hockeygurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what is durum semolina?.....is it bad?

HI everyone,

I have been reading labels of packagaes and their ingredients since I have started paying more attention to what I am putting in my mouth.

I bought vegetable bowtie pasta and the first and main ingredient listed is amber durum semolina (which is some kind of wheat I think). Anyways, does anyone know if this is the good type of wheat to put into your body or if I should avoid such types of pasta.

The nutritional value states that there is 200cal per 2 oz/56 g of pasta. Is this good or bad?
    Would one cup of this type of pasta with the addition of some protein be good to consume in a meal?

Thak you for all of your knowledge I am learning so much.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Semolina is a hard wheat used for pasta. Its nutritional profile depends on whether it is whole wheat semolina or regular semolina. These roughly correlate to white flour and whole wheat flour.

bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been looking it up for you,

"Amber" I think it's just the colour of the grain;

"Durum" from wheat is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is a good source of Magnesium and Phosphorus, and also a very good source of Manganese and Selenium;

As for semolina, if it's natural, that means unenriched, is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium.

It sounds like a pretty good choice for grains, give it a try and of course its' ok to go with lean meat, it's the same kind of grain/cereal as others.