Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Contest prep: 32 weeks out

I'm planning on competing sometime either early summer or late into my freshman year. The plan is to cut for several months, then just evaluate where I need to go as far as a bulk or cut from there. I've noticed people wait way too late and end us either loosing a large amount of muscle, come in flat, and with too much water/fat. Ergo, why I'm starting this approx. 8 months prior.

I made a post earlier on the lack of healthy food here on campus, but I have found a few outlets that are somewhat acceptable, but the majority of my food is going to be store-bought. I'm not going to be counting calories at first because well, I have no clue what my maintenance calories are because, of the food here on campus, but to give a ballpark probably 3000-4000 calories.

Over the past few months I've found myself too focused on supplements, so I've been really trying to shy away from that. So, over the past month I've only had a little whey, and pre-workout creatine a couple times. As far as weight loss supplements I'm probably going to buy Atrophex. As much as I dislike the company, from what I've looked at it seems like the best ephredra-free fat burner.

Diet:
    Breakfast:
    Two scoops of whey
    1/2cup dry oatmeal

Next meal:
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    ~8oz chicken breast

Lunch:
    Same as prior meal

Next meal:
    1 Cup cooked brown rice
    Two turkey burgers

Post-workout shake:
    Weight-gainer shake (sugars consist only of maltodextrin and dextrose)
    One scoop whey protein
    Glutamine

Pre-sleep:
    1/2scoop casein shake
    Fat free cottage cheese
    Flax seed oil

This is the plan I have, but occasionally a meal or two throughout will have to be college food either a protein bar, salad, baked chicken, or chic-fil-a baked chicken sandwich.

I will be doing cardio 3X per week, increasing the frequency, and length the closer I get to contest time. Also, I want the contest to be during the summer so that I can go 100% clean.

I will take BCAAs throughout the day either powdered or just pills. I may load on creatine, but it will be hard to tell on the scale if Im loosing weight, because I gain a good 8-10lbs of water while loading.

I plan on moving to a carb-cycling diet once I see how things go with this diet plan over the next three to four weeks.

Please leave comments, suggestions, if you know any info on NPC sanctioned contest, or anything else relating.

Thanks,
    Jordan
    www.naturalbodybuildingevents.com --------- www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com
    www.biolayne.com -------- www.3dmusclejourney.com

"I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in a maze of mediocrity. I won't give up shut up, let up, or slow up"

"In preparing elite training programs we will not underestimate the adaptive abilities of the human body"

Team Norton 2010

Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Hey Jordan, I'm glad to see you're still around. It's been a long time since we've heard from you. I hope you have some 'before' pictures and that you will show us your results. I have been very lazy in my diet lately and could use more motivation.
    Good luck. I'm sure you do well.
    I get so tired of hate groups abusing a decent word like "family."

jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey bud!
    Yeah, I remember you from awhile back. How goes it? Are you going to start getting back into it?
    I'm afraid the before pictures will be rather disappointing, due to college, but thats ok i suppose. It will just make the afters look that much better. I will be taking photos on Monday, which is when I 'officially' start although I started my dieting and cardio today. Nothing heavy, just 35 minutes on a treadmill at 3.5mph on an empty stomach.

I failed to explain why Ill be almost forced to cheat on my diet... Here at Troy U you have to buy a several hundred dollar meal plan if you live on campus. If at the end of the semester money still remains in your account *poof*! No rollover plan here, and I have to buy one next semester also, but I will be keeping the cheating to a minimum and mostly to the food I listed in my previous post.

Matmuscle:
    You said you wanted some motivation? I always watch these when I'm feeling low:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Vqy5Y18_E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EwYPG4ZBBY

I'll be getting starting weight, bodyfat percent, and pictures on Monday when I wake up.

Till then
    -Jordan

"I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in a maze of mediocrity. I won't give up shut up, let up, or slow up"

"In preparing elite training programs we will not underestimate the adaptive abilities of the human body"

Team Norton 2010

Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can empathize with you about going to school full-time causing a lack of workout time. Even at my age; I started school full-time last year after being laid-off from my job. I?ve had to stop cooking, so my diet is really crap and my workouts, when I had any, really suffered too. I recently missed over two months of working out.

Any way, I am trying to get back into the routine and do the best I can. I'll be looking to your posts for more motivation. I am sure you will do well!

btw, thanks for the video links. They helped too.

Eric

Well, I'm OCD so I went ahead and drew up some macros and a final meal plan, and by final I mean if you have suggestions feel free, lol. I've also decided to do some carb cycling as it seems to really assist fat loss.

I will be cycling as follows:
    Monday: Medium (Chest day)
    Tuesday: High (Leg day)
    Wednesday: Low if I'm just doing cardio that day, otherwise Medium
    Thursday: High (Shoulders)
    Friday: Medium (Arms)
    Saturday: Low
    Sunday: Low
    I will make my forced cheats on high carb days due to that those will be higher intensity days.

