Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cant! Gain! Weight!

Yeah hey guys, I have been working to increase my very skinny frame and pack on some pounds but having some real difficulty. I weigh 117 pounds, 15 years old and 5' 11" as of now and have been trying everything to get a better foundation to build off of. I eat everything, and am not one of those people who eat an apple for breakfast. I eat everything, it seems my metabolism is fighting back and does not want to help me gain even a little weight. I have gone through about 4 tubs of ON's whey (taken correctly after workout). I just started on some ON's Serious Mass which is around 1,250 calories. I mix the powder to make about 24 oz's of shake. I take 12 oz's after workout since it contains some protein, then later at night take the rest. I still dont seem to be gaining much weight and am nearing the end of my 6 pound serious mass tub. I have noticed extreme strength increases from last summer where I weighed 104 pounds. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

I normally do:

Preacher Curls- 45 pounds 10 reps
    Flat bench press- 110 pounds 6-8 reps
    Military Press- 70 pounds 6-8 reps
    Pec Deck- 50 pounds 8 reps
    Seated Row - 65 pounds 8 reps
    Lat pull down - 80 pounds 8 reps

Those are the main exercises I do with the appropriate amount of sets and not all preformed in the same day. I normally do Preacher Curls and Flat bench press as a standard then pick and choose from there.

I would really like to weigh at least 140 pounds but It seems almost impossible to me considering the amount of food I eat without gaining weight. I need some advice or motivation, or both, whichever helps. I have always been behind people in my grade due to the fact my birthday is in august so I am the last person entering 11th grade to turn 16. Bummer.

veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ummm well keep at it and just make sure when u gain that weight that u still dont eat EVERYTHING just because itll turn to fat....and maybe ur already eating good but hey just stick to it and it will come (ONs Procomplex is great to that all i use

upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) upandcomming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    read the beginners sticky
    mike

Bring On The Pain! MMMKAYMAN1769's Avatar
    MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey man it looks like you need to pack on pounds of anything. i used to weigh 125lb in may, but i just ate ate ate and ate some more. just keep eating, try and get around 3000-3500 calories a day, you will start gaining weight in no time.
    6'1'' 206lb

kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Jesus, do some legs, most of your weight is in your legs.....

maybe if you did a squat here or there you might have more mass..

Think about it, there are a lot of muscle groups in your legs, and if you hit them all hard they will grow and add mass.
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    BJ Penn > You

GO COWBOYS!!

MrConceided has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would suggest massive leg and back workouts. Those are the biggest mass gaining exercises. Also eat like a beast...
    -Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body-

ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryansmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MrConceided
    I would suggest massive leg and back workouts. Those are the biggest mass gaining exercises. Also eat like a beast...
    how do beasts eat?
    buy from [url]www.***********.co[/url] m

Registered User Need 2Whey more's Avatar
    Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Wicked_Rain
    Yeah hey guys, I have been working to increase my very skinny frame and pack on some pounds but having some real difficulty. I weigh 117 pounds, 15 years old and 5' 11" as of now and have been trying everything to get a better foundation to build off of. I eat everything, and am not one of those people who eat an apple for breakfast. I eat everything, it seems my metabolism is fighting back and does not want to help me gain even a little weight. I have gone through about 4 tubs of ON's whey (taken correctly after workout). I just started on some ON's Serious Mass which is around 1,250 calories. I mix the powder to make about 24 oz's of shake. I take 12 oz's after workout since it contains some protein, then later at night take the rest. I still dont seem to be gaining much weight and am nearing the end of my 6 pound serious mass tub. I have noticed extreme strength increases from last summer where I weighed 104 pounds. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

I normally do:

Preacher Curls- 45 pounds 10 reps
    Flat bench press- 110 pounds 6-8 reps
    Military Press- 70 pounds 6-8 reps
    Pec Deck- 50 pounds 8 reps
    Seated Row - 65 pounds 8 reps
    Lat pull down - 80 pounds 8 reps

Those are the main exercises I do with the appropriate amount of sets and not all preformed in the same day. I normally do Preacher Curls and Flat bench press as a standard then pick and choose from there.

I would really like to weigh at least 140 pounds but It seems almost impossible to me considering the amount of food I eat without gaining weight. I need some advice or motivation, or both, whichever helps. I have always been behind people in my grade due to the fact my birthday is in august so I am the last person entering 11th grade to turn 16. Bummer.

Hey where's you leg work-out routine, don't neglect legs. You can put some serious weight on by working out your legs. You maybe overtraining your upper body aswell, don't forget to rest its very important! I noticed that eating is more important than working out in gaining weight. Don't think cause you work-out more you'll get bigger faster. You need to rest your muscles, hit your bodyparts once per week and that should suffice. Try and do 3 sets per exercise and 8-12 reps. Its all trial and error see what range works for you. Also keep your work outs under 45 mins and rests short 1 - 1 1/2 mins max, make them intense and use moderate to heavy weight so you'll be ready to have enough energy in 1 - 1 1/2 mins. Focus on form and not ego lifts. Stimulating the muscle is far more important than heavy weight with improper form.

Make sure your eating at least every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs 5 -6 times per day. eat chicken breast, make lots of it and freeze it. I usually make about a weeks worth and keep it ready to eat so I don't have to think about it. Its pretty expensive after a while so I also use egg whites and tuna. They are easy to make and you can prepare them in different ways. Cottage cheese, mixed veggies, milk, yogurt, oats, etc. I try and keep foods the same its boring, but effective!

Good luck
    Last edited by Need 2Whey more; 07-11-2005 at 12:33 AM.
    Jeremiah 29:13

Everyone has all the answer's, except when it comes to their own life!

crypto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't really give you any advice that has been given... but I have to mention the fact others already have, do some leg work. You'll gain a lot of mass working your legs. You'll gain that mass even quicker if you haven't yet worked your legs a lot! So go do that!

Apart from that, do you take in enough protein?

You should be taking in 1 multiplied by your bodyweight = 117g of protein a day, at the least. So you should be good to go with 2 x 117 = 234g of protein a day. Make sure you take in enough of that stuff!

Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz_Rider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    squats and deadlifts!!!!

good luck with it kid

Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys, the only reason I have neglected legs is because I only own a standard calf raise on the end of my bench. As for squats I guess I can use my barbell that I flat bench with.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat! More! Food!
    "Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."

Think about what you want in life. Then ask yourself what you're doing to achieve it.

I eat to the point where I don't feel hungry anymore. I just eat so much at each meal I still have a feeling of fullness that carries me from breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner, dinner to snack. I guess i just have to eat more. Heh.

Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I eat to the point where I don't feel hungry anymore. I just eat so much at each meal I still have a feeling of fullness that carries me from breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner, dinner to snack. I guess i just have to eat more. Heh.

3 meals and a 'snack' huh? Eat no less than 6 meals
    "Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."

Think about what you want in life. Then ask yourself what you're doing to achieve it.

yellow fever legit check Bombers's Avatar
    Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dirty bulk if you have too to increase cals...

Registered User Need 2Whey more's Avatar
    Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks guys, the only reason I have neglected legs is because I only own a standard calf raise on the end of my bench. As for squats I guess I can use my barbell that I flat bench with.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Hey pal, you might consider purchasing these. They aren't too expensive about $150 Cdn and don't take up too much room. They have a max capcity of about 400lbs and can be adjusted to various heights. Do a search online and you can probably find a good price. I bought them because I didn't have room for a power cage and they work great!
    Attached Images
    Jeremiah 29:13

Everyone has all the answer's, except when it comes to their own life!