Closed Thread
Page 207 of 308 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,210 of 9236
    gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WOW!

Utterly disgusted.

I rented (netflix) Last Temptation of Christ in February. I was motivated to watch biblical films because I had just watched the Passion and Ten Commandments. When I mentioned it here, there were less than positive comments, but nothing that prepared me for this.

It has sat here for 4 months, unwatched. I was hesitant.

It opens with Willem Dafoe, playing Jesus, tormented by the evil inside him. (temptation?) He, as a carpenter, is making crosses for the romans to crucify jews on.

It portrays Jesus with a sinful nature that he's constantly fighting, asking for forgiveness for the bad things he's done. He knew He was to die for our sins, but was already living with them, not that he received them while on the cross. It shows him as unsure that He is the son of God.

Watching the first 10 min, I wasn't even sure that Dafoe was playing Jesus. It departs so far from biblical teachings, that I assumed it was someone else Jesus would meet or affect the life of. I ended up watching bits and pieces, fastforwarding through the nudity etc. About a third of the way in, I just turned it off. What a waste.

I read that this film only made $8 million in the theaters. I wish I hadn't contributed to it with this rental. At least my 1 star rating voices my opinion.

I pray for the souls of those involved in this film. They've put forth something clearly intended to take away from the glory of God.
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

The foods that trigger ketosis are high in carbs, not sugars - michaeldude

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by gecko2424 View Post
    WOW!

Utterly disgusted.

I rented (netflix) Last Temptation of Christ in February. I was motivated to watch biblical films because I had just watched the Passion and Ten Commandments. When I mentioned it here, there were less than positive comments, but nothing that prepared me for this.

It has sat here for 4 months, unwatched. I was hesitant.

It opens with Willem Dafoe, playing Jesus, tormented by the evil inside him. (temptation?) He, as a carpenter, is making crosses for the romans to crucify jews on.

It portrays Jesus with a sinful nature that he's constantly fighting, asking for forgiveness for the bad things he's done. He knew He was to die for our sins, but was already living with them, not that he received them while on the cross. It shows him as unsure that He is the son of God.

Watching the first 10 min, I wasn't even sure that Dafoe was playing Jesus. It departs so far from biblical teachings, that I assumed it was someone else Jesus would meet or affect the life of. I ended up watching bits and pieces, fastforwarding through the nudity etc. About a third of the way in, I just turned it off. What a waste.

I read that this film only made $8 million in the theaters. I wish I hadn't contributed to it with this rental. At least my 1 star rating voices my opinion.

I pray for the souls of those involved in this film. They've put forth something clearly intended to take away from the glory of God.
    That movie should have never made.I remember when it first came out oh man the entire Christian community went ballistic can't say I blame them.
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000)
    i had a quick question -

Why do some members here beleive that Jesus IS God? There's so many instances of him Praying to God. Even before he was crucified wasn't he praying for his enemies, asking God to forgive them as 'they knew not what they do"

Also i can't get my head around Jesus being the son of God. Wouldn't that make God human like? If Jesus is the son of God then whos the father of Adam? He was born of non human circumstances. To me it seems like me making a paper aeroplane and saying that paper aeroplane is my son - and it bridges the link between me an all other paper aeroplanes - yet a paper aeroplane can never come close to the complexity that is me. I'm not denouncing the divinity of Christ but I'd like to get a better understanding of it.

thanks in advance for any answers.

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I need some of my Christian friends here to help me with something.

I've been reading up on Christianity and one of the questions I had was can we lose our enternal salvation.Well there are some sites that say if you sin after you been saved no matter how big or how little sin that means if you call someone an idiot,get really angry,get drunk,etc just 1 sin you will lose your salvation period and no amount of repenting or asking for forgiveness can save you again meaning once you commit one sin you're doomed to Hell.

This scares me because if this is true then I'm doomed because I got angry at my dog the other day for doing something bad.

I know it sounds silly but keep in mind I've only been a reborn again for a few days now so I'm still new to Christianity.

to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by IntensityX View Post

I've been reading up on Christianity and one of the questions I had was can we lose our enternal salvation.Well there are some sites that say if you sin after you been saved no matter how big or how little sin that means if you call someone an idiot,get really angry,get drunk,etc just 1 sin you will lose your salvation period and no amount of repenting or asking for forgiveness can save you again meaning once you commit one sin you're doomed to Hell.

