Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What is "niacin Flush"

What is niacin flush? I have heard the term before.
    I am trying ot figure ou why i just burned and itched feeling like an alergic reaction i think it was due to the dialene 4 and this is not the only case ive heard of
    Progress Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=71384033&posted=1#post71384033

put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bgreise24 View Post
    I am trying ot figure ou why i just burned and itched feeling like an alergic reaction i think it was due to the dialene 4 and this is not the only case ive heard of
    What I am going through right now. LOL.

Niacin is a natural vasodiolator, which means it opens up the blood vessels to let blood flow freely. Basically, regulation is disabled for awhile in the cells. I take a creatine supplement that utilizes this aspect to get the creatine into the cells. Right now, I am red pretty much all over my body and feel like I have a sunburn. This usually goes away in about 30 minutes or so. Eating or working out immediately after taking a vasodiolator can minimize the redness and irritation.

Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by put5onyo View Post

Niacin is a natural vasodiolator, which means it opens up the blood vessels to let blood flow freely. Basically, regulation is disabled for awhile in the cells. I take a creatine supplement that utilizes this aspect to get the creatine into the cells. Right now, I am red pretty much all over my body and feel like I have a sunburn. This usually goes away in about 30 minutes or so. Eating or working out immediately after taking a vasodiolator can minimize the redness and irritation.
    Yea that is what it felt like sunburn. Opening the blood vessels ...regulation in the cell is disabled that doesn't sound good...?
    Progress Journal:

Originally Posted by put5onyo View Post

it is in dialene 4 right? andif i take it before i work out will it help protein synthesis
    Progress Journal:

bump
    Progress Journal:

put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it is in dialene 4 right? andif i take it before i work out will it help protein synthesis

Don't know anything about dialene 4, so I can't help you there. I really don't know how a vasodiolator would help with protein synthesis, but I may be wrong.

regulation in the cell is disabled that doesn't sound good...?

That was a little too extreme for me to say. In cells, it is important to understand that nutrients will only go into a cell of the amount of a nutrient is greater outside the cell than if inside the cell. When you use a vasodiolator, theoretically a cell that is rich in a nutrient will still accept nutrients from outside the cell, this is known as "going against the gradient."

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Niacin causes your capillaries (small blood vessels) in your body to get wider (bigger). The capillaries are usually extremely small and blood passes through them very slowly. The inherent problem with this is that capillaries are the main way for your body to rid itself of toxins. Your arteries, in comparison, are much larger than capillaries and can carry more blood and at a faster rate, but they do not come near the majority of your body. Arteries are the "highways" of your body and capillaries are more like the small town road that you exit off of the highway from in order to get to your house. Your house, in this example, would be a cell somewhere in a remote part of your body that is full of toxins. Without sufficient blood flow (oxygen, and everything that comes along with it), this cell cannot rid itself of its' toxins. Now, imagine your city widening the road that leads by your house -- the traffic would increase right and they would probably increase the speed limit from 25 to say 45 or 50 right? Well, the same is true for your capillaries! They will carry more blood, and at a faster rate. The end result is that your cells now have more blood to rid themselves of toxins throughout your body as the capillaries get wider!

How does this relate to niacin flush, you ask? Simple. Niacin causes the capillaries to get bigger, and the end result is the "flush". The increase in size of your capillaries causes, in some cases, a redness on your skin in the areas that it is occurring. This is the first part of niacin flush. The second reaction of niacin flush is the annoying, and sometimes painful itch that comes along with it. This itch is actually healthy! The reason you are experiencing this itch is because the niacin has allowed more blood to reach your cells to remove toxins from them. As toxins are carried away and your cell becomes healthier, it is finally able to "call" your body for help! Your body responds by sending what is called a histamine to the cell. Histamines cause you to itch, but they also allow your body to send more water, blood, and nutrients to the area that called them.

To sum it all up, the niacin flush is actually a very healthy reaction from your body! You shouldn't be alarmed when you get it; actually the very opposite! It means your body is healing itself. You'll notice that after a certain dosage of niacin that eventually you will not receive the niacin flush any longer. Once you up the dosage, you may experience it again. Your doctor can recommend a good healthy dosage for you.

I hope this helps clear up the common misconception that niacin is actually harming your body. So, when you get it, try to sit back, relax, cope with the short annoyance that it causes, and think about the GOOD that it is doing for your body. Remember, it WILL GO AWAY!
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it is in dialene 4 right?
    Yes sir... and possibly the Cayenne Pepper in addition to the Niacin ...
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by uniquenutrition View Post
    Niacin causes your capillaries (small blood vessels) in your body to get wider (bigger). The capillaries are usually extremely small and blood passes through them very slowly. The inherent problem with this is that capillaries are the main way for your body to rid itself of toxins. Your arteries, in comparison, are much larger than capillaries and can carry more blood and at a faster rate, but they do not come near the majority of your body. Arteries are the "highways" of your body and capillaries are more like the small town road that you exit off of the highway from in order to get to your house. Your house, in this example, would be a cell somewhere in a remote part of your body that is full of toxins. Without sufficient blood flow (oxygen, and everything that comes along with it), this cell cannot rid itself of its' toxins. Now, imagine your city widening the road that leads by your house -- the traffic would increase right and they would probably increase the speed limit from 25 to say 45 or 50 right? Well, the same is true for your capillaries! They will carry more blood, and at a faster rate. The end result is that your cells now have more blood to rid themselves of toxins throughout your body as the capillaries get wider!

