Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fraternity Names/Ranks

Do fraternities have names that symbolize rank? I hear some fraternities use Greek letters as their house name, but are there different rankings among different houses?

Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dark Light will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It seems there are different types of initiations here and people that suffer more get placed into different houses than the ones that just take written tests, so I'm wondering if there are ranks

Guess no real bodybuilder is in a frat

scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm in a frat. I have never heard of you get in a house dependin on how much you suffer. At my college you first have rush week. You get a card with every frats letters on it. You go to every frat house and they tell you why you should be in their fraternity. A lot of parties usually happen during this week. At the end of the week you have a bid day. If any of the frats want you to pledge for them you will get a bid. You can either accept of decline the bid. If you get a bid for the frat you wanted then you can accept. Afterwards you will most likely have a bid day party.

The next step is to be installed as a pledge. Now your pledgship will start. Different frats have pledges do different things. Being sober driver, cleaning the frat house, running erands all the time for the actives will probably be some of the things you will be doing. Knowing the actives information as well as important history of the frat will be very important. Tests will probably be given over the info. You will most likely have a pledge book. You will have to do tasks for the actives to complete it and turn it in at the end of your pledge semester

Now you are done pledgeing. Some frats will initiate you before the semester ends. Others will wait untill the next semester to make sure you made grades. Making grades will probably mean making a 2.0 or 2.2 depending on the frat you are in. Hell night or week will depend upon the frat as well.

The initiation ceremony will differ from frat to frat but will probably include lots of drinking. Now you are a member of the fraternity that you chose. Have fun.
    U.S. Army
    OEF '12

I don't even know the difference between the frats...So hard to choose then, if most of them do bid on you

phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fraternities are names of the Greek Alphabet. And there are positions within the house that you can hold. I'm not quite sure what your asking here, I'm in a fraternity if you want to know more about them.

pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100) pump_iron is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thats tight.
    i used to have green rep points.

Ok, there are different houses, right? So from what I see, no house is better than the other. So how are you supposed to decide which house to be in?

phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phonebook123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by scat
    I'm in a frat. I have never heard of you get in a house dependin on how much you suffer. At my college you first have rush week. You get a card with every frats letters on it. You go to every frat house and they tell you why you should be in their fraternity. A lot of parties usually happen during this week. At the end of the week you have a bid day. If any of the frats want you to pledge for them you will get a bid. You can either accept of decline the bid. If you get a bid for the frat you wanted then you can accept. Afterwards you will most likely have a bid day party.

The next step is to be installed as a pledge. Now your pledgship will start. Different frats have pledges do different things. Being sober driver, cleaning the frat house, running erands all the time for the actives will probably be some of the things you will be doing. Knowing the actives information as well as important history of the frat will be very important. Tests will probably be given over the info. You will most likely have a pledge book. You will have to do tasks for the actives to complete it and turn it in at the end of your pledge semester

Now you are done pledgeing. Some frats will initiate you before the semester ends. Others will wait untill the next semester to make sure you made grades. Making grades will probably mean making a 2.0 or 2.2 depending on the frat you are in. Hell night or week will depend upon the frat as well.

The initiation ceremony will differ from frat to frat but will probably include lots of drinking. Now you are a member of the fraternity that you chose. Have fun.

Thats bascially the same thing we have at my university. We didn't get a bid party though, or that I remember... lol

Haha, I definitely don't remember much of the night I became a brother, or big brother night.

Oh yea, what positions can you hold in a house of a fraternity?

scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just talk to the guys in the house and pick the frat with the guys you like the best. Ask them about any events they do, parties, house rules, due money and just hang out and see if you like them.
    U.S. Army
    OEF '12

Originally Posted by Dark Light
    Ok, there are different houses, right? So from what I see, no house is better than the other. So how are you supposed to decide which house to be in?

Some houses are better than others, it depends on your campus. For example one frat at one school maybe the really popular frat, but at another school it could be the loser frat.

You really just have to go around and check out the different houses during Rush and see what frat you like best.

Oh yea, what positions can you hold in a house of a fraternity?

Probably different for different houses, but the standard ones are:
    President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Rush Chair, Social Chair. There are other positions to be held as well.

