Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Heeey View Post
    yes exactly he addressed it -that s why he is now the darling of the white man
    So you think we should still blame the white man? To what extent can one culture or race blame another after all protections of the law have been extended to that race? If you continue to blame someone else then it seems like that group of people will always have that excuse to justify actions that have very real consequences. These consequences, Cosby points out, manifest themselves in the job market, etc.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rmulax19 View Post

Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton...two of the most prominent members of the black community, both of whom are on a blind anti-white crusade. Case in point, the Duke lacrosse rape allegations.
    LOL prominent my ass. PLEASE, for my sake, don't think everything they say represents all blacks!
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by XBlasphemyX View Post
    ARe you black? Your'e racist against whites.

i m not black

Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Johnny USA View Post
    He did the same thing to me in another thread. I basically said that if you go to War you go to win or you don't go at all, and mentioned you listen to your Generals and not the politicians and lock out the press.

He then went on to say I advocated genocide and all kinds of other nonsense.

Everyone, please report him. Looks like in this thread he's breaking rules left and right, anyway.

aren t you supposed to be ignoring me fool? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH

deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000)
    You know what...I agree fully with everything he is saying...and I think it's a good thing. Personally, I think it's on a 'personal level' from a black to blacks (no prejudice) and as a white person, certainly wouldn't run around telling black people what is wrong with their 'culture' -- but it is good to see a well-educated, probably respected member of the black community telling it like it is. It's for the better, and hopefully something can be changed.

skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by banu_okasha View Post
    I think he is right about some things.

But he is also a little insecure it seems.

people should be able to name their children whatever they wish.
    i dont think that was the point, kids have these names because of "African pride" and they are not africans, they want to live in the past when the continent of Africa was advanced, instead they need to look towards the future, im sure cosby doesnt give a **** what peopes names are

Originally Posted by skinnycalves View Post
    i dont think that was the point, kids have these names because of "African pride" and they are not africans, they want to live in the past when the continent of Africa was advanced, instead they need to look towards the future, im sure cosby doesnt give a **** what peopes names are

white people in america have european names why are you any more european than they are african? most white people will be very threatened by black people who identify themselves as african even though said white people will identify themselves as being part of whatever european nation they came form. it s like they don t want black people to have any identity because it threatens their own fragile sense of identity to know others come form somewhere have pride.

who are you to tell anyone who they are and how to define themselves? can I tell you you’re not irish, german, or whatever you call yourself? you must be pretty full of yourself.
    Last edited by Heeey; 10-26-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

i meant you wouldn t know because they don t do it publically fool
    Good Bye BVAV!!

Strong Assed Cawk Crew TheJuicedchase's Avatar
    TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000)
    can I tell you you?re not irish, german, or whatever you call yourself? you must be pretty full of yourself.

Actually you can tell me that. I was born in America and I am an American. Probably like you.

There's nothing more I hate than reading girls pages on myspace, "Well, I'm turkanese, californian, part alaskan, part south african, west german, and part cat (because of my eyes lulz!" STFU, you're American.
    "I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Professor Bernardo de la Paz

"All restraints upon man's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree. - Lysander Spooner"

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
    Good Bye BVAV!!
    What are the rules about gloating in a situation like this?

Ah, screw it... BWHAHAHAHAHA!
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000) bearfan34201 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Black people shouldnt have been blaming whites for the past 30 years.

banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skinnycalves View Post
    I disagree, they are definently not Europeans to be taking European names like Mike, Josh, Mark ect. Although it is still up to them.

The white Europeans brought with them European names, shouldn't the blacks be able to bring African names?

Kind of like a revival.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bearfan34201 View Post
    Black people shouldnt have been blaming whites for the past 30 years.
    Only a tiny fraction do.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't feel like expanding at this point, because I have to go to work and I'm about exhausted of political discourse.

But Malcolm X would have called Bill Cosby a "house negroe", and rightly so.
    "There are forty million poor people...why are there forty million poor people in America? And when...you ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question you begin to question the capitalistic economy."

"We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. But one day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."

Martin Luther King Jr.

Originally Posted by GrassAndRocks View Post
    And MLK would have agreed with him (Coz).

- Arthur Schopenhauer

banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50) banu_okasha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't feel like expanding at this point, because I have to go to work and I'm about exhausted of political discourse.

Malcolm X was a bad ass, I loved his autobiography, very well written.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by banu_okasha View Post
    I disagree, they are definently not Europeans to be taking European names like Mike, Josh, Mark ect. Although it is still up to them.

The white Europeans brought with them European names, shouldn't the blacks be able to bring African names?

Kind of like a revival.
    I do agree with that, although my name is more English than anything but w/e.

Before or after converting to a Sunni Muslim? I'm currently reading his Autobiography now.

IMHO Malcolm AND MLK would have agreed w/ Bill Cosby (somewhat).
    Last edited by sword_; 10-26-2007 at 12:02 PM.

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

An experiment in equality

Bill Cosby in not a politician nor is he a civil rights leader, he is a comedian...and a very rich one at that. He doesn't represent me, nor anyone I know, rather,his is just one voice out of 30 million. If he wants to help black people let him use his money to start an industry (not owned by whites) that every one, regardless of color, can compete at equally.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    Bill Cosby in not a politician nor is he a civil rights leader, he is a comedian...and a very rich one at that. He doesn't represent me, nor anyone I know, rather,his is just one voice out of 30 million. If he wants to help black people let him use his money to start an industry (not owned by whites) that every one, regardless of color, can compete at equally.
    Do you not agree with what he was saying?
    "The Bible is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."