How does this relate to niacin flush, you ask? Simple. Niacin causes the capillaries to get bigger, and the end result is the "flush". The increase in size of your capillaries causes, in some cases, a redness on your skin in the areas that it is occurring. This is the first part of niacin flush. The second reaction of niacin flush is the annoying, and sometimes painful itch that comes along with it. This itch is actually healthy! The reason you are experiencing this itch is because the niacin has allowed more blood to reach your cells to remove toxins from them. As toxins are carried away and your cell becomes healthier, it is finally able to "call" your body for help! Your body responds by sending what is called a histamine to the cell. Histamines cause you to itch, but they also allow your body to send more water, blood, and nutrients to the area that called them.

To sum it all up, the niacin flush is actually a very healthy reaction from your body! You shouldn't be alarmed when you get it; actually the very opposite! It means your body is healing itself. You'll notice that after a certain dosage of niacin that eventually you will not receive the niacin flush any longer. Once you up the dosage, you may experience it again. Your doctor can recommend a good healthy dosage for you.

I hope this helps clear up the common misconception that niacin is actually harming your body. So, when you get it, try to sit back, relax, cope with the short annoyance that it causes, and think about the GOOD that it is doing for your body. Remember, it WILL GO AWAY!
    Nice analogy.

BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2Burnt View Post
    Nice analogy.
    Yea, but it was already published here:

http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/niacin-flush.html

Now, uniquenutrition may have just posted the above info as a service to the bb.com community and forgot to reference it as somebody else's work. I'm not trying to call him out, just pointing out that this is not "original" material.

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BigBopio View Post
    Yea, but it was already published here:

http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/niacin-flush.html

Now, uniquenutrition may have just posted the above info as a service to the bb.com community and forgot to reference it as somebody else's work. I'm not trying to call him out, just pointing out that this is not "original" material.
    lets just hope he wrote it or made a thoughtless mistake...
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    niacin flush is harmless. My biochem professor told us about a professor who used to take niacin before class when the subject was basic vitamin metabolism .
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by u5711 View Post
    lets just hope he wrote it or made a thoughtless mistake...
    Exactly. I'm just saying, give credit where credit is due, whomever it belongs to.

pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokerhard16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get it once in a while using poseidon and it sucks.It feels wierd and looks even worse.

bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonbon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Niacin + beta-alanine and whammo! Your up for a 15 minutes of hell
    I'm strong 'till the finish, 'cause I eats all me spinach

Registered User rubberchicken73's Avatar
    rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I kinda like the flush ( got me some Poseidon as well ). I do make a point of not going out in public when it comes on however.

xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thanks for all the info everyone, very informative thread

Registered User ForceLineBacker's Avatar
    ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000) ForceLineBacker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by uniquenutrition View Post

-Mens total fitness

rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mm i thought the flush came on when you o.d.ed on niacin. had some old pills once that were crumbling to powder and took them. it absorbed to quickly and the minute i went out into the sunlight the part of my arms that weren't covered by my short sleeve shirt turned tomato red.

looked it up online and said it was an O.D. of niacin. you sure you're supposed to get the flush?
    Oil do it.

jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigBopio View Post
    Exactly. I'm just saying, give credit where credit is due, whomever it belongs to.
    let me know when the works cited thread is done.
    Cursum Perficio

NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So, if you niacin flush more, technically you've been constantly ridding the body of toxins and the effect will decrease over time?
    NBE

raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10) raidz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its heaven!

pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    niacin flush sucks if you are not accustomed to it or don't know what to expect. the first time i took a niacin tablet i thought i was going to die. my breathing got all ****ed up (felt like i was suffocating), my skin got flush and hot, and overall i just felt like total ****. it lasts about 20-30min, but once it wore off i was cool...tossed that bottle immediately....

Cutting, do not disturb. Alkaline's Avatar
    Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    got it from prolabs horny goat weed, went away after 30min-1hr. Haven't got it since, my body got used to it.
    In life you struggle to get the weight off your shoulders, in the gym you struggle to pile it on

Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trenbolone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Reps given to CognitiveNutrition. I take Niaspan 1000mgs every night to aid in HDL's. It feels like I am laying on top of a cactus in a hot desert. I don't itch as much as you other folks that take it, but it feels like needles are poking me all over, and I hate that lobster (crustacean) look I get from it, it appears like I want to be in a damn aquariam waiting to be broiled.