the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK ONE HUNDRED-ONE :: How Can You Convince Someone You Want To Be A Bodybuilder?

------------------------------------------------------------
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of each TOTW article) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: How Can You Convince Someone That You Want To Become A Bodybuilder?

For the week of: November 8th - November 14th
    Tuesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bodybuilding is a great sport, but it is not always the most socially acceptable sport of all. So convincing someone that you want to become a bodybuilder is not always easy. Unfortunately, many people associate bodybuilding with freaky large muscles and steroids. You must convince them that dedicating your life to eating healthy and working out regularly, gaining large amounts of muscle and cutting lots of fat, competing in shows, etc., are all good things.

How can you convince someone that you want to become a bodybuilder?

Who would be the hardest person to convince; friends, family, girlfriend/wife, etc.?

Have you ever had to convince someone that you wanted to become a bodybuilder? How did it go over?

Have you ever tried to gain the support from someone about bodybuilding, but they just didn’t agree with the lifestyle?

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Will
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great topic =)
    We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.

-Arnold

RUTHLESS AFFECTION!!!! no_strain_no_ga's Avatar
    no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000)

Totw 101

This is a really good topic, because this is something I had to do when starting out. It was really hard trying to convince everyone that there was nothing to worry about. But when they finally realized that what I was telling them about was right, they were pretty convinced. So, here is some steps that you can do to convince anyone that you are trying to convince that Bodybuilding is nothing to worry about.

Methods:
    -Research. If you do some research and show them all the positives about bodybuilding they might be convince. Watch out for the counter attacks with a bunch of negatives. Think of anyway they can prove that bodybuilding is bad with better response. Most use the myths of stunting growth and all that, so prove them wrong.

-Make a story. Not a novel story you stupid, make up a story about it. EX: If they say no, tell them that if bodybuilding isn't allowed, I'll become a obese pig. Tell them that if eating healthy and living a strong life isn't what they want you to have, tell them that you'll gain 85 lbs in 3 months and die about 7 years later of heart failure. Not that I said that to my parents

-Bribe them. Tell them that if they allow you to bodybuild, you'll do something good back. Everyone likes a bribe, because they get something out of it too. Don't go too over the top, like promising that you'll buy them a new car, but something that they'll be reasonable to say "yes" to. Also, tell them that you'll buy your own supps and food and everything else you need. This sweeps them off their feet.

Who would be the hardest person to convince; friends, family, girlfriend/wife, etc.?

I believe the hardest would be the family, that being teenagers. Mostly they are over protective. Coming up with everyway that this is a bad idea, even if they are stupid. You ask and they say "no". You ask again and same reponse. You ask why and they tell you that to arger with them, the basic parent talk.Then they think they know everything about when they barely know 5% of the topic you are talking about. Then they bring is some "major" reason why you can't. Money, School, or whatever else parents can pull out on you. It takes the longest and hardest to budge them to allowing you, but it will eventually pay off, for the most part.

Girlfriend/Wife has to be #2. Although they know that you love them and all, they certainly cannot let go. If you tell them that you are going to bodybuild, they'll use the common quote "you won't have enough time to love me". Then you'll get frequent calls asking where are you and when you are comong home. Sometimes, you'll get the "You're probably with another girl" call. Then it will sometimelead to the "If you don't stop it, I'll just leave you". All this ccan be settles if you just schedule it out. Find the perfect date that is fine with her and take that day to workout earlier or later. Give her some some love.

Friends will be #3. I don' know what would make friends uncomfortable with their friend bodybuilding. They have nothing to worry about. It isn't like they are connected to the hip with you. If any of your frinds tells you that they think that bodybuilding isn't a good idea, just tell them that it is your choice and you are sticking with it. Never allow friends getting in the way of you.

Have you ever had to convince someone that you wanted to become a bodybuilder? How did it go over?

For me, it was the parents. They thought that the whole idea of bodybuilding would be a bad idea. Saying that I would be too focus in that and not focused enough about schoool and after school programs. Also saying that this might go too far and I'l end up using steroids. I promised that none of this will happen. I told them that I know that affects from steroids and will never be stupid anough to take such a risk. Also telling them that if they allow me, I'll get A's and B's. Then I went on telling them that they wouldn't have to worry about buying me supps or food and that I had it all handled. They almost budged, but then said that I wasn't allowed still. So I told them the story how that if I wasn't allowed to live well-balanced life, I'll just become a couch potato and just eat and eat and eat. They thought about and finally came through on allowing me to bodybuild. They were even kind enough to buy my equipement. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Have you ever tried to gain the support from someone about bodybuilding, but they just didn’t agree with the lifestyle?