High Carb Day: P/C/F
    Breakfast:
    2 Scoops Whey blended with: 160/38/2/0
    Oatmeal: 300/10/54/6
    TOTAL: 460/48/56/6

Pre-Lunch:
    4oz chicken breast: 100/27/0/4
    1 cup brown rice: 216/5/45/2
    TOTAL: 316/32/45/6

Lunch:
    TOTAL: 316/32/45/6

Pre-Workout:
    Two turkey patties: 320/38/0/18
    TOTAL: 536/43/45/20

Post Workout Shake:
    Weight Shake: 496/28/76/10
    Whey protein 80/19/1/0
    TOTALS: 576/47/77/10

Pre-Sleep:
    1/2cup cottage cheese: 82/14/3/1
    1/2 scoop casein: 60/12/2/.5
    TOTALS: 142/16/5/1.5

Day Totals: 2346/218/273/49.5

Medium Carb Day: P/C/F
    Breakfast:
    2 Scoops Whey blended with: 160/38/2/0
    Oatmeal: 150/5/27/3
    TOTAL: 310/43/29/3

Pre-Lunch:
    1 cup brown rice: 108/2.5/22.5/1
    TOTAL: 208/29.5/22.5/5

Pre-Lunch:
    TOTAL: 208/29.5/22.5/5

Pre-Workout:
    Two turkey patties: 320/38/0/18
    TOTAL: 428/40.5/22.5/19

Post Workout Shake:
    Weight Shake: 248/14/38/5
    Whey protein 160/38/2/0
    TOTALS: 408/52/40/5

Pre-Sleep:
    1/2cup cottage cheese: 82/14/3/1
    1/2 scoop casein: 60/12/2/.5
    TOTALS: 142/16/5/1.5

Day Totals: 1704/210.5/146/37.5

For low carb days I won't write it out, but Ill be cutting out most protein powder, eating only solid foods, and try to keep it under 10 carbs. I realize the numbers look low, but I left my Flax seed oil at home, so that will raise the calories somewhat. I will eat most of my Flax seed oil pre-sleep because those calories drop off too much in that last meal.

Team Norton 2010

Oh my gosh,
    I didn't realize how far gone I was... I'm in all seriousness embarrassed/ ashamed to post these...

Morning weight: 236
    I've done 45 minutes of low impact cardio, speed varied from 3.5-5mph then 7 for the last 3 minutes.

Team Norton 2010

beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Jordan, HUGE ARMS!!! How tall are you? Looks like you have a nice solid base to work with next year. Your macro breakdown looks good, LI cardio sounds like a good option. Good luck getting set to compete next year.
    The guy standing on top of the mountain did not fall there.

Thumbs up

Don't worry; you look fine. Wish I could have arms like those. How big are they? It's not where you start that matters, it's where you finish.

1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1SIKALTI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bro 32 week out is a long time i am 25 weeks out myself just make sure you have fun

and dont lose to fast
    MAR 05 320 LBS

AUG 05 226.5 LBS

GOAL DEC 05 200LBS

1 week away
    currently 175.5 lbs

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow bro, dont be embarrassed, your size is INCREDIBLE. Yea your bf % is a little high right now, but you still have an unreal amount of muscle.

As for my opinion... From the pics your arms are unstoppable, so you probably dont need to train them too often because you want to make sure your symmetry and proportion are good.

Also I think it is smart that you are starting early. All I have to say is that if you stick with it and go 100% for these 32 weeks I would not want to be on the same stage as you because you would just dwarf me.

get ready for a journey of a lifetime

Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey man! I'm also glad to see you're still around. I've always wondered if you were still at it. You probably have the thickest build I've seen for your age. You still have that size, just added a little fat. You'll be back in no time.
    "It's no fun if you're not freaky!" -KhanPaulsen

I still get a little sick to my stomach looking at those...
    Kicked off the diet great, the meals are yummy, and its a nice change from doing the force-feed during a bulk.

@beniger
    Im 5'9, and my arms I believe are 18 1/2.

@Matmuscle
    Thanks bud, its a looong way away though...

@Tigerstealth
    Have you done competitions before?

@Mestizo
    Yeah thanks bud, it just makes me mad at myself letting myself go for so long. I looked like this prior to coming to college...

But! I'm not complaining, I have a long time to prepare, and I like a challenge.

Thanks,
    Jordan

Team Norton 2010

Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, you look bigger in the last pics you posted in the gallery. I think you said you were planning to cut down for the wrestling season. What was your biggest stats and weight? Your're just like me....one big block of muscle.

Quick question for anyone who has competed before or is close to:
    Do you put cinnamon or pumpkin spice on your oatmeal/rice or just eat it plain and dry? I've been adding various spices and herbs, and some sugar-free honey on some food to liven it up. All of these are no-calorie, no-sugar, aside from the honey which is 50 calories per tablespoon... This early out, should I be eating everything plain and dry? Or will adding things like this to my food not really hinder me?

