keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Close-Grip Bench Press versus Dips

Between close-grip bench press and bar dips, which do you think provides a better workout for the triceps? I have been experimenting with close-grips in my latest cycle, but I'd be willing to try something new, just to get away from constant 'press' exercises on one of my upper body days.

bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by keninottawa
    Between close-grip bench press and bar dips, which do you think provides a better workout for the triceps? I have been experimenting with close-grips in my latest cycle, but I'd be willing to try something new, just to get away from constant 'press' exercises on one of my upper body days.
    I'd go with close grip bench press
    "I Support Same Sex Marriage......As Long As Both Chicks Are Hot"

"What Idiot Put The Letter "S" In "Lisp"?

Supplements Used:
    Whey
    Micronized Creatine
    Multi Vitamin/Mineral
    Co-Q10
    Coral Calcium
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Magnesium
    Zinc
    Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin
    Melatonin

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dips are more of an overall upper body builder.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sigh....

another "which is better" post.

Either is good. Close grips seem to work the outer head more, Dips seem to work the medial head more.

But you can switch them off with no problem.

Are you doing some kind of extension for the long head?

keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1
    Sigh....

another "which is better" post.

Either is good. Close grips seem to work the outer head more, Dips seem to work the medial head more.

But you can switch them off with no problem.

Are you doing some kind of extension for the long head?
    Nope. I'm entering a strength cycle, so I'm trying to emphasize powerlifting movements and focus less on isolating smaller muscle groups.

yellow fever legit check Bombers's Avatar
    Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what exercise would you recommend for the long head ?
    pushdown w/ rope or a straight bar, overhead extensions, skullcrushers, are these ok?

Registered User ultraMagnetical's Avatar
    ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bombers
    what exercise would you recommend for the long head ?
    pushdown w/ rope or a straight bar, overhead extensions, skullcrushers, are these ok?
    for the long head...try skullcrushers...errrr, Proper form lying extensions, or seated overhead extensions.

NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeVeRLiFt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I like doing skull crushers for the inner head, and tricep pushdowns for the upper and the outer head gets pleanty of work from the others but If I had to pick an excercise that blasts just the outer head I would say tricep kickbacks.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do 'em both, couple sets of each. There is no better, in my opinion.

big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a more intriguing question. What's better, bar dips or rear bench dips?

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by big fig
    This is a more intriguing question. What's better, bar dips or rear bench dips?
    Bar dips. I do like bench dips for a change occasionally, but they're very hard to add weight safely without a spotter, and people (specifically AJ), will say they can cause shoulder impingement.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    both are good; 1 is not superior to the other.
    <->

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by aqua-beowulf
    I do 'em both, couple sets of each. There is no better, in my opinion.
    Well said. Don't worry about which is better, just do both. My triceps routine is based around those two with a few sets of extensions to round it out.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been doing close grips for a while now and it brings up a question. How close together should my hands be, and at what angle should my elbows be in relation to my torso? I've been doing them about 6-8" apart.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift
    I've been doing close grips for a while now and it brings up a question. How close together should my hands be, and at what angle should my elbows be in relation to my torso? I've been doing them about 6-8" apart.
    I used to do them even closer than that, but discovered that just a little less than shoulder width apart (meaning only a few inches closer than my normal bench grip) hits my tris really well. I would just experiment with different widths, concentrate on feeling the muscle in action, and see which one feels best for you.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Tyrbolift

too close, use shoulder width or just slighter closer.
    <->

E-stats: 6'5" 575lbs 6%BF cheezefacta's Avatar
    cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I go in a little closer than shoulder width...You hafta keep adjusting until you feel the most work load being placed on your tris. I used to have weighted dips as my favorite tri movement, but CGBP is slowly becoming my #1 favorite because my triceps feel like they are getting alot of nice growth from them.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks guys. LOL! No wonder my wrists feel torqued when I do them.
    Time To Re-Schedule