Misc zombie survival BRAVO Squad: Kicking ass and chewing bubble gum and I'm all out of gum.

lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
    Good Bye BVAV!!
    ahahahhahaha .

edit : quoted wrong person .
    Last edited by lanzo; 10-26-2007 at 12:22 PM.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Schopenhauer

Ron Paul 2008!

Reps: de silva ,ChristianBBer ,AzWeightLifter,Schadenfreude.

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    who are you to tell anyone who they are and how to define themselves?
    LMAO. Classic BVAV. owned.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    People do have a right to speak whatever dialect and however they want. If two people can understand each other, then that dialect or language is viable and valid.

Having said that, you speak to your audience. A new lawyer, appearing in court for the first time better not be speaking a non-standard dialect to the judge. An interviewee for a job better be able to speak the same dialect as the interviewer and prospective coworkers.

A Neapolitan will not get very far in Italian business or politics in Rome or Florence, speaking Napolitano. Napolitano is a valid dialect in southern Italy, but it's not the language of business or politics.

Capisci?
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by J-Bol View Post
    Do you not agree with what he was saying?
    If that is your attempt at ask me if I blame whites?...the answer would be no. However, I do believe Mr Cosby tends to grossly over simplify the point--as there are a lot of historic events that have given rise to whites as a superior group, and as a group that have taken advantage of many social and economic inequalities that still exist today. In my view, that's something that can be ignored.

In this country, blacks were introduced as a "second" class group. After four centuries of this, that type of treatment--and brain washing--does not disappear overnight.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If that is your attempt at ask me if I blame whites?...the answer would be no. However, I do believe Mr Cosby tends to grossly over simplify the point--as there are a lot of historic events that have given rise to whites as a superior group, and as a group that have taken advantage of many social and economic inequalities. In this country, blacks were introduced as a "second" class group. After four centuries of this, that type of treatment--and brain washing--does not disappear overnight.
    I'm asking if you think that blacks should hold themselves to a higher standard. Like, learning proper English, getting away from hip hop thuggery (not necessarily hip hop), and things like that.

IMO, if the "black" culture was revived with proper education and less 50 Cent role models, it would be a lot more effective and would be widely accepted.

Misc zombie survival BRAVO Squad: Kicking ass and chewing bubble gum and I'm all out of gum.

Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000)
    However, I do believe Mr Cosby tends to grossly over simplify the point--as there are a lot of historic events that have given rise to whites as a superior group, and as a group that have taken advantage of many social and economic inequalities that still exist today. In my view, that's something that can be ignored.
    Well, my take is that he is saying yea that was a reason why blacks were in that situation, however, today that reason is no longer sufficient. The reason now is the culture that black youths immerse themselves. That's just how I read it anyway.

Originally Posted by J-Bol View Post
    I'm asking if you think that blacks should hold themselves to a higher standard. Like, learning proper English,
    By proper english you mean the Queens english, right?

IMO, if the "black" culture was revived with proper education and less 50 Cent role models, it would be a lot more effective and would be widely accepted.
    Hmm, sounds like you're saying if blacks were more like you? I think you ethnocentric ideals are showing.
    Originally Posted by Guard_Pass View Post
    Well, my take is that he is saying yea that was a reason why blacks were in that situation, however, today that reason is no longer sufficient. The reason now is the culture that black youths immerse themselves. That's just how I read it anyway.
    I know what he's saying; read my post again
    Last edited by KRANE; 10-26-2007 at 12:51 PM.
    🎥

LMAO hip-hop thuggery.

There ARE in fact positive hip-hop role models. Thing is with the culture it has been someone too commercialized to the extent that it is just a form of entertainment more than anything now rather than social commentary. That's why you have the 50 Cents and all selling because violence sells as entertainment.

Also whites are the ones who consume it. I like how on these boards that when rappers do something positive they talk about how 'un gangsta' he is yet label all blacks as thugs

Anyways I think if more blacks were given an opportunity to get education in quality school systems then there will be more opportunities for them.

"Without education, you are going nowhere in this world." -Malcolm X

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty bad analogy... no one in the US speaks the Queen's English. That dialect is called Received Pronunciation and is a prestigious dialect of British English. Think Patrick Stewart.

Btw, there is no such thing as 'proper English'. Who's dialect is 'proper', and what agency regulates and standardizes the language? Spain and France have academic agencies that lay out the standards for those respective languages; 'proper' Italian is based on Roman/Tuscan. Etc., etc. etc.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

I mean the English that is taught in schools and is accepted by businesses and the global community.

Hmm, sounds like you're saying if blacks were more like you? I think you ethnocentric ideals are showing
    No, I'm saying if kids in the streets stopped trying to mimic 50 Cent and started learning from professional blacks in the business world, they would get farther in life than believing all they can do is sling rock and rap.

Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    LMAO hip-hop thuggery.

There ARE in fact positive hip-hop role models. Thing is with the culture it has been someone too commercialized to the extent that it is just a form of entertainment more than anything now rather than social commentary. That's why you have the 50 Cents and all selling because violence sells as entertainment.

Also whites are the ones who consume it. I like how on these boards that when rappers do something positive they talk about how 'un gangsta' he is yet label all blacks as thugs

Anyways I think if more blacks were given an opportunity to get education in quality school systems then there will be more opportunities for them.

"Without education, you are going nowhere in this world." -Malcolm X
    I love hip hop. I don't like the "thuggery" in it. I know there's positive hip hop models. But who gets more air time? 50 Cent or KRS-One? Who do you think gets more recognition in projects? Someone that came from slinging rock to getting shot and then got a multi-million dollar contract or someone that worked hard for grades, went to college, and now has a steady paying job that can raise a family?
    Last edited by J-Bol; 10-26-2007 at 12:59 PM.