Next year will be my first year at college. I'm just a bit confused and don't want to look like a loser asking older frat guys about all these dumb questions. Like I heard TAU KAPPA EPSILON was an international frat which should be popular then as a division at my school, right? From what I hear, frat guys are really mean and stuff. I feel a bit more comfortable because I'm built more than 80% of the guys at my whole school.

Next year will be my first year at college. I'm just a bit confused and don't want to look like a loser asking older frat guys about all these dumb questions. Like I heard TAU KAPPA EPSILON was an international frat which should be popular then as a division at my school, right? From what I hear, frat guys are really mean and stuff. I feel a bit more comfortable because I'm built more than 80% of the guys at my whole school.
    Most of the guys are pretty chill and if you're pretty cool guy no one is goign to care about you asking questions. Infact you need to ask questions to decide if that frat is what you want. I don't know anything about Tau Kappa Epsilon, I'm not sure if it's even on my campus. It may not be popular on your campus, it may not. You really have to check it out for yourself.

Alright, I guess I'll just act cool around the guys
    Hazing is illegal now, right?
    My friend didn't tell me what happened exactly, but something about doing 50 pushups and getting rugburn or something like that
    I can choose to leave the frat, but that will make me look like a loser right

Alright, I guess I'll just act cool around the guys
    Hazing is illegal now, right?
    My friend didn't tell me what happened exactly, but something about doing 50 pushups and getting rugburn or something like that
    I can choose to leave the frat, but that will make me look like a loser right

Yeah hazing is illegal, but it would be a bitch move to go and tell. You don't have to do anything, you can choose not to do it and just leave, but yes you will look like a loser if you do so.

And most frats wont' have you do something really bad.

I guess it doesn't sound as bad as I've heard
    I just hope I'm not a weak soul...

Wait, so what if during the initiations 12 guys start punching me and I decide to fight back with JKD and beat them all up? Will I be rejected?

Wait, so what if during the initiations 12 guys start punching me and I decide to fight back with JKD and beat them all up? Will I be rejected?

Haha, no one will be punching you.

Yes! So the initiation is nothing that harmful?

Yes! So the initiation is nothing that harmful?
    I can't tell you really what goes on during initiation, but no harm is done to you.

Why can't you tell me?
    And I don't think aboslutely no harm is done, because my friend got scabs from it from being burned and scraped so much from wood

Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dar-Z is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This frat thing sounds like great fun! how do they feel about letting irish people in to frats? i could impress them with my drinking! (i live in ireland but plan to go to college in america)

Originally Posted by Dar-Z
    This frat thing sounds like great fun! how do they feel about letting irish people in to frats? i could impress them with my drinking! (i live in ireland but plan to go to college in america)
    Lol nobody will care that you're Irish, race, ethnicity, religion don't matter when they choose who they want to join their frat, all that matters is if they like you as a person. In the frat I'm in we have Christians, Jews, maybe some atheists. There aren't any black people in it, but one of my friends who is black got a bid, but he didn't want to live in.

Can you plzzzzzzzzzz tell me what happened during initiation? Plzzz?? I'll try to give you something in return :wink: :wink:

yellow fever legit check Bombers's Avatar
    Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can you plzzzzzzzzzz tell me what happened during initiation? Plzzz?? I'll try to give you something in return :wink: :wink:

a lot of stuff varying from swallowing live goldfish to eating poop......who knows...?
    B|m|B
    CREW

{{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}

*always pick 6 crew*

DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depending on which school you are attending, different fraternities will be considered the "ONE" to be in. When I was in school (about 10 years ago) the two big ones to be in were ALPHA CHI RO (nicknamed the crows) and the skull (I forget their greek letters). Often a fraternity will be known for being the nerdy fraternity or the athlete fraternity. People tend to want to be around people who are like themselves so people of different "types" gravitate toward the fraternity that they fit in with.

Originally Posted by Bombers
    a lot of stuff varying from swallowing live goldfish to eating poop......who knows...?
    Initiation, not hazing

Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000)
    LMAO.

No, not at this thread, but at the fact that Phonebook has the same location as the infamous John H.

So phonebook, did John ever offer to take DAMN good care of you? Ever see him at any construction sites?

Just playing dude