Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100)
    yes indeed
    Originally Posted by softchicken View Post
    better be safe than sorry =)

frisor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is very important in all sports

nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nirma1230 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    mmmmm its really helpful and informative...

MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Warming up is one of the most essential parts of working on your fitness. With the proper preparation you can take full advantage of your body and maintain longevity. It is very important to get into the routine of stretching, before every workout I recommend starting slow and trying to get the cardio up. Once you get your heart beating do about 10-15 minutes worth of stretching. At this point it is also important to get your breathing in sync with your mind, taking long deep breaths. After a good stretch I like to take it one step further and do some light jogging, at this point I become fully ready to partake in any workout or physical activity that is coming my way.

Exploitation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Exploitation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mel_stepp01 View Post
    A warm-up period is important before any athletic performance; it helps protect against injury by improving flexibility of the muscles. To avoid injury, athletes should raise the body's internal temperature through light activity before engaging in stretching exercises. I see a lot of athletes stretching before lifting (most just are going through the motions without much thought). This is pretty much useless and potentially dangerous without the warm-up.
    A general warm-up period should consist of 5 to 10 minutes of aerobic activity (jogging, biking, etc.) to increase heart rate, blood flow, viscosity of fluids, and perspiration. The increase in muscle temperature allows a greater amount of flexibility which readies an athlete for the movement required by his or her sport (ie weight training).
    A specific warm-up incorporates movements similar to the movements of the athlete's sport. It involves 8 to 12 minutes of activity or sport-specific stretches, such as shoulder stretches for volleyball players. Additionally, a specific warm-up is sometimes based on the dynamic movements of a given sport or activity. In weight training this would most likely be the "warm-up set" during which a lifted lifts a substantially lighter load.

Remember, the more power necessary for the sport or activity, the more important the warm-up!*

It is easy to get in a hurry and skip this part of your workout, but it is definitely necessary!

As far as supplements, phos****ens and glycogen are the most frequently depleted. Therefore, repletion is important following a workout.

Melissa
    M.S., CPT

*Referenced from: Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning by Thomas R. Baechle and Roger W. Earle
    I think glycogen is still amust have

Exploitation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Exploitation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MRMBlog View Post
    Warming up is one of the most essential parts of working on your fitness. With the proper preparation you can take full advantage of your body and maintain longevity. It is very important to get into the routine of stretching, before every workout I recommend starting slow and trying to get the cardio up. Once you get your heart beating do about 10-15 minutes worth of stretching. At this point it is also important to get your breathing in sync with your mind, taking long deep breaths. After a good stretch I like to take it one step further and do some light jogging, at this point I become fully ready to partake in any workout or physical activity that is coming my way.
    Exactly

Originally Posted by MRMBlog View Post
    Cool

simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simoun71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    definitely a must if you plan on getting the most out of your workouts. Really helps to get said muscle you are training to fire once you start getting into the intense sets of the workout!
    - Athletic Edge Nutrition athlete

- Team AEN
    - 2014 Team Universe
    - Instagram: Sshamoon71
    - Twitter: Sshamoon71

www.aenutrition.com

Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100) Feelthepowerr is not very well liked. (-100)
    i never warm up, i better start

amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    very important if you dont want to get injured