samwise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question 14 Year Old Who Wants to Build Muscle

I am very new to bodybuilding, and I want to build SOME muscle on my body (but not go full-out), just so it is noticeable. For those experts on this board, what is some advice that you have for working out at my age? How often and how many sets/reps, what kind of excercises can I do without access to machines at a gym, etc..??? If it's useful for how much weight I need to use, I am 115 lbs. Again, I don't want to go full-out, but just so that the muscle is noticeable. Thanks!

popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Get a barbell.

2. Squat

3. Deadlift

4. Bench Press

5. Eat

jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do you honestly think that if you did go 'full out' you would turn into king kong over night?

theres no way that you will gain muscle SO fast that you wont have control over how much you gain. the guys you see that look really really huge have put years of lifting, eating, and steroids into those physiques, its not going to just happen to you so dont worry about it.

see above post as well.

No, I didn't think I'd gain it over night or even that fast. I understand that it takes time. I'm just saying I don't want to look like "King Kong", as you put it. But, since you mentioned time, how long DOES it take (on average) for muscles to grow, based on the second post?

yellow fever legit check Bombers's Avatar
    Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by samwise
    No, I didn't think I'd gain it over night or even that fast. I understand that it takes time. I'm just saying I don't want to look like "King Kong", as you put it. But, since you mentioned time, how long DOES it take (on average) for muscles to grow, based on the second post?
    Unless you have the genetics, you probably won't look like king kong even going "all out". Your muscle growth depends on how good your genetics are. You'll probably see some good gains though in the first couple months.

Based off my weight in my very first post, how much weight should I be lifting when I work out?

swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) swfx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

As much

as much weight as you can lift for 6-10 reps.
    Check out and support my bodybuilding blog. Contains my workout log, as well as daily lifting, nutrition, and supplementation tips:

www.swfxx.com

Location: The United States of America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, Land of Opportunity, Canada's Daddy, Best Country in the World, AMERICA, **** YEAH! Coming to Save the Mother****ing Day YEAH!
    SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SULLYSIZED has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I went from....a pussy, 3 months later to the 2nd most muscular person in my grade.
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man"

"Loser whine about their best, winners go home and **** the prom queen"

Sometimes it gets hard being the man.

jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    then you have a really crappy grade. (not a knock at you)

Matt Ross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt Ross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt Ross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt Ross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt Ross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt Ross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt Ross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt Ross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lift a lot, eat right, muscle will come, dont worry about it

Sonic2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have to go all out, thats the difference between ripping those muscles up and having them grow bigger or just feeling a little sore after and lifting the same amount of weight over and over again.

You need to eat, I'm telling you this right now, 14 at 115, start bulking, preferably clean bulking but you can dirty bulk if you want, I don't think it'd hurt you too much at your age.

You'll get muscular but nothing like the pros you see in magazines, not anytime soon anyway and probably never.

Registered User Street_Paranoia's Avatar
    Street_Paranoia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SULLYSIZED
    I went from....a pussy, 3 months later to the 2nd most muscular person in my grade.
    LoL.. Same Here ..Exactally the Same, Actually!

Just take popeye_99's workouts into concideration,
    Watch out for Patty Melts and other bad foods,
    And try taking longer rests in-between sets...
    Heavy, Middleweight Boxer
    Bench Press: 210 pounds
    Leg Press: 480 pounds
    Deadlift: 260 pounds
    Weight: 152 pounds

Vincent124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincent124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincent124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincent124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincent124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincent124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Sonic2007
    You have to go all out, thats the difference between ripping those muscles up and having them grow bigger or just feeling a little sore after and lifting the same amount of weight over and over again.

You need to eat, I'm telling you this right now, 14 at 115, start bulking, preferably clean bulking but you can dirty bulk if you want, I don't think it'd hurt you too much at your age.

You'll get muscular but nothing like the pros you see in magazines, not anytime soon anyway and probably never.
    If I hear one more of you asshats say "dirty bulk" I'm going to eat you. Not just the one saying it, but all of you. I will eat the entire teen population of this site. The protein will suck because most of you guys are "cutting" for the summer and look like twigs, but I'm sure the calories will be decent.

MagGoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, you will expect results depending on genetics, or what your using. Creatine, you will get exelent results, protein, you will too. Oh and dont start off with creatine, use protein, 3 servings a day (that's what I use)

When you wake up

After workout

Before bed

Protein you should concider using:

100% Whey Protein (Chocolate)
    Anabolic Muscle (Chocholate)

Oh yeah, if you really want to actually build muscle, you need to go full out, but don't strain yourself the first time at the gym. AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SPOTTER. If you're lifting a heavy weight, make sure theres somone behind you if you can't lift it.

also KEEP A GOOD MEAL ROUTINE! you want to eat around 2500calories a day. They do have some routines in this forum, so look around you'll find somthing.

Good luck with building!

I know I seem really light based of my weight compared to age. I'm 14 and only 115 pounds. I eat all the time, but never gain any weight....which is odd. Will lifting weights while eating more help this?

KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500)
    PM me

you dont eat nearly as much as you think you do, trust me. track your calories from everything and ill bet your not getting many at all. up your cals to 3k a day.

MagGoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, jack is right, you think you eat ****loads, but you probably don't. Protein does make you gain weight too.
    Height: 5'7
    Original weight: 135
    Weight now: 140
    Goal: 5'10 at 200
    Stats:

Bench:155
    arm curls: 130
    Flys: 100(ewwy)
    power clean: 210