Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help my little sister out!

My sister just got back from college, about 30lbs.overweight and with some slight acne. She's 5'4" and about 160lbs I think. She's also hypo-glycemic, which I admittedly dont know that much about. She's asked me to help her lose weight so I'm going to try to help out.

Her program so far: 10 minues on a bike warmup, 20 minutes on a stair climber, 30 minutes of low weight high rep basic exercises (when I'm with her I usually try to target a couple muscles a day for her,like legs and abs, or back and arms). Then she finishes up with 30-40 minutes on an elliptical.

She just started a couple weeks ago and this is about as hard as I'm able to push her so far. Any input / help / suggestions would be appreciated.

Her food intake I have less control of, but I've gotten her to cut her carb intake, and drink lots of water, especially whenever she gets hungry. With her hypoglycemia I'm kind of hesitant to put her on a real strict diet. Plus I dont think shes that motivated yet, I assume once she starts seeing results in the gym it'll spill over into her being careful what she eats.

Any help with her diet would be appreciated too

I've read here that vitamin B5 helps with acne, but it seems to be mroe reactionary to acne from people taking testosterone supplements. Would this work for her or not? Maybe carnitine or something would help? I'm not willing to put her on the hardcore thermogenics or anything but any all-natural supplements would be ok.

thanks for any feedback,
    Drew

Registered User geriatricmuscle's Avatar
    geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Drew. The one comment that stands out is " I don't think she's motivated yet".......If this truely is not her goal you're battling an up hill situation. She must want this. Introduce her to circuit training methods. They can actually be fun to do and will produce results. If she is hypo-glycemic and 30 lbs. over weight it might be wise to speak with an RD ( registered dietician ) before advising to manipulate carbohydrates in her diet.

gm

IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by geriatricmuscle
    Hello Drew. The one comment that stands out is " I don't think she's motivated yet".......If this truely is not her goal you're battling an up hill situation. She must want this.
    Agreed.

Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by geriatricmuscle
    Hello Drew. The one comment that stands out is " I don't think she's motivated yet".......If this truely is not her goal you're battling an up hill situation. She must want this. Introduce her to circuit training methods. They can actually be fun to do and will produce results. If she is hypo-glycemic and 30 lbs. over weight it might be wise to speak with an RD ( registered dietician ) before advising to manipulate carbohydrates in her diet.

gm

Thanks for the feedback. She's becoming mroe and more motivated from where she was (telling me she wanted to lose weight but me still having to drag her to the gym, now shes going by herself consistently and we'll occasionaly bump into eachother.)

Circuit-training sounds like a good idea, I'll try to figure out whats good for that/available at my gym. Should I just have her bounce around between machines or try to focus on particular things? and would this replace the basic lean muscle work I'm having her do now or just supplement it?

Diet-wise it seems she's eating healthier, not as strict as I am but atleast thinking about what shes eating. So we're making progress!