Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Pre/post workout shakes good?

Hey guys I was just wondering if my pre/post workout shakes were good. And is there anything I could do to make it better??

Preworkout----(about 30 min before)
    1 scoop ON's whey
    1 scoop muscle milk protein
    1 scoop of albertsons brand oats(about 30 carbs)
    1/2 a banana
    2-3 strawberries
    little tablespoon of peanut butter
    liquid for mixing - Milk

Post workout----(8-15 minutes after)
    1 1/2 - 2 scoops ON's whey
    1/2 - 1 scoop of muscle milk
    1 scoop of oats
    1/2 a banana
    2-3 strawberries
    some gatorade powder(for dextrose)
    liquid for mixing- milk or gatorade

ANy help would be great.... Thanks!

(I know there have been many post about this I would just like to know how my shakes look)
    Last edited by Dunimous; 07-14-2005 at 05:44 AM. Reason: changes

Doing the Repeater. HardKnockNES's Avatar
    HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HardKnockNES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your preworkout shake is okay, I think you should be taking your oats with the muscle milk about an hour before you train though.

Then just down some whey before you workout.

Lose the fruit in your postworkout shake and replace it with some dextrose. You want nutrients to get digested as fast as possible post-workout.
    *S* 1\*
    Sheepdog #50

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    The things that stands out to me is that you are having a lot of fat in your post-wo shake from muscle milk and natty pb. Ideally, you want to limit fat post-wo. You also need more carbs post-wo. Aim for a 2:1-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein. Try something like this instead...

-20-40g of protein from whey
    -40-80g of carbs from oats, dextrose, or fruit(or any combo of the 3)
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Definately get rid of the peanut butter in the post workout shake. It will slow down gastric emptying and nutrient absobtion.

Also, I would replace some of the protein with carbs.
    Supplement free,
    healthy eater.

BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RipStone
    The things that stands out to me is that you are having a lot of fat in your post-wo shake from muscle milk and natty pb. Ideally, you want to limit fat post-wo. You also need more carbs post-wo. Aim for a 2:1-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein. Try something like this instead...

-20-40g of protein from whey
    -40-80g of carbs from oats, dextrose, or fruit(or any combo of the 3)
    Sounds good to me.
    On top of my game, and it don't stop til my hip don't hop anymore.

Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dunimous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

????

does that look better?

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dunimous
    does that look better?
    yea, you lost the fat PWO and added more carbs so it should be a lot better. try it out and see if it works well for you.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Big Nav has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Dunimous
    Hey guys I was just wondering if my pre/post workout shakes were good. And is there anything I could do to make it better??

Preworkout----(about 30 min before)
    1 scoop ON's whey
    1 scoop muscle milk protein
    1 scoop of albertsons brand oats(about 30 carbs)
    1/2 a banana
    2-3 strawberries
    little tablespoon of peanut butter
    liquid for mixing - Milk

Post workout----(8-15 minutes after)
    1 1/2 - 2 scoops ON's whey
    1/2 - 1 scoop of muscle milk
    1 scoop of oats
    1/2 a banana
    2-3 strawberries
    some gatorade powder(for dextrose)
    liquid for mixing- milk or gatorade

ANy help would be great.... Thanks!

(I know there have been many post about this I would just like to know how my shakes look)

1 thing that everybody forgot to ask u is, are u "bulking up" or are u "dieting down?"

And what's ur, height, weight?

clean

I am 6'-2" 9-12% bf 204lbs i am clean bulking