Philberg7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

relatively new to lifting and looking for a better workout

hi all,
    this is my first post on this forum. I have been lifting for about 8 months. My workouts have not been too organized because I dont know that much. I do a fair amount of cardio because I play competitive soccer. I have been reading and I was hoping people who know more could give me what they think works/links to workout routines.
    Right now, I could probably max around 240 on flat bench(havent maxed in a long time). I usually use 30,35, or 40lbs DB's to curl, and my tricepts are decent(about 45 dips). Abbs and lower body are taken care of because of the amount that I play soccer( and we do a lot of abb work).
    My goals: I would like to be stronger and look better OVERALL. My current workout focuses on the major muscles and the ones that are held in high esteem socially. I would like to gain size, but I need to stay quick for soccer. I would like a better back, shoulders, and overall definition.
    Any knowledge that you can share and workout routines would be GREAT.

here is my workout now(in no order):
    flat bench 3X10 reps
    military press 3x10 (not that often)
    smiles 3x10
    DB lateral raise(delts) 3x10
    standing alternating curls 2x10
    isolation curls 2x10
    bent over DB rows 3x10...and a few other exercises

as you can see, its pretty bad. Im looking to spend more time lifting with a more comprehensive/goal oriented workout. I think that I might do muscle groups once a week and rotate....mon-chest/tri wed-bi/shoulders/traps..that kind of thing. the only problem is that sometimes I feel like during that weeks rest I am losing strength and size. any help would be awesome

Registered User B.b. in stress!'s Avatar
    B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50) B.b. in stress! will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know a great way to build a lower back. This is what I did: I simply did two sets of deadlifts for around six reps each once every week. I don't know how i did it but my lower back has dramatically increased in size and looks very nice. Try doing that for ur lower back

Philberg7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks.
    I'll give that a try.

update: I have been trying to do my homework...and this is what I have come up w/

mon-chest/tri
    wed-back/bi
    fri-shoulders/traps
    I can be more specific to sets/ reps but it is almost identical to this;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=526041
    I took out legs because of soccer