This scares me because if this is true then I'm doomed because I got angry at my dog the other day for doing something bad.

I know it sounds silly but keep in mind I've only been a reborn again for a few days now so I'm still new to Christianity.
    Know this my brother: God loves you more than words can describe. He thought you worthy of His Son's blood BEFORE you were saved, and He will not let you fall away so long as you wish to be His child. God is not watching you and waiting for you to mess up so He can judge you. If you ever have any children you'll understand a little bit better that God is literally a Father to you. That means He loves you enough to sacrifice for you and it also means He loves you so much, He will not let you be held captive to sin. If you sin and should know better, you will feel a godly remorse and desire to change. It is the power to change, given by the Holy Spirit that you have received by His grace through your faith in Jesus Christ. Renew your mind by the washing of it by God's Word. Read Matthew 21:28-31 see how God understands we will make bad decisions sometimes, but it's what we do after we realize we've done wrong that really counts.
    Push, Pull, Eat, Drink, Boink, Sleep.

ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by iBswole View Post
    i had a quick question -

Why do some members here beleive that Jesus IS God? There's so many instances of him Praying to God. Even before he was crucified wasn't he praying for his enemies, asking God to forgive them as 'they knew not what they do"

Also i can't get my head around Jesus being the son of God. Wouldn't that make God human like? If Jesus is the son of God then whos the father of Adam? He was born of non human circumstances. To me it seems like me making a paper aeroplane and saying that paper aeroplane is my son - and it bridges the link between me an all other paper aeroplanes - yet a paper aeroplane can never come close to the complexity that is me. I'm not denouncing the divinity of Christ but I'd like to get a better understanding of it.

Here's a link: http://www.biblegateway.com/topical/...searchtype=all

This is complicated yet simple and so very hard for a man to explain, God does it so much better.

Your paper airplane analogy doesn't work, because a lifeless object can't have a relationship with a person. God made Man but He also made the sun, moon, stars, oceans, plants, animals, etc. and He never calls any of them His children. It is the relationship that counts. That's why we Gentiles who believe on the name of Jesus are called God's adopted children. You're right that a paper airplane can never come close to the complexity that is you, but human beings can and indeed are somewhat near to the complexity of God in that God created us "in [His] own image" and that we have the capacity to relate to and interact with Him. That was His purpose in creating the human race.

Jesus was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit, making Him a human in the flesh and God in spirit. It is the spirit of a human being that is the source of life. Go to biblegateway.com and do a keyword search for "spirit". Notice that the spirit is the true "self" in both God and Man. Adam became a living being only after God breathed into him.

But it's not unreasonable to say that the fine details of how an infinite Being with the power of self-existence creates life from nothing solely by the Word of His mouth might be somewhat beyond the grasp of our minds.
    Last edited by ButteryPancakes; 06-16-2007 at 05:29 AM.

Registered User user5390530-54380-'s Avatar
    user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i had a quick question -

iBswole

Everything Jesus did was an example for us to follow. If He, being the Son of God, needed to talk with God and ask for His wisdom, strength, courage, etc to follow His will, how much more do we need to ask Him!

Luke Chapter 1:

26 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendeant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are high favored! The Lord is with you."
    29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31, You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, his kingdom will never end.
    34 "HOw will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"
    35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

You have asked some deep questions! It involves the Trinity (consisting of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit) that theologians don't fully understand. From listening to sermons, I heard that sin is passed down from the father's seed, so a virgin had to give birth to a son so that he would be sinless and could save the world. The Holy Spirit conceived Jesus in Mary, who had not been with a man.

And God, being eternal, can make Adam from the dirt like he did in Genesis 2:7 " The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." This same God that made the heavens and earth wants a relationship with us and wants us to love and respect Him out of that love relationship with Him.
    If you wanna contact me, PM me. James

Registered User user5390530-54380-'s Avatar
    user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Congratulations on joining the family of God!!! That is awesome news!

