BMAN99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Taking creatine & protein at the same time - Is THIS a good way to tell if it works?

OK so half the world thinks that taking creatine and whey protein at the same time is a waste, as they both compete for the same receptor cells. And the other half of the world thinks the exact opposite is true. Since everyone is so split on this issue, I see no sense in dragging that old horse out of the barn and beating it for the millionth time.

But what I would like to know is this....

I just started back taking creatine & whey protein again at the same time (both immediatley after my workouts). By the 2nd day I noticed that throughout the day my thirst began to increase dramatically (and of course I'm drinking extra water and staying well hydrated).

So my question is this... because my thirst has dramatically increased, is that undeniable proof that the creatine is working quite well and is not at all being affected by the fact that I'm taking it at the same time as my whey protein?

I've only been on the creatine/whey combo about a week, and I'm already starting to see a noticeable physical improvement in the mirror ( - : So I'm guessing that it makes very little (if any) difference if you take the two at the same time.

Your thoughts?

Anyone?

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Who said that you can't take creatine and protein together? Since when did animo acids compete for receptor cells? You might be confusing whey protein with glutamine......
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) KSwoosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've never heard of such a thing, in fact whey and creatine are staples in nearly every stack. Just continue taking them with the water and you'll be fine.
    "You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

Registered User Death From Above's Avatar
    Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    youre fine to take them at the same time, Look at torrent, post workout product, has protein, carbs, and... Creatine!

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Half the world? I wasn't aware of anybody who was against protein and creatine at the same time.

Originally Posted by FunkDaddy View Post
    Half the world? I wasn't aware of anybody who was against protein and creatine at the same time.
    OK, maybe not half the world, but I've had many people tell me that taking them at the same time will decrease the effectiveness of each. Seems like I've read that several places online too.

But that combo seems to be working for me, so I guess I can just ignore those people from now on. ( - :