And on a side note:
    It has felt great to be taking in almost 100% slow digesting carbs. I'm so much stronger in the gym, and I'm getting insane pumps. I had almost forgotten how dramatically better workouts are on a clean diet...

Team Norton 2010

[QUOTE=jth16;91652053] Or will adding things like this to my food not really hinder me?
    QUOTE]

I'll go ahead and answer since no one has yet.

No, things like that should not hinder you in any way.

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great size,if you do a well done cut,you will be a tank in some weeks...

Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wow you made great progess already, I agree you will be a little powerhouse in a few weeks.
    "You Must Show No Mercy..Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you.. For your greatness will silence them all"

Instagram @allbusinessfitness

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeRichBuffalo

Thanks for the comments fellas, Ill post my 31 week weight tomorrow morning.

@Jrich I've actually been reading a lot of your log for motivation, you looked awesome at the competition.

@Mestizo thanks for the info bud.

A few more questions...
    When I get to the point when I need to start lowering my carbs, instead of lowering the actual quantity of carbs per meal, should I just start removing carbs completely from, maybe one meal, per four weeks, until I get to the point where I'm only eating carbs upon waking, pre-workout, and post workout?

Also, I got some natural peanut butter that has flax seed and egg whites in it. How should I work that into my diet? I was thinking of having it on my low carb days so there is like a 400-500 calorie drop-off.

Thanks for any advice,
    Jordan

EDIT: Oh and rich, were you serious about having cheerios on a cut O_o??

Team Norton 2010

jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jannek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good luck bro looking beastly

The STFU crew is all about stopping bull****s and the people behind those bull****s!

Have something positive to contribute? Then go ahead.

Have something useless to contribute? Then STFU!!!

Diet is going great, the weight is coming off, although I had some crazy numbers at first. I weighed myself after two low-carb days so the scale said I had dropped near 6lbs, which I know is entirely wrong... But I reweighed the next day, and got a more believable number.
    I'm already noticing differences in my physique. I must have been holding a ton of water in those first photos. I will be posting progress pictures either every 4 weeks or 6, just depending on overall progress.
    I had several unanswered questions up a little, if any experienced natural bodybuilders would check out my diet, and throw me some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Jordan

Team Norton 2010

BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BobbyLite is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this will get you pumped
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdsA-TkpZuY

keep it up!
    next thing I know microwave explode!!!!!!!!! I was scared out mind!!!!!

Please tell me you were kidding, haha. That was some obvious synthol usage there...Good for a laugh though

Team Norton 2010

Still alive...

I forgot to take my weight this morning. So, I'll get it tomorrow morning. I'm still doing great, I've only cheated once. The upper part of my obliques and abs are beginning to come in, and veins are beginning to emerge in my shoulders, arms, forearms, and chest. I'll probably post progress pictures at the beggining of week 4.
    I may change my diet up soon as I feel I'm becoming accustom to it. So, I'll be dropping out one of my carbohydrate servings. I'll make that change next Monday.

Team Norton 2010

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good to hear you're doing well, look forward to pics
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

Morning weight was 220.8, I'm pretty sure that at least a few ounces of that is water due to that I had two low carb days. So, I'll weigh again tomorrow morning, and see if there is a huge difference or not. Either way, I'm very happy. At my peak I was at 236 about a month ago or so.
    My goal is 206-208 by '08. Thats 2lbs per week from now till then.
    Last edited by jth16; 11-13-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Team Norton 2010

Didn't post yesterday, but I had a medium carb day and the following morning I still weighed exactly 220.8 so I'm extatic about that. I'm not feeling hungry like I was during the previous weeks so I'll be dropping the calories next week. I'm seeing tiny improvements each week. I finally have some veins when I'm not pumped, a little upper/lower pec separation.

Team Norton 2010

Week 3 Update:

Kinda as a I had thought, I need to lower my total calories and carbs, I only dropped a pound this week, but I'm not disappointed. Because, I feel like over the past three weeks I've also added a little muscle mass and density. Especially to my legs. I've trained them like mad, and its definitely showing.
    Next week is progress pictures week...

-Jordan

Team Norton 2010

Sounds like you're progressing at a good pace.

Hey...I saw in another thread that you once had a posing video on YouTube or something. Does it still exist?

Самый крутой модулятор B.O.L.A.'s Avatar
    B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WOW. You've really made progress, Jordan! And still, what- 6+ months left? Nice job, keep it up.
    BMBC

"The State is a gang of thieves writ large." - Murray N. Rothbard

Originally Posted by Mestizo View Post
    Sounds like you're progressing at a good pace.

Hey...I saw in another thread that you once had a posing video on YouTube or something. Does it still exist?
    Thanks for the compliments guys.

@Mestizo:
    Haha, yeah I made one about a year and two months ago. Its some pretty crap posing. I just made it to see what I looked like while in motion instead of still pictures...
    please don't make me link to it...

Team Norton 2010