST having french fries for lunch these days, chased down with a soda. The fast food industry revolves it's marketing around kids, without any reinforcement about proper nutrition. We really should take the initiative early on and teach our kids how to make the right choices and it only starts with the fries. I think this article is a great beginning to that process.

Unregistered

Post Let go of fries

My son-in-law sent this to me as I have a rather large son, ( fav food fries ) I have found that pop is far worse than fries. My 12 yr. old drinks 1% milk, distilled water and diet pop, due to allergies he can't drink juice and that to is fattening. He at one time was so tiny I was worried, after falling out of a tree and breaking both arms he seemingly became fearful of play. That's when he suffered with a weight problem. Yes he still loves his chips 1 or 2 times a week but he has started playing again but has started sneaking pop
    not diet pop as his Doctor has allowed and in the last month he has put on 15lbs.
    I believe you can have anything in moderation, and good old fashion play. He also weight lifts when he is with his brother-in-law a professional.

amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amy13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

nutrition for our kids....

This article raises a great topic - nutrition for our kids!

For me this really hits home since I am a mother of a 5 year old little girl who often struggles with all the temptations of bad foods.

From the "rewards" given out to her in the form of cookies and candy to trips for Happy Meals from other family/friends to the birthday parties that serve up the soda and cakes and pizzas to daily school lunches served to the kids sitting next to her that include fried foods galore! Life is not so easy for a 5 year old!!! ... especially when she has seen by example what she should be eating and what IS packed in her lunch!

She and I have had MANY a heart to heart about why she needs to include quality foods into her life and why she should just say "no" to the garbage even though EVERYONE else is eating it AND pushing it!

Don't laugh, but starting kindergarten this year has brought up many conversations about food and what we choose to feed our bodies. Maybe it is even tougher than teaching your kids to "say no to drugs" ... since everyone seems to push the popular garbage diet - from schools, teachers, adults, other kids AND even their parents - all who we have taught our children to respect.

So, I'm very happy to see articles like this one - it is a start. A start to a VERY large debate and discussion. One that I have had with my family and friends ... and I'll warn you that opinions differ greatly on how we feed our kids - from "let them have it now while they can" to "if you restrict them now they will over do later" to everything else under the sun - be prepared to hear it all!!!

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think this article raises a very good point. Not only are French Fries loaded with bad fats and carbohydrates, but also huge amounts of sodium. One small fries from McDonald's has 140 mg of salt. Large fries have over 300. Not to mention "natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources)" is listed among the ingredients. What does beef, dairy, and wheat have to do with potatos as far as being "natural" is concerned?

We can all agree the fries probably aren't the best thing you can put into your body, that's a no brainer. The point is that french fries are effectively the gateway junkfood to very unhealthy eating habits. As this article points out, fries are just the side dish to bigger and worse things. Fries are good and fun and make kids happy, but it's all just a jumping off point to the obesity that is plaguing our country.

Don't get me wrong, I love fries. I'm not going to sit here and say they aren't amazing. Also, If you're really active and maintain a mostly healthy lifestyle you're not going to dissolve your liver with the occasional binge. However, I think this article drives home a great point that kids don't necessarily have that experience or background to know the difference. For instance, high school lunch programs have gone downhill so badly that many kids are JUST having french fries for lunch these days, chased down with a soda. The fast food industry revolves it's marketing around kids, without any reinforcement about proper nutrition. We really should take the initiative early on and teach our kids how to make the right choices and it only starts with the fries. I think this article is a great beginning to that process.

dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100) dcopl004 is not very well liked. (-100)

Kids and French Fries....

I really feel like a kid should be a kid, and eat french fries!

Who cares about this sort of thing?? Honestly, I'm not saying children should be able to eat fries all day, every day from McDonald's or anything like that.

As long as kids are exercising or somewhat active, and aren't just sitting around playing video games all day, then I think they should definitely eat fries, possibly two, three times per week.

I don't know, I feel like a kid should be a kid and shouldn't be deprived from something as amazing as french fries.

These kids need some recess in their lives these days....