The closest I came to this was with my parents. With the almost everyday working out and numerous supps I took, they looked at it and said it wasn't right that I was doing them. I asked them what wasn't right and they told me everything that I was doing. I told them that I wan't having any trouble working out everyday and I am careful when using the supps and know what I am doing. They said okay and it was all through, I won.

Thanks,
    Mike Kramer
    Last edited by no_strain_no_ga; 11-08-2006 at 08:32 PM.
    I Rep Back!

Owe:

Recharge:
    jbodybuilder, nickrut

Owe Me:

Negs:
    Lecter(4 lyfe)

countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) countduckular has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Great topic- well here goes!

Here's a few suggestions;
    1) Buy loads of supplements -seems to work for everyone else
    2) Buy a weight belt even if your built like the guy from the Mr Muscle advert and then wear said weight belt whilst only doing every exercise in the gym that under no circumstance would you ever need a weight belt for. (this one seems popular at my local gym)
    3) Talk about what you did today in the gym a lot (this helps if you didnt just go to chat up the pretty girl behind the counter whilst having a coffee in the cafe)
    4) Buy every issue of mens health / fitness etc going and make sure the people you are trying to convince see you reading it all the time.
    5) Make sure everyone around you knows how much your aching from the gym the day before, mention things like ahh my calfs feel sooo tight at the moment etc.
    6) Tell everyone you've joined the best website in the world.... bodybuilding.com
    ---that should do it.
    The future lies in the eyes
    Of those that choose to see
    Not those content with being
    But with what they can yet be!

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

hello :)

TOPIC: How Can You Convince Someone That You Want To Become A Bodybuilder?

Bodybuilding is a great sport, but it is not always the most socially acceptable sport of all. So convincing someone that you want to become a bodybuilder is not always easy. Unfortunately, many people associate bodybuilding with freaky large muscles and steroids. You must convince them that dedicating your life to eating healthy and working out regularly, gaining large amounts of muscle and cutting lots of fat, competing in shows, etc., are all good things.

In terms of trying to bring people to accepting my lifestyle, I have used the following method effectively. First allow the person concerned to voice their opinion. Let them talk about any mis-conceptions or scattered knowledge that they may have. After they are finished, then only should you clear up their mixed and confused thoughts or feelings. You must do this in an outward and non aggressive way. Bodybuilding is a healthy, feel-good, endorphin induced rush of energetic sensations. Do not come across as if it is an escapist part of you trying to run away from stress etc. That is not healthy or enjoyable for either party.
    Talk to them about how you see the “big picture of life”. I myself see this as follows: We all end up in the dirt some day, it is what we make of ourselves during this life that counts, so I say, why not extend your limits and push your current state of being to greater heights with physical development. There is always a massive amount of pride when one completes a great task or project. Bodybuilding is no different. It is however a life long project.

Bodybuilding is something which requires visualization and planning. We need to convince the person concerned that bodybuilding also lends itself well to other areas of life, which helps you to focus more effectively and reap the rewards easier. This is because you see constant results in the gym and on your physique; you will tackle tasks with a greater efficacy. The greatest control one can have is over oneself. It is important to measure one’s progress with oneself, and to not compare with others constantly. The objective is to strive to be better.
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

hello :)

Firstly, you have to make peace with yourself, and to try to clarify in your own mind why you wish to embark in this endeavor to improve yourself, and to make sure your intentions are clear and noble. The stereotypes of bodybuilders need not be proven by those who are outsiders looking in on the “violent egotistical meatheads” who sadly undoubtedly come into this great lifestyle. Let us look within ourselves, and then better a part of One-self everyday whether it be physically, sociably or mentally. Bodybuilding is a mind altering sport. The discipline needed, and pure consistent drive is quintessential to your own deserved success.

The first person to convince and make peace with is yourself, as we discussed. Secondly talking with family will definitely ease any tensions that may arise. If a broad overview of why you are so fanatical about building your physique into a perfect sculpture is discussed, there will as a result be a general increase in health and outlook for all involved. When you have those who love you bringing confidence to your greatest desire, will you have a greater chance of success. Supportive families always bring success.
    The situations presented for consideration would change who would be the hardest to convince. In my situation I will give an example. As a young man I was overweight and suffered from a deep depressive state.
    This was partly due to the way I looked. I was teased, and therefore lashed out at others and at myself. However the turning point for me was when I joined in high school rugby. This then changed my outlook on fitness and health. This means that my parents have been supportive from day one, and have been extremely giving in my new lifestyle.

I have therefore grown in determination and overall state of well-being.

I would then think that the harder people to talk to were my friends and fellow scholars who were generally negative towards the thought of my new found life; they were the hardest to convince and to make peace with. I believe it is because they thought I was doing it for egotistical reasons. This however could not be further from the truth. I only do this to lead a more fulfilling life.
    However it was only difficult at the beginning. At this stage, my peer group and I have been friends for four years. We all accept and respect what the other is doing, and mostly encourage, or talk positively to one another about whatever we are all trying to achieve. This was only made possible by honest communication between us. Right now it seems that the guys, who I am surrounded by everyday at school, always uplift my overall feeling of self-worth. In return I accept them for who they are and try make their day a brighter one.
    For me then I was lucky to have been surrounded by positive people. Yes there were always nay-Sayers, but they are drowned out by the camaraderie of everyone else.

Girls are definitely the easiest to have acknowledged and accept what you are doing! Nearly every girl wants a well muscled and chiseled physique to wrap themselves around. I have personally had no problems with girls who I have had relations with. In fact a built body will make you more attractive, and will help you to be more outgoing and confident, which girls want in a man. To be walking around in the public eye, standing tall, and then seeing girls glancing over at you for an extended time because of how you look, is the greatest motivation.

I think it is who you surround yourself with, and how you present yourself, is how people will perceive your new found lifestyle. If you are arrogant and cocky, people will say that you are egotistical and self-centered. However if you are friendly and can laugh at yourself about what you are doing, while still making sure everyone knows you are serious, is paramount to your continued success. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger himself says “I have the ability to stand back and think about what I am doing; realizing that I am trying to build myself to be the biggest and most built man in the world - it is funny”. If one of the most impressive bodybuilders in history can laugh at himself then you can too.
    Last edited by Dallas68; 11-13-2006 at 12:51 PM.
    going full blast!

I remember having a conversation with my cousin’s husband at a family gathering. I am nearly a year away from finishing school, and I am of course looking at the various avenues’ relating to health and wellness as a career. I also discussed my enthusiasm to become a competing bodybuilder in the near future.
    He went straight to the steroid’s issue, because that is a prevalent factor in today’s muscle building world. He said he does not agree with that part of the process. I responded by saying that there are natural bodybuilding organizations that disallow drugs, and therefore it is not an essential part of being healthy, and building muscle. There are organizations that are much more hardcore, and that make use of steroids, and can therefore see drastic differences in size. What I did mean by this is that it is the individual’s choice, and that we as a society would never have come to know such perfect musculature and aesthetic appeal in a human being if all drugs were disallowed.
    I do not agree with abuse of the drugs, or for that matter any abuse of this great sport. I left it at that with him, although I told him that I express a deep desire to be as large and perfectly crafted as those bodybuilders of past and present are. He is family, and I know he is looking out for my best interests, even if he may not be the most knowledgeable person about the subject.
    These conversations occur very rapidly, and happen without me truly grasping what the person is trying to say, so one must remember to think before they speak, so that the next time you speak with someone, you can help bring them to accept and acknowledge your point of view.
    It is therefore important to clarify in your own mind how you feel about these controversial issues.

Yes I have.
    My brothers are very critical of the sport, although they both want to be fit and healthy. I have been patient in explaining my reasons for wanting to be big, and they are slowly learning to accept my reasons and wishes.
    I believe that one should not be too distressed if someone vehemently disagrees with what you are doing initially. It is important to be secure in your choice, even if it does not coincide with the other person’s point of view.
    We have a right to be individuals, and therefore will have different goals to fulfill in life. It is important to keep an open mind at all times, as there are always new things to learn. Everyone’s point of view is important, and it is essential for everyone to be able to express their opinion without being bullied into accepting the other person’s point of view.
    going full blast!

(((())))-------(((()))) Alex B.'s Avatar
    Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000) Alex B. is just really nice. (+1000)
    here you go ...
    Vote for me bro

https://featured.muscleandfitness.com/2021/alex-2

lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lionelxxl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

here's mine!

Totw 101
    Attached Files
    There are always two choices. Two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy - Anonymous

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Little different perspective

Convince Someone You Want To Be A Bodybuilder?

This appears to be a topic geared towards the younger crowd; however, I believe the perspective of a parent could help. I’ll talk a bit about what I would want to know as a parent if my son or daughter wanted to be a bodybuilder.

For a start, what are we trying to do? American Heritage lists convince as a verb meaning “To bring by the use of argument or evidence to firm belief or a course of action.” So you have to present evidence that you want to do something, i.e. become a bodybuilder, to someone who may know very little about it.

The first thing I’d like to know as a parent is - what is a bodybuilder. I can easily understand someone becoming a fireman, lawyer or hair stylist. I’d have a harder time trying to understand what a bodybuilder is and does. You will have to show me what you think a bodybuilder is and how it will help you succeed in the future. Most parents will know of Arnold Schwarzenegger, mostly as an actor/politician, and some will know him as the bodybuilder. If you merely say you want to be the next Arnold, you are not providing enough persuasion.

Some things that will help win the argument and bring a parent to better understand what you want to do are as follows:

1. Develop your definition of a bodybuilder. You have to discuss what a bodybuilder is at your level/age and where it goes over time. A 15 year-old bodybuilder isn’t the same as an 18, 21, 25 or 30 year old bodybuilding. You have to show that you have some understanding of the progression that occurs and how requirements will change. And you have to convince me that doing this makes sense.
    2. Show your understanding of the requirements. You have to be able to discuss some aspects of the nutritional and training requirements to be a bodybuilder. And, as mentioned above, you have to show how they change over time. Finally, you have to identify some specific of what you want or need from your parents.
    3. Show your dedication. I ask my kids what it takes to do a lot of the things they get involved with at school and at home. I’m going to want to know what you are going to be dedicating to see this endeavor through. If it is significantly more than I’m used to seeing from you, I’m not going to be supportive.
    4. Determine what the costs are. You have to have some idea how much your bodybuilding pursuit will cost. It can be relatively inexpensive if you are training at school, mum and dad are providing food and you aren’t supplementing your diet. It can get more expensive as you progress up the ladder and are at a more serious point in development. If you are looking for support, a parent needs to know what it costs for the tubs of protein, competition fees, gym fees, travel expenses, etc. that may be involved. If you are already doing some training for other sports, transitioning into this will be easier.
    5. Know how you will avoid the negatives. You have to talk and understand some of the downsides of the bodybuilding pursuit. Parents are definitely interested in steroids, and usually have some misinformation that the press put out. You will have to convince me that you will not be doing anything illegal. You solution may be to talk about athletic eligibility and possible drug testing in school or at natural competitions. You have to discuss injury prevention and the tools that you will use because most all of us adults have been injured in the past and don’t want our children to get injured as well. Weight, both over and under, will be a concern as we parents want to see normal development in our children. Eating right and looking healthy before any conversation with your parents makes the persuasion easier.
    6. Plan for happiness. We parents like to see our kids happy. We need to know how this pursuit will affect your academic, spiritual, athletic and social well-being. You have to think in terms of both positive and negative impact that the bodybuilding pursuit will have. Negative impacts should be minimized.
    7. Realize that bodybuilding is not a career decision. Initially, you have to forgo the idea that bodybuilding is a career. Like other sports, the reality of someone becoming a professional is very slim. If you try convincing your parents that this is what you want to do with your life, you will get rejection. You are better suited and can probably get support if you want to pursue a related field such as exercise physiology, physical therapy, massage therapy, kinesiology, sports management, or some other similar course of study. If college isn’t in the equation, think about at-home training certifications, working for a gym, being a trainer or assistant coach at school or working at a vitamin or health stores are options.

I didn’t fill in any of the definitions, requirements, cost, etc that you need to discuss. You need to internalize these and make them you own thoughts and ideas. One other thing that may help is asking your dad to join you in the gym or a journey in getting in shape.

The hardest to convince would be parents. Most parents are not “up to speed” on training and likely have Al Bundy flashbacks of high school football glory. And based on the competitive nature of academic and athletic excellence that school continue to strive for, staying with mainstream sports is a lot easier to get approval for. With many parents not really understanding what is involved in bodybuilding, the toughest sell is with them.

Your mate should be an easier person to convince. I cannot imagine someone just deciding one day to become a dedicated bodybuilder without having spent a lot of time in the gym and taking care of nutrition. Your mate should be aware of what makes you tick and what is important to you. If training was part of your routine when you first met, then there should only be some additional discussion that needs to take place. Again, this shouldn’t be something out of the blue and should really be geared at a more advanced state of development. At some point you may need to make a decision on your relationship if the support you desire is not there. It’s a tough call, but one you may have to make in most any relationship.

I never had to convince anyone that I wanted to bodybuild. When I was in high school, I lifted for sports conditioning. After high school it was all for fun. I think there is a distinct line between being a bodybuilder and living the bodybuilding lifestyle. Anyone that trains and watches their nutrition can be considered a bodybuilder, very few people live the lifestyle. If you don’t have a career directly related to your body or physical performance, it would be hard to justify a bodybuilding lifestyle. I don’t live the “strict” lifestyle of bodybuilding and my life certainly doesn’t revolve around it. Age and career decisions are factors, but bodybuilding can only be a lifestyle some a select few individuals. So you cannot be delusional about your aspirations. To me it will always be a hobby, but one that I am very dedicated to.

One of the more fascinating aspects of convincing or justifying being a bodybuilder is with my kids and their friends. For the grade school kids, it is pretty easy explaining being big and strong for work and other things I like to do. Picking the kids up off the ground always helps to make the point as well. My teenager is a little tougher. He gets bit embarrassed at times to see his old man without a shirt on or being soaked in sweat after a workout if his friends are around. The website poses a problem as well as his friends ask him some strange questions. I’ve talked to him about training and how it is simply a part of who I am and that sometime when he is older we may train together if he ever wants to. I have had some discussion on nutrition, as this has recently been in his course of study. I have only touched on the steroid issue since it’s a topic even in junior high school nowadays. He kind of understands what they are as they relate to his going through puberty, but he still doesn’t have the big picture since he is only in junior high school.

I never had to convince someone to “buy-in” to my bodybuilding hobby. My only recommendation, as someone who has been around the block, is continue to do what you think is best for you, show the other individual the benefits you have gotten out of bodybuilding, and let their decision not bother you. Some people would not be convinced of the benefits of greater health, more strength, better coordination, improved mental toughness, increased stamina and even some sex appeal. Leave it at that and continue to enjoy what you are doing.

colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colinphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Introduction:

As well all know, bodybuilding is one of, if not the most demanding sports in the world to be a part of. From the time we wake up early in the morning to mix up a protein shake and consume a number of different supplements, until the last meal of the day we have just eaten enough food to feed a small family, commitment is key. We all go through a long day of eating, work and our favorite part of the day, the workout. Having this kind of commitment to be in the gym four to six days a week not only takes a toll on your schedule and lifestyle, but it also affects the lives of your family and friends. Trying to convince your family, friends and significant others that you want to become a bodybuilder makes this sport even harder to become successful. By winning the support from the most important people in your life, you can continue to excel to the best of your ability in the dynamic world of bodybuilding. This leaves us with a few simple questions, leaving us a lot to think about.....

From my experience it can be very difficult to convince someone that you want to become a bodybuilder, and many times the ideas you come up with have no affect on people, but you just have to keep on trying. I find that the best way to convince someone that you want to become a bodybuilder is by letting them look at you. As they see the results that you are achieving right before their eyes, you can nudge your way into their hearts and convince them that this is the best thing for you. And that is really all that matters.
    Another thing you can try is to show them what bodybuilding is all about. From my experience, when you tell people that you bodybuild, the first thing that jumps into their minds is that first of all, you are using steroids, and second of all you are just a meat head. However you and I both know, this isn't the case. Bodybuilding is not only a sport, but a lifestyle. Sure, we are working our buts off at the gym to get those chiseled abs and a big set of guns, but we are also evolving into better people. I find a good way to convince my friends and family that bodybuilding is a good thing is just by looking at my diet. Although my parents are not very impressed by the significant amount of food I have been devouring over the past year, they were certainly impressed with my commitment to nutrition. By cutting off alcohol, any drugs, and fast food from my diet, I think I have done a damn good job getting the message into my parents head that had had it not been for bodybuilding, I would probably be off every weekend partying with my friends and getting drunk like most people I know.
    Another way to convince someone you want to become a bodybuilder is by simply knowing the facts. If you know what you are doing, have good background on all of your supplements as well as your training regimen, then it will be a lot easier to convince someone that this is what you want to do.
    From my experience, bodybuilding has not only brought me the benefits of a body I can show off at the beach, but it has also improved my commitment to excellence in other areas. Following my decision to bodybuild, over the past year I have seen my grades go up in school, held up a part time job to support my ever growing supplement regimen, and I have become an overall happier person. Bodybuilding has already taught me so much, and I hope it continues to do so in the future.

Friends come and go. If your friends do not understand what you are doing with your life and are not willing to learn, then you might just be hanging around the wrong crowd anyway. If your girlfriend, or wife really wants to be with you for who you are, then convincing her that you want to become a bodybuilder should be no real issue. I think that older bodybuilders would probably have the hardest time trying to convince their wife that the want to become a bodybuilder because your training may interfere with the time you spend with her, or your family. However as stated in the last paragraph, there are a number of positive effects this change in lifestyle can have in all aspects of your life.
    I think that if you are younger, the hardest person to convince would be your family. I think that your family would be particularly hard for younger bodybuilders still in their teens, or early twenties living at home. As parents see you as just a teenager that thinks they are always right, with regards to this topic it tends to be the other way around. You know the facts, and your parents think they know the facts which can lead to some tough times ahead. It can become an issue convincing your parents (especially if your family is on a tight budget) to increase the amount of groceries that they pick up per week (or in most cases, our trip to the store every 2-3 days for groceries). As a teen, it is hard to convince your parents to spend that much money on food, but it really is something you need to be successful. Another reason that family would be so hard to convince is that you are spending all this time at the gym, but not with your family. There is a place for family in everyone's lives, however it can be very difficult to get your family to understand that bodybuilding is the number one priority in your life.
    Whether you work out at 6:30 in the morning before work or school, 4:00 after school, or later at night, everyone in your life needs to understand and get it through their heads that you are at the gym. In order to be successful, committing to a schedule is key. As hard as it may be for the people you know and love to understand that "Oh it's 5:00, he's at the gym," you just have to keep on trying and this will lead to a more successful you.

I have had to convince my family, and friends that I wanted to become a bodybuilder. About two years ago I decided I wanted to gain some muscle to become stronger and become a better hitter in hockey. After watching Pumping Iron, Arnold just got me so motivated I decided that bodybuilding was for me. It has been a bit of a struggle to convince my parents that bodybuilding was for me but they are starting to come around. At first it did not go over well, as whenever I had some sort of injury or wasn't feeling well they would give me their typical comment of "Maybe you are lifting to much weight at the gym" or "It's those supplements you are taking." They were also worried that all this time I have been spending at the gym might jeopardize my school work except that the exact opposite happened; my grades have been steadily increasing. Surprisingly I have yet to went over the "Steroid chat" with them which I am still waiting for, which should turn out to be an interesting argument.

I have tried to gain the support of my parents about bodybuilding but it just doesn't sit with them. I find that the training is not really the big problem with them. The biggest problem they have with my bodybuilding is that I take supplements. It seems that whenever something is wrong with me, whether it be that I just don't feel good or I just have a bad temper, my supplements are to blame. A good example was just a few weeks ago when I was at the gym and I was doing deadlifts. Apparently I was making too much noise when some guy at the gym came up and complained to me. The guy was really grinding my gears so I decided I might as well throw on another 50 lbs for good measure. After setting a new personal record on deadlifts, eventually the guy got me kicked out of the gym and by the time I got home I was just rattled. I told my parents the story and all they had to say was, "Maybe that creatine you are taking is giving you a temper." This is just a prime example of how they simply do not agree with what I am doing with my life as it was that guy at the gym that pissed me off, not my creatine which my parents just jumped to that conclusion. Another thing they don't agree with unfortunately is how healthy I eat. I find it hard to eat healthy foods in my own house as I tell my parents that I no longer want to eat fried foods, or cooked vegetables and they just keep trying to pressure me into eating whatever is on the stove or in the oven. Hopefully someday soon they will understand what it takes to do what I do and I can the become just that much better.
    We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.

-Arnold

KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KUboxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1.) Start by dispelling all the negative myths about the sport and explain it's a healthy lifestyle with many benefits and builds character.
    2.) I'm by no means a competition bodybuilder but I train hard. My family never understood it. They called me obsessed and freaked about all the supplements I'd take. My girlfriend at first said she would think I'm less attractive if I looked like the typical bodybuilder. However, as I actually got bigger she definitely ended up liking it.
    3.) Again, not competition-ready but I answered that above.
    4.) Kinda same as before. Also, some of your friends who don't lift may end up feeling a little threatened by it. Even if they don't directly say something, it could feel like they treat you different (sometimes negatively).

Vctr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just say that ur working out hard becaus you only want to look better, then when the people who doesnt agree with this see the rsults of how much u changed they might changed their mind.

amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you can convince them by actually doing it not by talking about it