Jesus talks about the people God has entrusted to him (in his hands) will not be lost. First John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." Keep in constant communication with God. Ask God to guide you to verses in the Bible that talk about eternal security and to resist sin and for wisdom in every situation you face. He is faithful to His word and will not abandon those who trust Him.
    If you wanna contact me, PM me. James

Originally Posted by ButteryPancakes View Post
    Know this my brother: God loves you more than words can describe. He thought you worthy of His Son's blood BEFORE you were saved, and He will not let you fall away so long as you wish to be His child. God is not watching you and waiting for you to mess up so He can judge you. If you ever have any children you'll understand a little bit better that God is literally a Father to you. That means He loves you enough to sacrifice for you and it also means He loves you so much, He will not let you be held captive to sin. If you sin and should know better, you will feel a godly remorse and desire to change. It is the power to change, given by the Holy Spirit that you have received by His grace through your faith in Jesus Christ. Renew your mind by the washing of it by God's Word. Read Matthew 21:28-31 see how God understands we will make bad decisions sometimes, but it's what we do after we realize we've done wrong that really counts.
    Originally Posted by Tennis Dude View Post
    Congratulations on joining the family of God!!! That is awesome news!

Jesus talks about the people God has entrusted to him (in his hands) will not be lost. First John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." Keep in constant communication with God. Ask God to guide you to verses in the Bible that talk about eternal security and to resist sin and for wisdom in every situation you face. He is faithful to His word and will not abandon those who trust Him.
    Thanks so much guys I really appreciate it God bless you all

iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ButteryPancakes View Post
    Here's a link: http://www.biblegateway.com/topical/...searchtype=all

This is complicated yet simple and so very hard for a man to explain, God does it so much better.

Your paper airplane analogy doesn't work, because a lifeless object can't have a relationship with a person. God made Man but He also made the sun, moon, stars, oceans, plants, animals, etc. and He never calls any of them His children. It is the relationship that counts. That's why we Gentiles who believe on the name of Jesus are called God's adopted children. You're right that a paper airplane can never come close to the complexity that is you, but human beings can and indeed are somewhat near to the complexity of God in that God created us "in [His] own image" and that we have the capacity to relate to and interact with Him. That was His purpose in creating the human race.

Jesus was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit, making Him a human in the flesh and God in spirit. It is the spirit of a human being that is the source of life. Go to biblegateway.com and do a keyword search for "spirit". Notice that the spirit is the true "self" in both God and Man. Adam became a living being only after God breathed into him.

But it's not unreasonable to say that the fine details of how an infinite Being with the power of self-existence creates life from nothing solely by the Word of His mouth might be somewhat beyond the grasp of our minds.
    Originally Posted by Tennis Dude View Post
    iBswole

Everything Jesus did was an example for us to follow. If He, being the Son of God, needed to talk with God and ask for His wisdom, strength, courage, etc to follow His will, how much more do we need to ask Him!

Luke Chapter 1:

26 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendeant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are high favored! The Lord is with you."
    29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31, You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, his kingdom will never end.
    34 "HOw will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"
    35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

You have asked some deep questions! It involves the Trinity (consisting of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit) that theologians don't fully understand. From listening to sermons, I heard that sin is passed down from the father's seed, so a virgin had to give birth to a son so that he would be sinless and could save the world. The Holy Spirit conceived Jesus in Mary, who had not been with a man.

And God, being eternal, can make Adam from the dirt like he did in Genesis 2:7 " The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." This same God that made the heavens and earth wants a relationship with us and wants us to love and respect Him out of that love relationship with Him.
    thanks for the answers guys - yeah my main question was the first one - How could members here be claiming Jesus IS God - i've opened the link the first poster gave me - i've yet to have a read of it. But i guess its all the travelling i did growing up that i never quite met any christians thinking exactly that - Jesus = God. I read the bible but can't see how anyone could draw such a conclusion.

Thanks again for all the help.

I'm going to need your prayers guys this post will explain it:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3235111

Satan delievered a pretty clubbing blow to me so I'm going to need some time to heal and get rid of this but I've put my faith in God that he'll see me through this.

powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i had a quick question -

You'll need to understand what the Holy Trinity is all about to answer your questions here. Study that first. I can also quote lots of scripture where Jesus claims His deity. Remember, fully God and fully man all at the same time. And since we are talking about God I wouldn't place your own boundaries of what you believe is possible when it comes to Jesus and the Holy Trinity.
    Racism is completely irrational.

Raising taxes never created a single job.

Here by the grace of God NJMartino's Avatar
    NJMartino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey wat up to all my brothers and sisters in Christ? God Bless, its nice to see a Christian thread on here, and to see ppls preachin the word of God!! Keepin runnin the race yawl, like Paul said, and remember that this body isn't eternal but our souls sure are, in Jesus! ~Peace&Love~
    "I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me." - