bothun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How soon is too soon to workout again?

Is it too soon to lift again when your a little sore? Like today for example, I feel a little soreness in my chest and am debating on doing my bench routine, do i need to be fully recovered?

OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    put at least 48hrs of rest in between ur workouts per body part...

but it differs for each person..

like me, i do chest on mondays and i cant even do close grip bench (for triceps) untill wed because my chest stays that sore...

if u do not allow enough recovery time, u will overtrain and not see any gains at all

good luck

What time is it in Malta? Madcow2's Avatar
    Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Soreness/DOMS has no bearing. Obviously if you are sore to the touch it might be a bad idea to try to train - you can use some light concentric or active recovery work/methods to help with it. That said, basic soreness is more an indication of lack of conditioning for a given load than anything else. People who train with more frequency tend to not get sore at all unless they alter something significantly (this overwhelmingly common to the vast majority of weightlifters, powerlifters, and elite athletes). Most BBers today seem to favor fairly infrequent training - this ensures that most get sore workout to workout. A lot of them will tell you that's a good thing but those are the guys who don't understand DOMS (and training theory in general) and haven't bothered to run a search on this board or do any research.

If you want a better understanding of what's really going on when you feel sore (it isn't completely nailed down except that it has nothing to do with a stimulative workout or whether addition training can be stimulative or effective) maybe check out this link: http://www.fortifiediron.net/invisio...howtopic=23534
    Training Theory, Info, and Starr/Pendlay 5x5 Info:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1

Direct Table of Contents:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

stonecoldgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stonecoldgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stonecoldgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stonecoldgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stonecoldgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stonecoldgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whenever I am sore its usually caused by two things, not enough sleep or I change something in my workout. Such as moving up weight on 2 to 3 exercises so that my muscles aren't used to it. After a week its usually back to normal. On Chest days I tend to leave like 2-3 inbetween workouts so that my chest is recovered. I dont like working out a muscle that is already sore even if it is only a little bit. But hey, that's just my two cents.