bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Summer heat affecting appetite. What to do?

Hi everyone,

I'm not a big fan of the summer heat; in fact I think I am probably more heat-sensitive than the average person. Just going outside when it's 90 degrees out makes me feel like I'm going to pass out and/or puke. So I've been staying inside as much as possible. But the heat is still making me feel lethargic and lazy and on top of that, it's totally killed my appetite. I've recently upped my cals. to maintainence levels, so I'm not used to eating this much anyway, and now with the heat, I feel like I literally have to force food down my throat to get any sustenance. This morning I could barely get down a cup of cereal and I couldn't even look at my eggs. I'm not sure what to do because it's making me sick to cram food down my throat when I have no appetite. If anyone has any suggestions for me, let me know. I don't want to jepordize my diet and summer is a long way from being over so I have to deal with it.

Thanks
    "My power is beyond your understanding." -Skeletor

just doin it! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just doin it! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just doin it! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just doin it! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just doin it! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just doin it! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just doin it! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just doin it! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just doin it! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have cut down on your workouts then it is okay to not eat as much. You want to balance your calories in with calories out to maintain your weight, or at least not gain much. I haven't been able to workout much because of the heat either, I did one day and felt so dizzy and sick I didn't think I should be driving home! So don't be too worried about it, it will all balance out. HTH!
    the body can acheive what the mind can believe

ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Same here. I wonder often why the hell am I in Texas.

I can't eat, but chugging protein shakes helps.

ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ComputerHabit View Post
    Same here. I wonder often why the hell am I in Texas.

I can't eat, but chugging protein shakes helps.
    Love finding old threads and bringing them back to life!

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    We are having a heat wave in UK atm and I am not used to being this hot, so the same problem here.
    I don't eat much during the day and have the 2/3 of my calories in the evening when it is a little cooler.
    I rely on ice-cream and chocolate to fill the rest of my calories after my minimum protein requirement is met.

calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calbaby20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    High calorie and/or high protein smoothies! Make a big batch in the morning and keep a few cups in the fridge so you can down them once you walk in the door. Add protein powder, peanut butter, whole milk, higher calorie yogurt, oatmeal, etc. if you need more cals.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not eating much either. South Florida = hot! I hardly ever have protein shakes, but lately it's one a day with a bunch of berries mixed in. If I needed extra calories, you'd better believe I'd be using whole milk and peanut butter in them.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When we were in the midst of a bad heat wave a couple weeks ago and my appetite was really down, I found that crackers and other frankly crappy carbs like that went down pretty easy when I just needed to get my calories up.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/