Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I try. I believe that no one should be deprived of a chance just because of lack of funding. I'm not wealthy by any means, but I can afford to help someone out once in awhile, especially if I feel that they are worth the investment, and I think Jordan is worth it. His transformation from his "fat college kid" pics is remarkable, and I think that with Tipsta's help he will do fine next weekend.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jimpern View Post
    Hey, I try. I believe that no one should be deprived of a chance just because of lack of funding. I'm not wealthy by any means, but I can afford to help someone out once in awhile, especially if I feel that they are worth the investment, and I think Jordan is worth it. His transformation from his "fat college kid" pics is remarkable, and I think that with Tipsta's help he will do fine next weekend.
    I could not have said it better. I am stoked you did that, I was actually going to contact you Jordan and see if I could help as well. I mean all the work you are putting in and keeping these forums fresh is worth it. Glad to see you are doing both...1 week so kick some ass buddy. I am tempted to drive up and see the show myself.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I could not have said it better. I am stoked you did that, I was actually going to contact you Jordan and see if I could help as well. I mean all the work you are putting in and keeping these forums fresh is worth it. Glad to see you are doing both...1 week so kick some ass buddy. I am tempted to drive up and see the show myself.
    Thanks a lot for the kind words guys, it means a lot. I didn't do anything special that someone else couldn't do.
    It would be awesome if you showed at the competition Paul! Let me know if you decide to come.

I tore it up in the gym today. I think this was my last all-out workout before my competition. I'll have to see what Tip says, but yeah. I had to gimp my way home, because one my legs were so dead and two my knees are aching like heck. The aching in my knees should subside after I raise my fat back up after competition. Just four more days till my carb up! It should be great taking in nothing but sweet potatoes and rice cakes. I love both.
    Thats about all for now, just wish I had a time machine to warp ahead one week, lol.

-Jordan
    Last edited by jth16; 04-12-2008 at 04:10 PM.
    www.naturalbodybuildingevents.com --------- www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com
    www.biolayne.com -------- www.3dmusclejourney.com

"I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in a maze of mediocrity. I won't give up shut up, let up, or slow up"

"In preparing elite training programs we will not underestimate the adaptive abilities of the human body"

Team Norton 2010

Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank9888 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    **Jimpern**
    Man, that is awesome. Thanks for helping out my bud like that. It just goes to show that there still are some decent people out there that are willing to go out on a limb for others and help out when they can. I would have tried to contribute but 1) I didn't know he needed it and 2) I am a broke college student myself! Haha, anyways, that's awesome man. It is a real motivation to help others.

**Jordan**
    Almost there dude. I can't wait until next weekend. While I sit around all day and stuff my face with junk food I think about you and I fill a little guilty, then I take another bite, and I forget about you....haha, na, just kidding, I'm tryin to watch what I eat better now that I have some motivation from you and my coach. Seeing the way you have transformed makes it that much easier to get in the weight room and SOMEWHAT watch my diet. I mean, I can't just let you blow me away like this!!!!! Haha, Can't wait to see you next weekend bud. Keep it up!

PS
    PSALMS 18:32-40
    It is an awesome verse when you are filling discouraged or down. I read it before every football game.
    Football is a game of inches, no matter which way you look at it. That extra day in the weight room or on the field running gassers could mean the difference between a knock down and a sack, a block or a pancake, a 4 yard gain or a touchdown.

jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the kind words, fellas. I was once a "starving college student" myself -- far too long ago to really remember -- but at least I wasn't involved in a hobby as expensive as bodybuilding. (My passion was building plastic model airplanes, which can get expensive too if you let it).

Don't be bashful asking for sponsors; it's not like panhandling. If you show people that you are truly dedicated, they will help you. (Just be sure that they're legitimate and not trying to use you for some nefarious purpose.)

I'll say this about Jordan: we've been exchanging emails about what he can expect next week, and he's about as well-prepared, physically and mentally, as a rookie bodybuilder can be. Tipsta is giving him nutrition advice, I'm giving him posing ideas, and if he does everything right, he should be going back to Alabama next week with a bunch of trophies. But win or lose, the important thing for him at the show will be to have fun, and to learn.

takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takedown4two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Keep those cards and letters coming!

Originally Posted by jimpern View Post
    Hey Jim,
    Thanks for the help with Jordan. I think the first payment for the Fall semester is due around August 12th. ha ha JK

He's excited to get to compete in two classes and I probably would have had to say no if he asked me for the extra $$. College is expensive!

Alright, all I have to do now is coordinate all the logistics to/from the competition and sit back and watch. I can't wait. I'm VERY proud of what Jordan has accomplished and who knows where this might lead..........

jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Started decarbing today! Hooray! Pass the anti-depressants and ephedrine!
    Haha, I don't think it will be too bad. I'm decarbing, but still on more carbs than I was on before meeting Tipsta. That and I'm only going to be decarbing today and tomorrow.
    Now, I might have heard him wrong, but I don't think I did-
    I will be carbing up on around 1000g of carbs/day.
    I will be the happiest kid on the planet then. Almost nothing but sweet potatoes and rice cakes (no salt).

I've got back and biceps today, then chest and triceps tomorrow and I'll be done with the weights till I get to the pump room! Not really sure about cardio, just some light intensity at this point. I destroyed my legs on Sunday and they are extremely sore. I've dropped my sodium pretty low too, I'm not adding any, and up until today I had been eating chicken that had sodium added to it.

I'm looking much dryer, and my midsection looks better than ever. I can't wait to see how I look once I peak in 5 days.

Now, I don't want to jump the gun here, but I'm considering continuing my diet for 9 weeks after this competition for another- NPC Southeastern Gold's Classic. Its a national qualifier, and I don't remember the names off the top of my head, but 2-3 IFBB Pros will be there guest posing. It just makes more sense to me to go ahead and try to hit the level of conditioning I want, rather than do this comp, lean bulk for 8 weeks, then cut for another 12.
    I have to admit, the only reason I'm even considering this is because of Tipsta. If I felt like I did last week and like I did the weeks prior, the thought wouldn't even be in my head, but now that I'm feeling so good and still loosing weight, I know another 9 weeks will be much more bearable.
    Again, nothing is set in stone, I'm just going to have to see how I feel after this Saturday.

-Jordan
    Last edited by jth16; 04-14-2008 at 07:49 AM.

"I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in a maze of mediocrity. I won't give up shut up, let up, or slow up"

"In preparing elite training programs we will not underestimate the adaptive abilities of the human body"

Team Norton 2010

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1000 grams of carbs.. jesus
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great progress bro! Keep after it and rock the show! You are gonna do phenomenal! PUSH IT!
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

-Mediocrity is NOT an Option-

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post
    1000 grams of carbs.. jesus
    That's a far cry from your 0 grams a day eh Matty
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

Originally Posted by Agostage View Post
    That's a far cry from your 0 grams a day eh Matty
    Oh cmon now, you know he has to be getting a good 10-15g from the broccoli he eats.

Muahahaha

Team Norton 2010

yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1000g of carbs? man you are going to blow up like a balloon. I hope for your sake you don't. BTW sweet potatoes do have sodium in them

Originally Posted by yzrider400f View Post
    1000g of carbs? man you are going to blow up like a balloon. I hope for your sake you don't. BTW sweet potatoes do have sodium in them
    Yup! .01mg per gram. So, even taking in 1000g sweet potato per meal, it will only be contributing 10mg. Don't worry, Tip has everything covered.

