Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)

quick question about 5x5

I'm doing bill stars 5x5.
    The first two sets are really light so i dont take any rest time between, or for first 2-3 sets i would do front squats instead of back squats,
    would this have any negative effect on me progressing with weight?
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    I'm doing bill stars 5x5.
    The first two sets are really light so i dont take any rest time between, or for first 2-3 sets i would do front squats instead of back squats,
    would this have any negative effect on me progressing with weight?
    The shorter rest is fine if you are strong for your other sets.

The purpose of warm-ups and ramping are to prep your mind & body for the working sets. The warm-up should be as close to the working sets as possible. While it won't be a huge factor, I would still suggest you do one or the other.

No one says you can't do a 5x5 with front squats. In fact, that's a good way to vary it later, but keep it pure. The purpose is to groove the patterns so you can make the progress at the top end.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com