Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Protein powder questions(new to forums)

wassup people,I'm new here.

Ok,I've been lifting for about 15 months now,started with concrete weights at home,moved up to metal weights/olympic bars at the Y.I was very out of shape and fat a long time ago,but weight lifting changed all that.I've made alot of improvement,but now I think I might need a little extra edge on my lifting.No supplements used up until now...

I need y'all to help me figure out which protein powder is right for me.I still have some fat on my abs that I cant figure out how to get off(I do 105 crunches 5 days a week).It is very frustrating cuz I can feel a nice tight 6 pack under it.I'm also looking for something that can help me get more definition of my muscles,I have pretty decent mass for a 15 year old I guess,but I want some more tone to go along with it.

I see all these protein powders listed as "weight gainers".I dont mind gaining the right kind of weight,but I dont want something thats gonna make me look all fat again,just something to get me more ripped looking.

And whats all this talk about carbs and calories in the powder,I dont want something that is supposed to count as a meal,cuz well...I like to eat. :)

Thanks for any suggestions
    "Though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death,I shall fear no evil,for I am the biggest son of a bitch in the valley,and my AK47 comforts me"-outame

Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    congrads on getting in shape,
    and go with some "whey protein"
    usually 1 scoop has about 25grams of protein, 6 carbs, and like 3 fat.

normal whey protein is not a weight gainer, it won't make u gain weight, its mostly just a post workout drink to feed your muscles with the right nutrients.
    "when your not training, your opponent is, and when you meet him, he will beat you"

SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just go the the store and buy some whey protien. thats really all you need.

definition comes with a lower body fat.

Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh P. has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question

whey huh,cool.What exactly will it do,I mean....will it make me bigger only,or help me with the tone also?What about energy boost?I guess I'm lookin for a protein powder that will mimick creatine(will try that later,wanna do protein shakes first).I've done alot of reading about it,but I'm still kinda unclear about protein supplements.

Can you guys hook me up with some brands I should look for?

thanks people
    Last edited by Josh P.; 08-20-2002 at 08:30 PM.
    "Though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death,I shall fear no evil,for I am the biggest son of a bitch in the valley,and my AK47 comforts me"-outame

DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well protein powder will not make you big or cut at all, it takes a lot more then that. But it will help. You need a good diet, hard training and 8 hours of rest in addition to whey.
    Eternal Creatures are not so prudent.

Member since Nov 2001

SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    all whey protien will do is help you meet your protien requirements.

take it after a workout because it is fast absorbing. mix it with skim milk

you cant TONE your muscles. that comes with a lower body fat

bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by DYnomyte001
    Well protein powder will not make you big or cut at all, it takes a lot more then that. But it will help. You need a good diet, hard training and 8 hours of rest in addition to whey.
    bump. in addition you can not only have protein powders for protein you need some out of regular foods such as tuna chicken steaks etc. shakes are made for a quick way to get some protein if you have not had enough thru out the day
    Anabolic-evolution.com owner

SUPAJAwS1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go with Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein

good stuff, mixes well, cheap

Originally posted by SUPAJAwS1
    go with Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein

good stuff, mixes well, cheap
    dude i got it and i cant get it to mix for ****. i end up drining milk and protien powder in clumps

bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by SLTS

dude i got it and i cant get it to mix for ****. i end up drining milk and protien powder in clumps
    bump same here
    Anabolic-evolution.com owner

yes,I know I need to further lower my body fat to get definition,it seems like I've hit a stand still,I have pretty nice arms("it aint bragging if its true"),legs and chest,but all the fat I have left wants to concentrate itself on my stomach.

Most likely I heard wrong,but doesnt protein and/or creatine help you burn fat and make muscle when you couple it with intense workouts?

I'm new to this whole supplement thing so please excuse my ignorance...