OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

my daily meal plan...critique would be greatly appreciated

my stats: 19yrs old 5"10 170lbs max bench:275 trying to get six pack for summer while still gaining size

please critique!!!

AM cardio
    MEAL 1 : 3-4 eggs sunnyside up...two pieces wheat toast...glass of OJ....protien shake

Workout

MEAL 2 : Protien shake, large grilled chicken salad

go to work

MEAL 3: Protien Shake + either Tuna or Turkey Sandwich on Wheat bread...or sometimes 14oz of Prime Rib ( i work at a restraunt and sometimes get hooked up by the chefs)

home from work

MEAL 4: Protien shake, large grilled chicken salad

MEAL 5 : Protien shake before bed

aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100)
    I say eat more food close to their natural state like chicken, beef, etc.. don't rely too much on shakes.
    "OBSESSED" is the word lazy people use to describe the "DEDICATED."

aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100)
    Eat more complex carbs too:

Proteins
    chicken breast
    turkey breast
    lean ground turkey
    swordfish
    orange roughy
    haddock
    salmon
    tuna
    crab
    lobster
    shrimp
    top round steak
    top sirloin steak
    lean ground beef
    buffalo
    lean ham
    egg whites or substitutes
    trout
    low-fat cottage cheese
    wild-game meat

Carbohydrates
    baked potato
    sweet potato
    yams
    squash
    pumpkin
    steamed brown rice
    steamed wild rice
    whole grain pasta
    oatmeal
    barley
    beans
    kidney beans
    corn
    strawberries
    melon
    apple
    orange
    fat-free yogurt
    whole-wheat bread
    high-fiber cereal
    rice cake
    popcorn
    tortilla
    whole grains

Vegetables
    broccoli
    asparagus
    lettuce
    carrots
    cauliflower
    green beans
    green peppers
    mushrooms
    spinach
    tomato
    peas
    brussels sprouts
    artichoke
    cabbage
    celery
    zucchini
    cucumber
    onion

Fats
    avocado
    sunflower seeds
    pumpkin seeds
    cold-water fish
    natural peanut butter
    low-fat cheese

Fats to Avoid
    butter
    fried foods
    mayonnaise
    sweets
    whole-fat dairy products

c/o:
    http://the-personal-trainer.com/Mess...topic.php?t=91
    "OBSESSED" is the word lazy people use to describe the "DEDICATED."

KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000)
    Plus, I don't know if it is really possible to put on some mass and get a 6 pack at the same time. That's pretty tuff to do since what you seem to be doing is bulking. And I dunno about the cardio in the morning before you eat anything. It's been hours and hours since your body had food and you just wake up and start using some energy that isn't coming from food... That might hinder your gains a bit, I know it did when I did it.

OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OrangeNBlack is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    from the articles i've read and threads here on the board...ive gotten the impression that doing cardio first thing in the AM is best..

as long as u dont do anything over 20min or so your body will eat away at the ur fat before it will ur muscle...so as long as i keep it to low intensity cardio for approx. 20min...i think i should be ok

any comments???? greatly appreciated

monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Really doesn't matter. You will burn very minimal amounts of fat with 20 minutes of exercise, particularly at low intensities. It might make a slight difference if you are already very lean, but for most people cardio just helps to create a larger calorific deficit and therefore increase weight loss that way.

The fuel you burn for the other 23 hours and 40 minutes of the day is far more important.

Diet is the primary factor in weight loss. Resistance training will help maintain muscle. CV work will improve/maintain aerobic fitness (which is obviously good - everyone should do CV work for this reason) but it's generally an inefficient way of creating a calorific deficit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention your diet. No offence but it sucks. You need a heap of fresh fruit and veg, some lean meat and some carbs. In other words, a healthy balanced diet. Just make sure you're eating below maintenance calories. I don't know why people love their pills and powders so much, but really you just 'need' whey protein around your workout.
    Last edited by monkeydan; 07-11-2005 at 01:26 PM.

Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dmbwhiteguy
    my stats: 19yrs old 5"10 170lbs max bench:275 trying to get six pack for summer while still gaining size

please critique!!!

AM cardio
    MEAL 1 : 3-4 eggs sunnyside up...two pieces wheat toast...glass of OJ....protien shake

Workout

MEAL 2 : Protien shake, large grilled chicken salad

go to work

MEAL 3: Protien Shake + either Tuna or Turkey Sandwich on Wheat bread...or sometimes 14oz of Prime Rib ( i work at a restraunt and sometimes get hooked up by the chefs)

home from work

MEAL 4: Protien shake, large grilled chicken salad

MEAL 5 : Protien shake before bed

LOL.

Seriously dude, cut out the shakes and fill it in with real food.

Even if you have a couple of 'sandwich meals'it wll be infinitely better than shakes.

Breakfast is reasonable, go for two whole eggs and five or six whites. Add in another two slices of toast.
    Or substitute for 100g oats.

Meal Two: Have chicken sandwiches, or mix the chicken with Yams, Pasta or Rice, then have the Salad too.

And with meals three and four.

Meal five: try to consume a slower digesting protein. Most use cottage cheese.
    Don't get ripped off buying Caesin shake.

You need to re-evaluate. Shakes are supplements, remember this. They are not a substitute for real food. If you stop spending all your money on shakes, you'll have more for real food and some left over.
    Trust me, I used to spend around $50 a week at one point on Whey + Maltodextrin gainer shakes. What a waste! Didn't do much for me either.
    Soon as I went the Whey & Oats road for shakes (one a day, two on workout days) and spent money on food, I was getting more & better calories and had money left over.
    Do it.
    Is there any fear in this Dojo?

thanks...appreciate the feedback