Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    softchicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    better be safe than sorry =)

buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100)
    Warming up keeps you fresh and fit whole day.

Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vzn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pulled my shoulder when I didn't loosen up, learned the hard way.

But, the way I warm up is, a couple static stretches, rep really light (e.g. bench bar only), finally a few dynamic stretches - then I'm ready to roll.
    The process takes me about 8 mins.

maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxinatlanta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by atnikita View Post
    rich week
    Never really paid attention to warming up. After awhile, I reaped a muscle and then could not work out for a while. So, yes, warming up is very important but not always I have time to do that. However, as my grandfather liked to say : " It's like driving in empty fuel tank and saying that you don't have time to fill up - you re too busy - it will catch you later on.

comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    oh

collin2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The way I supp'd for sports so many years ago (no gramps)

OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneSpartanHero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lift smarter, not harder?

Get the blood flowing to start and you'll be good ! If you have some idea what you're doing..

Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shades6091 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes

tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mel_stepp01 View Post
    A warm-up period is important before any athletic performance; it helps protect against injury by improving flexibility of the muscles. To avoid injury, athletes should raise the body's internal temperature through light activity before engaging in stretching exercises. I see a lot of athletes stretching before lifting (most just are going through the motions without much thought). This is pretty much useless and potentially dangerous without the warm-up.
    A general warm-up period should consist of 5 to 10 minutes of aerobic activity (jogging, biking, etc.) to increase heart rate, blood flow, viscosity of fluids, and perspiration. The increase in muscle temperature allows a greater amount of flexibility which readies an athlete for the movement required by his or her sport (ie weight training).
    A specific warm-up incorporates movements similar to the movements of the athlete's sport. It involves 8 to 12 minutes of activity or sport-specific stretches, such as shoulder stretches for volleyball players. Additionally, a specific warm-up is sometimes based on the dynamic movements of a given sport or activity. In weight training this would most likely be the "warm-up set" during which a lifted lifts a substantially lighter load.

Remember, the more power necessary for the sport or activity, the more important the warm-up!*

It is easy to get in a hurry and skip this part of your workout, but it is definitely necessary!

As far as supplements, phos****ens and glycogen are the most frequently depleted. Therefore, repletion is important following a workout.

Melissa
    M.S., CPT

*Referenced from: Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning by Thomas R. Baechle and Roger W. Earle
    I think that it's happen because I never perform warm up set before work out. I skip the warm up set and life the weight that I should do. (Especially, on Bench Press day.) Now, I do warm up 1 set with 40 - 60% of the normal weight that I expect that I want to lift that day. I do tell everybody to see the necessary of warm up, too. If you never feel pain, you never know how it could be. You have to stop work out for a long time and this not worth.

tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I heard from trainer in my fitness claim that stretching after workout maybe reduce the recovery time of your muscle. If you can, try to attend the Yoga class, it's helpful.!

Anyway, I think in my country do not have much people lift over-weight much. There are only a few people try to lift over-weight and I do not heard that those guy have seriously injure or not. However, maybe those guy injure but I do not heard.

In my opinion, stretching only the body part you want to workout is just fine and once you finish working. Stretching again for whole body part if you have time is great.

I heard from trainer in my fitness claim that stretching after workout maybe reduce the recovery time of your muscle.

If you can, try to attend the Yoga class, it's helpful.!

today

Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicjustice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know a guy who doesn't do warm ups because he feels tired after warm ups lol

allonwatson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) allonwatson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) allonwatson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) allonwatson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) allonwatson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) allonwatson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) allonwatson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) allonwatson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) allonwatson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by muscleboy333 View Post
    How Important Is Warming Up?

Many people are very misinformed about warming up and its importance before a workout. Some people don't warmup at all, others will spend half an hour wasting time and energy before their workout!

Popular belief is that simple stretching before your workout will make you more flexible, loose, and injury free. This is a myth! Conventional stretching before your workout can actually make you more prone to injury, and your lifts will be stronger if you stick to the following warm-up! You should start by getting some blood flowing all over your body and getting your heartrate and temperature to rise a little. This can be accomplished by a few minutes of light jogging.

Next, you'll need to directly warm-up the muscle you're about to work. How many sets you'll need to do this depends on how much weight you're using in the exercise. If you only deadlift 150 pounds, you could probably get by with just two warmup sets, 75 X 6-8 and then 100 X 4-6. However, if you've worked up to very heavy weights, say 500 pounds in the deadlift, you will need to pyramid up in your warm-ups more. Ex: 145 X 10, 245 X 6, 300 X 4, and then you could do 400 X 1, or even 450 X 1 so that the weight jump isn't such a shock. The reason I say this is because if you were to do your last warmup set with 300 pounds for a 500 pound work set, even though you've warmed up the muscles properly, it's quite a big jump and makes the work set seem heavier than it really is. Warming up properly will allow you to use as much weight as possible for your working sets, even up to 25% more than if you hadn't warmed up! How's that for a few minutes of easy work?

Now that the muscles you're going to be working are directly warmed up, you can give the exercise everything you've got and stimulate growth safely. After you're done all sets of the exercise, you can do a very effective form of stretching, called extreme stretching for that muscle. This will not only stretch the fascia of the muscle, but it will greatly improve your recovery time and make you even less prone to injury.

I stretch the muscle I just finished working. So if I just did my heavy incline and decline bench press, I would do an extreme chest stretch. (Lie down flat on a bench with two dumbbells, and drop them into a deep flye. Try to force your elbows down as far as you can for 60 seconds.)

For triceps, sit on a chair with a heavy dumbbell in one hand, in the bottom position of a overhead dumbbell extension. Use your head to push back on your elbow. Hold for 60 seconds, then repeat for the other arm.

For biceps, face away from a power rack with a high barbell in it, about neck height, and reach back gripping it with your hands over the bar. Now squat down as deep as you can go. Hold for 60 seconds.

For back, you can do one of two things. The first is to hang from a chinup bar with a wide grip and straps, and hang on as long as you can with a heavy dumbbell between your legs. The second is to pull on a doornob with a rounded back, and really stretch your lats.

For shoulders, face away from a power rack with a barbell that's shoulder high, then grab it with your palms under the bar. Now walk out infront, still holding the bar, until it gets painful. Now roll your shoulders down and hold for 60 seconds.

For quads, basically do a sissy squat under a hip high barbell, while leaning back as far as you can. Believe me, this is excruciating. Hold for 60 seconds.

Finally, for hamstrings put one leg up on a high barbell, and use try to force your leg straight the whole time. Switch to the other leg after 60 seconds and repeat.

These will be painful, but in the end they will be worth it. Remember, don't stop before your 60 seconds is up!

I think extreme stretching for the bodypart you just finished training is an alright cooldown, but after you're done your workout you can just bring your temperature and heartrate down safely with another very light walk or jog. No need for more stretching, extreme stretching has already taken care of this, and that will definitely speed up your recovery and you won't get as sore the next day. This is for a workout with weights, if you just finished a run you would do things a little differently. Before the run you should slowly bring your temperature and heart rate up by jogging slowly, and increasing speed as needed until you're at the desired intensity for your cardio workout. After your run, you should do another light jog, only slowing down this time instead of speeding up.

BONUS QUESTION: What are the best recovery supplements out right now? What is the most effective pre-workout supplement? Post-workout?

Right now, the best recovery supplements are protein powder and glutamine. Both are made up of proteins and protein precursors (amino acids) and will make you recover quicker. Shy away from most of fancy new things, you'll be wasting your money. Other than glutamine and whey/casein/egg protein, stick to something tried and true like creatine. For pre-workout, you'll want some simple and complex carbs, as well as a good amount of protein. Most supplements don't contain enough carbs and protein for your post or pre-workout meal, so you're better off eating real food. A good weight gainer can make a nice post or even pre-workout meal however. Pre and post-workout meal requirements are quite similar, for post-workout you'll need about half and half carbs (simple and complex), and a hefty dose of protein. If you really want to use supplements for your post or pre workout meal, stick with a good weight gainer that could meet these requirements (so this means nothing loaded up on useless sugar). Here's a good sample post-workout meal, you can change it to meet your size and liking:

-1-2 cups of milk or water, mixed with 1-2 scoops of whey and 25-75 grams of dextrose
    -1/2 cup of oatmeal with yogurt on top (you can eat this cooked or blend it with your shake)
    -1 big steak, or other good meat
    -2 potatoes, however you like them
    -A few glasses of milk if you like

This may seem like alot, but again, this is just an example. You don't need to eat exactly those foods, but shoot for similar protein and carb amounts depending on your size. If you feel like skimping out on your post workout meal, don't, and remember, it's by far the most important meal of the day!

Conclusion:
    To wrap things up, warming up and extreme stretching is key to not only keeping injury free and flexible, but also to faster recovery and greater strength! Don't waste your time doing too many warm-up sets, or dive straight into a heavy set of squats, instead do things right by following a plan like the one outlined above and enjoy the benefits!
    Very informative post thank you

nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    talking the time to warm up, stretch and activate helped me go from a 155 to a 225lbs squat in a year. It usually takes me 10-15mins. Well worth my time.

c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100) c24lamp is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by the_fake_webmaster View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: How Important Is Warming Up?

For the week of: July 8th - July 13th.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Much of the time you will see people stretching out their legs before a run, or stretching out any body part before they train it. It's also very popular for people to begin warm-up sets before they really get into the workout.

How important is warming up before a workout?

Does stretching help prevent injury and soreness? Could it make someone more prone to injury through over-training?

What types of stretches do you perform before a workout? Do you stretch you whole body or just the body parts you are working that day?

What stretching routine do you follow?

How important is the cool down? Does it affect muscle recovery? Soreness?

BONUS QUESTION: What are the best recovery supplements out right now? What is the most effective pre-workout supplement? Post-workout?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Bodybuilding.com
    I find that people don't warm up properly till they get injured while training or start to feel discomfort in certain movements. When trying to recover they'll stretch and try and keep those habits. I have always beleive in warming up properly. I dont necessarily mean stretching, but pumping blood into the muscles, warming up rotator cuffs, etc.

ArreloNal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Christian ********* Swarovski crystal pumps

it should has featured while using comfort and beauty, a pair of right shoes is likely to make the wearer show the beauty from the wearing as well as hide the defects, Christian ********* up shoes discounted has the option to make you good on any occasions If you also employ a special feeling Christian ********* cheap shoes up including the super star, do not hesitant to get your favorite Christian ********* shoes With a metallic grid coverstoe, cutouts christian*********saleus us/]ouboutin sale as well as the greatest heel, this Christian ********* Pumps is edgy and impossibly hot You can retain beautiful and trendy all winter extended using this type of trendy pair of attractive discount Christian ********* Aimed Toe Pumps profit online Bidding directories quickly rose surrounded popularity some three years back plus them fell equally because fast meantime Google announced it could not adore links through ¡°link ploughs If it's okay to the essential directories to market ads and links, feragamo, it has apt be acceptable for the smaller privately owned web sites for well As Google oftentimes will, christian ********* boots, it noiselessly starts apt like those techniques which it once do never They understand there won't be a rush of webmasters buying links due to the negate publicity a four years backward Test if on your own plus you ambition experience is bidding directories are generally once

Christian ********* outlet review toe shoes joined with spacious rear foot place Christian ********* Income Penis pumps with a smaller feet podium Christian ********* outlet trainers presenting significant outdoor details fastened with the facet inside feet location To ensure your present lower limbs look extended select new sandals obtaining a couple of band Be sure to get excellent pedicure in conjunction with well groomed foot skin color in the event you will definitely placed your list of two this sort of new sandals christian*********saleus us/]ouboutin sale in Your hindfoot creates your individuality interesting along with dazzling hence the variety of Christian ********* your Penis pumps of around over 100mm looks like it's quite lovely along using classy Exactly what anyone waits available for It usually is explained that should shoes or boots are generally crucial that you should people's way of your life And then, as being a female

a lot of in the times, humans are afraid within the qualities of such replica articles about, one can go for reliable online shops while authoritative such purchases appropriate affliction is yieldn inside time of accomplishment these replicas Factors such as the able affection on the heel, the superior of the particular artefact are altogether yieldn directly into annual appropriately, one can get that pride of cutting the particular aboriginal ********* shoes at a abundant lower amount One particular business name known as Chtistian christian christian*********saleus us/]ouboutin sale ********* Christian ********* may you should be the clothing make and in addition super chic fashionista Apparently with their, the design of Religious ********* usually get people coach backpacks to truly feel simply invigorating, everyone yr, Christian ********* will create standard like his reasons to decorate sneaker When you discover it a vey important ********* trainers, when you find by yourself endlaved by higher trainer backpacks than normal high heel along with can't stop to get one because of her An original basketball shoes akin to coach backpacks Christian ********* shoes are college loan classification heel bone within make time Christian ********* Boots whilst your lonly heart and heart Christian ********* Religious *********, contemplation, Christian ********* Boots coach crossbody bags for sale

christian*********saleus us/]christian*********saleus us/

hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000) hannah7733 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im such an idiot I just wrote an article for this not realising the post is 7 years old =[ lol

eniko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally, i would say in the morning around , lets say 6:30 ish. Because:
    A: Your testosterone levels are alot higher in the morning than in the after noon or night.
    B: your more focused, relaxed because you've like slept for 6-8 hrs.

Nashville Tennessee. And I am new to eBaum's world.

Standing barbell curls would be my exercise of choice for biceps. Make sure you pay careful attention to correct standing barbell curling form, although I agree with Arnold that it's fine and good to *sometimes* swing the weight a little on the last

concentration curls
    switch in other lifts but these are my 2 favorite and got the best results as far as peak/size goes.

06Hello, how new york asian escort do any of you new york asian escorts think doing new york escort grad diploma or master in Petroleum Engineering to enter and work in oil and gas new york escorts industry without engineering background(both industry work experience and BEng)?
    Last edited by eniko22; 04-28-2012 at 01:22 AM.

justi123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yea this is great

Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sammywin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by softchicken View Post
    better be safe than sorry =)
    I totally agree with you

acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100)
    what is this?
    Originally Posted by sword chucks View Post
    Word document

acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100) acyu2012 is not very well liked. (-100)
    damn
    Originally Posted by Vzn View Post
    Pulled my shoulder when I didn't loosen up, learned the hard way.

But, the way I warm up is, a couple static stretches, rep really light (e.g. bench bar only), finally a few dynamic stretches - then I'm ready to roll.
    The process takes me about 8 mins.