Team Norton 2010

yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jth16 View Post
    Yup! .01mg per gram. So, even taking in 1000g sweet potato per meal, it will only be contributing 10mg. Don't worry, Tip has everything covered.
    not quite.. boiling it with no skin and mashing it yields like 89mg per cup

baking is a little less

good luck man i hope all goes well.

not quite.. boiling it with no skin and mashing it yields like 89mg per cup

baking is a little less

good luck man i hope all goes well.
    What about steaming then baking? Lol, generally I'll put it in a plastic bag and throw it in the microwave for 4-7mins depending on how big it is, take it out, mash it up, throw in two scoops of protein and a little 0 cal syrup and put it in the oven for a couple minutes.

Team Norton 2010

What about steaming then baking? Lol, generally I'll put it in a plastic bag and throw it in the microwave for 4-7mins depending on how big it is, take it out, mash it up, throw in two scoops of protein and a little 0 cal syrup and put it in the oven for a couple minutes.
    probably about the same. i just dont know why I always here people saying sweet potato doesn't have any sodium

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20h1.html

man i wish i had gotten my hands on some of that walden farms stuff you have.. i'd be putting it on everything

probably about the same. i just dont know why I always here people saying sweet potato doesn't have any sodium

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20h1.html

man i wish i had gotten my hands on some of that walden farms stuff you have.. i'd be putting it on everything
    Man just order some from their website! Its worth it. I want to try their 0 cal Peanut butter and jelly. They only have that online though.

Team Norton 2010

Man just order some from their website! Its worth it. I want to try their 0 cal Peanut butter and jelly. They only have that online though.
    they actually have some of it here on bbing.com and i bet it's cheaper so i'll order from here.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/wa...aldenfarms.htm

Probably wont do it for a while though, I just ordered 2lbs of Frooties off ebay for the post contest carnage

they actually have some of it here on bbing.com and i bet it's cheaper so i'll order from here.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/wa...aldenfarms.htm

Probably wont do it for a while though, I just ordered 2lbs of Frooties off ebay for the post contest carnage
    Whats a frootie...?
    Do you think you'll get it in time?

Team Norton 2010

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh cmon now, you know he has to be getting a good 10-15g from the broccoli he eats.

Muahahaha
    Touche'
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hate you guys!

I just want to eat some oreos
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

Whats a frootie...?
    Do you think you'll get it in time?
    yes, 2 day shipping

Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the bbq sauce isnt very good, but the pancake syrup and chocolate syrup are a miracle.

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sean15782 View Post
    the bbq sauce isnt very good, but the pancake syrup and chocolate syrup are a miracle.
    I actually really like the BBQ sauce. Yes its kind of thin but if you marinate chicken breasts in it for a few hours I think they taste pretty good. I have not tried the syrups but I want to. I also have the blueberry jam and it is amazing mixed with oats.

yes, 2 day shipping

2lbs of those? Good lord man! I've never had them, are they your go to food or something?

Team Norton 2010

Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll vouch for Vance. They are amazing.

Think fruity tootsie rolls, now add sex and awesomeness, multiply by 400 and you have half of the awesomeness.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

"It's not who you know, it's who you blow"
    - Abraham Lincoln

Originally Posted by Rigit23 View Post
    I'll vouch for Vance. They are amazing.

Think fruity tootsie rolls, now add sex and awesomeness, multiply by 400 and you have half of the awesomeness.
    I dunno, it just seems so...insufficient.
    Like aspiring to be a McDonalds manager. If I'm going to buy 2lbs of something, its going to something really amazing like oreos or pizza or fudge.

Team Norton 2010

getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) getbig32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man ill be doin the golds classic too so i hope to see u there! i moved my show back cause of finals and such. good luck buddy you should do awesome.

I dunno, it just seems so...insufficient.
    Like aspiring to be a McDonalds manager. If I'm going to buy 2lbs of something, its going to something really amazing like oreos or pizza or fudge.
    it was only 6 bucks, and it goes with the pizza and oreos. Pizza is more than 2lbs lol

it was only 6 bucks, and it goes with the pizza and oreos. Pizza is more than 2lbs lol
    Wow! 6$ for 2lbs of candy, thats not bad. I'll probably eat my bodyweight in PB&Js.

Team Norton 2010

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast