Closed Thread
Page 213 of 308 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 9236
    ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BMF_Dallas View Post
    x2.....sup guys
    SUCK IN THAT GUT, SOLDIER!

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

"You've got more definition than a dictionary." -me

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Need advices: (yes arnold in pumping iron)

Could I have handled this any better?

Leaving compusa with my wife, separate vehicles, she drives off and I get in my truck. A guy approaches the passenger side. I roll down the window. (twitching) he says he's a Christian and he likes my truck and that his sister ran out of gas at mcdonalds (a block away) and asked for a few dollars. I look over his shoulder, she's wearing slightly unkempt clothes and is scratching her arms. I'm thinking "crackheads." I offered to fill the car up for them, but couldn't give them any cash. He checked with her, then declined my offer and walked away.

The reason I ask is that I'm reading "the three battlegrounds" by francis frangipane. I have had some profound moments with God since I started this book and it has me reexamining myself in many ways, especially on judging others.

He mentions a tattooed, disheveled, violent looking kid approaching you on the street. Now compare your perception with that of his mother who loves him unconditionally. Why should you love him any less?

That's something I thought of after this inciident. I offered assistance. Could I have done more? Well, yes, I could have taken them out to eat, if they would have let me. Would I have overstepped my bounds if I had gotten them contact information for shelters/rehab services? Should I have called the police or notified the store they were pandering in the parking lot?

It's a tough line. Calling the police would be a judging action to me, even though they were committing a crime most likely. They might not have been crackheads. God knows, but I don't. Should I have given them cash? I think that would be irresponsible because it might contribute to illegal activity.

Please discuss.
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

The foods that trigger ketosis are high in carbs, not sugars - michaeldude

Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gecko2424 View Post
    Leaving compusa with my wife, separate vehicles, she drives off and I get in my truck. A guy approaches the passenger side. I roll down the window. (twitching) he says he's a Christian and he likes my truck and that his sister ran out of gas at mcdonalds (a block away) and asked for a few dollars. I look over his shoulder, she's wearing slightly unkempt clothes and is scratching her arms. I'm thinking "crackheads." I offered to fill the car up for them, but couldn't give them any cash. He checked with her, then declined my offer and walked away.
    If they really needed gas and you offered to fill the car up for them (which would cost more than the few dollars they were asking for) and declined, the answer is pretty obvious.

If someone asks me for food and they're hungry, or if someone asks me for gas because they've run out, I'll either buy them food, or I'll ask to see their car, and then I'll make sure they put some gas in their tank then I'll pay for it.

I don't just give out cash to people. Those who are honestly in need will accept what you offer if your offer is in the context of their needs. Otherwise, they're making excuses.
    I don't like signatures.

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Need advices: (yes arnold in pumping iron)

Could I have handled this any better?

Please discuss.
    It is erroneous to equate loving someone with giving them their heart's desire. You did good by not handing out money, as I have made it a practice to no longer hand out cash to transients, but rather attempt to supply them with what they need (food, gas, a song ).

As Christians, we are to follow in our Lord's steps and help the needy, but He has also given us a brain. We should use tact, common sense, and whatever other faculties that we can draw from when performing our duty.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cool, thanks

I just couldn't help but feel that I could have done more. They only wanted cash though.
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    cool, thanks

I just couldn't help but feel that I could have done more. They only wanted cash though.
    Well since you got all those extra wombats, maybe you could've shared one or two with ' em. I mean, c'mon, don't be so selfish!
    Push, Pull, Eat, Drink, Boink, Sleep.

cool, thanks

The cash was just a means to an end, and the end was obviously not gas. I've had many interesting encounters with people "bumming" for money.

One guy met me on the street corner as I walked to work (I work in downtown Louisville, so transients are a common thing for me). He said he needed some money for food. I told him I won't give him any money, but if he met me at this corner at 11:00, I'd buy him whatever he wanted.

He was there, and I bought him a Subway sandwich (foot long meatball if I recall). I could tell he was serious.

During a Wed night prayer meeting at my old church (very small - only five of us in attendance), a woman came in and sat in the back. After service, she fed us some crazy line about her son in Kansas, blah blah blah. She wanted some money for gas, and we said no. We did, however, offer to fill her tank. After discussing it over with "some guys" in her car (or whoever's car it was), she consented. We led them to the nearest gas station and tried to use a gas card to purchase some gas. The teller rejected the card for some reason, and we told them that we would have to scrounge up a little cash from among us to help her out. She became irate and launched a diatribe at us for no apparent reason, then hopped in the car and they sped off.

BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BMF_Dallas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dreamscapes View Post
    If they really needed gas and you offered to fill the car up for them (which would cost more than the few dollars they were asking for) and declined, the answer is pretty obvious.

If someone asks me for food and they're hungry, or if someone asks me for gas because they've run out, I'll either buy them food, or I'll ask to see their car, and then I'll make sure they put some gas in their tank then I'll pay for it.

I don't just give out cash to people. Those who are honestly in need will accept what you offer if your offer is in the context of their needs. Otherwise, they're making excuses.
    Originally Posted by ElderJefferson View Post
    It is erroneous to equate loving someone with giving them their heart's desire. You did good by not handing out money, as I have made it a practice to no longer hand out cash to transients, but rather attempt to supply them with what they need (food, gas, a song ).

As Christians, we are to follow in our Lord's steps and help the needy, but He has also given us a brain. We should use tact, common sense, and whatever other faculties that we can draw from when performing our duty.
    there is nothing more that I can add. These two summed it up pretty well. You did the right thing. Just keep doing what you do and God will put people in front of you that actually need what you are willing to offer.
    Holy Moly!!! You mean my roommate?

Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000) Jenkins1997 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If men are so wicked with religion, imagine what they would be if without it. -Benjamin Franklin
    I may not be the person I should be, or the person who, with Christ's help, I one day will be...but THANK GOD I'm not the person I used to be!
    -MLK, Jr.

****I rep Titan fans on site!****

farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think you(gecko) handled the situation well. You obviously had the right motives and you discerned well. I always try to put myself in their situation and figure out what would be the best thing to do for me in that situation. And as always i pray to god for wisdom to be able to correctly handle situations like that.
    "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Isaiah 6:3

Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jenkins1997 View Post
    If men are so wicked with religion, imagine what they would be if without it. -Benjamin Franklin
    Ben Franklin was such a cool guy. Wise far beyond even very wise people. I have a lot of respect for someone like him.

Registered User misstransformer's Avatar
    misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation The Hope - Video

Hi Brothers and Sisters, and thanks to the original poster for creating this thread. I thought some of you might be interested in the video below. Perhaps share it with others who are open to viewing it? God Bless T

http://christiananswers.net/hope/

Forgiveness and Frustration:

I was in Wisconsin last week and get a call from the wife.

"I went to an auction.
    What did you get?
    Something.
    Like what?
    My mom doesn't think you'll hate it.
    What did you get?
    You'll see when you get home.
    I'm worried.
    Don't worry, I used my student loan money for it. I got a great deal, my sister said I should have set my price even higher.
    *worried*....

I get home, there's a wooden 2 person swing on the patio. (free standing, A shaped frame) I'm thinking $100. I had just seen a new one at Sam's Club for $270. I figure if she paid $300, it would be "OK", not good, but OK.

The next day I talk to her on the phone from work.
    "do you like the chair.
    I guess, how much did it cost?
    $600.
    *pause*
    For an outside chair.
    Yeah.
    You got screwed.
    But it's teak.
    You overpaid.

She calls an hour later.
    "I just got my syllabus for my class (starts next day) They say we need to have a laptop."
    You can get one for about $600. (yes, I'm a little bitter)

The next morning, I turn on my stereo in the living room. Click..nothing. Off/On/Off/On...nothing.

Honey, did something happen to the stereo?
    I was listening to it during a lightning storm and I think we got struck.
    Grrrr...... (yes, I know it's not her fault)

I don't think I'm ever leaving town again. I haven't sat in the chair yet.

"Husbands, love your wives as Christ loves the church."

It's times like those that make me admire God's love.

ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Forgiveness and Frustration:

I was in Wisconsin last week and get a call from the wife.

"I went to an auction.
    What did you get?
    Something.
    Like what?
    My mom doesn't think you'll hate it.
    What did you get?
    You'll see when you get home.
    I'm worried.
    Don't worry, I used my student loan money for it. I got a great deal, my sister said I should have set my price even higher.
    *worried*....

I get home, there's a wooden 2 person swing on the patio. (free standing, A shaped frame) I'm thinking $100. I had just seen a new one at Sam's Club for $270. I figure if she paid $300, it would be "OK", not good, but OK.

The next day I talk to her on the phone from work.
    "do you like the chair.
    I guess, how much did it cost?
    $600.
    *pause*
    For an outside chair.
    Yeah.
    You got screwed.
    But it's teak.
    You overpaid.

She calls an hour later.
    "I just got my syllabus for my class (starts next day) They say we need to have a laptop."
    You can get one for about $600. (yes, I'm a little bitter)

The next morning, I turn on my stereo in the living room. Click..nothing. Off/On/Off/On...nothing.

Honey, did something happen to the stereo?
    I was listening to it during a lightning storm and I think we got struck.
    Grrrr...... (yes, I know it's not her fault)

Proverbs 32:1

Women. You can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em.

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ButteryPancakes View Post

LOL that actually came out of the bible lol I always wondered where that saying came from
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    LOL, if it had come from the bible it definitely would've come from King Solomon!
    "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Isaiah 6:3

Once upon a time, when man had filled the earth, satan came before the Lord of Hosts.
    satan said to God: "I have just finished going back and forth over the earth."
    "Have you seen my servant who goes by the nickname "gecko2424"? asked the Lord. "I have been building in him great obedience that he may be an instrument to shed my grace upon many others. Look how his heart feels my compassion for the lost and hurting and the poor. Surely he will draw many who are wounded and hurting to My grace."
    "He's not so much if you ask me", satan replied in his usual the-glass-is-half-empty way.
    "I disagree, and guess who's opinion counts?", Jehova replied.
    "Oh please! Look at all you've given him."
    "Wombats galore!"
    "Yes, yes, those too. No wonder he serves you. If you let me take all that away he'll get hopeless and bitter and stop serving you."
    Amused once again by satan's gullibility, the Lord God sent him away with the charge not to touch the wombats. Once the imp was out of His presence, the Mighty One of Istrael set about turning circumstances around gecko so as to protect him from real harm. His Holy Spirit quickened the hearts of many who heard his young servant tell of his trials so that they were compelled to pray for him. Wise elders truned their ears to hear him and gecko heeded their advice. Gradually, the young servant became wise himself, having prayed to the Lord for wisdom. He made wise choices and soon satan got the distinct impression that gecko was not unaware of his schemes. This incensed the little God wannabe and he truned up the pressure even more, sending challenges, trials, setbacks, disillusionments, peril, nakedness, sword yet the young servant stubbornly refused to turn away from the truth.

Finally, beelzebub could take no more. Enraged beyond sanity, he came stomping into the Lord's presence. The Father of lights looked down on his puny adversary with an unsurprised expression on His face. In a place where time has no meaning, satan stared at the Author of his undoing for an immeasurable fraction of eternity. Angels were attending Him, crying "Holy Holy Holy" and beautiful music filled the air. Every now and then the music would swell to a crescendo only to subside or seque into an aria or solo, always at the perfect volume so it could be heard, yet it seemed expectant as though it were waiting to be muted that the Lord's voice may be heard.

And always that constant, never-fading, all-permeating light.

Then, through the fog of his hatred, satan could see two new arrivals in Heaven. He heard a voice say to the Lord: "Here are yet two more fruit from your loyal servant who goes by the nickname gecko2424. See how he serves You with even more zeal than in his youth." This made the devil's anger explode. he opened his mouth to scream all his hate and jealousy at the One who had bested him...again.

But all that could be heard was that beautiful music and the angels crying "Holy Holy Holy".

Some guy in a movie:
    Women, Can't live with em, can't shoot em....

Just kidding. I love my wife.

On another note. I got frustrated again. I was going over the accounts last night before paying bills and saw a check for $717. I asked what it was....."The chair. They had a 10% auction fee and tax"

Yeah, the frustration came back.

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by IntensityX View Post
    LOL that actually came out of the bible lol I always wondered where that saying came from
    The Bible does mention living with a contentious woman, and how it would be better to live in the corner of the house.....or something to that effect. In Proverbs

Once upon a time, when man had filled the earth, satan came before the Lord of Hosts.
    Wow you like to type

Thanks, I needed that. Funny too!

"They had a 10% auction fee and tax"
    This just keeps getting better

mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some guy in a movie:

On another note. I got frustrated again. I was going over the accounts last night before paying bills and saw a check for $717. I asked what it was....."The chair. They had a 10% auction fee and tax"

I'm really sorry man I know first hand how frustrating that is. I've been married for almost 25 years. The first 17 it was awesome. Then my wife decided that she was tired of having to discuss things and just started making desisions with out talking it over.

Over the past 5 years it has just gone downhill. I don't know where it will end. A few weeks ago we were talking about it. I asked her if she had got everything she had ever wanted and she said yes. But she justed didn't like having to talk to me about choices. (I said you know that is just a part of marriage, you have to talk decision over).

It really hurt me in alot of ways. I asked her was any of these purchases were worth the effects they have had on our relationship. She only slightly agreed that maybe they weren't.

I would suggest getting counseling now, it seems like you will be able to just shrug it off. You won't, it will keep happening. Your resentment will come out in many ways.

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some guy in a movie:

Sit down with your wife and have a discussion with her.Tell her from now on any big purchases between the both of you must be discussed with each other before making the purchase.

Marriage is like a sports team you need to get together and come up with a better team plan so that it doesn't lead to problems down the road.

to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

Any married women watching this thread?

Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jo110465 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I Agree

I agree with you all. I would never even think of spending that kind of money without discussing it with my husband first. For so many reasons. Common curtesy being one of them. We both work and we combine our money for everything and that simply wouldn't be fair to make a decision like that on my own. I know he wouldn't either. I also read in the bible (don't ask me where because I'm horrible at remembering where, I have to work on that I know)that the man is the head of the house and if that man is living in the will of God I'm gonna take his decision as final since I know he would have prayed about it first. I beleive you and your wife should really discuss this more. Not just from a biblical standpoint but also so there is no resentment or hard feelings and so it doesn't happen that way again. But maybe that's just me, one christian married woman.
    Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz

Just for laughs

This is a lesson to be learned from typing the wrong email addy:

A minneapoles couple dicided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent there honneymoon 20 years before. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coorinate travel schedules. So, the husband left Mineapolis on thursday, with his wife flying down the following day. The husband checked into the hotel, and unlike years ago,there was a computer in his room; so he dicided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one character in her e-mail addy, and without noticing his error,sent the e-mail. Meanwhile....somewhere in Houston a widow had just returned home from her husbands funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory after suffering a heart attack. he widow dicided to check her e-mail, expecting messages from relatives and family. After reading the first message,she screamed and fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room,found his mother on the floor, and glanced up and saw the computer screen, which read

To: My loving wife
    Date: Thursday. October 13,2006
    Subject: I have arrived

Dearest love:
    I know you are supprised to here from me. They have computers here now,and you are allowed to send emails to your loved one.

I have just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepaired for your arrival tommorow,and i am looking forward to seeing you then,

Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. Sure is freaking hot down here.

I loled when my pastor read this to us, at our sat morning breakfast.
    I hope you enjoyed it as well.
    D

Originally Posted by TheLBM View Post
    This is a lesson to be learned from typing the wrong email addy:

A minneapoles couple dicided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent there honneymoon 20 years before. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coorinate travel schedules. So, the husband left Mineapolis on thursday, with his wife flying down the following day. The husband checked into the hotel, and unlike years ago,there was a computer in his room; so he dicided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one character in her e-mail addy, and without noticing his error,sent the e-mail. Meanwhile....somewhere in Houston a widow had just returned home from her husbands funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory after suffering a heart attack. he widow dicided to check her e-mail, expecting messages from relatives and family. After reading the first message,she screamed and fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room,found his mother on the floor, and glanced up and saw the computer screen, which read

To: My loving wife
    Date: Thursday. October 13,2006
    Subject: I have arrived

Dearest love:
    I know you are supprised to here from me. They have computers here now,and you are allowed to send emails to your loved one.

I have just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepaired for your arrival tommorow,and i am looking forward to seeing you then,

Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. Sure is freaking hot down here.

I loled when my pastor read this to us, at our sat morning breakfast.
    I hope you enjoyed it as well.
    D
    LOL that's a funny story but I feel bad for that widow poor lady.

jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Precisely!

Originally Posted by ElderJefferson View Post

Love is often 'not' giving someone what they want. As a parent that is a lesson that is dificult to learn. But I think God understands it profoundly and we need to understand it as well.
    The healthy body is the guest chamber of the soul.

The sick, its prison.

"When I get a little money I buy books, and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

Erasmus

I sat with my wife on the chair. It IS a very nice, well made chair. I wouldn't have spent $717 on it, but I can't change that now

Closed Thread
Page 213 of 308 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 ... LastLast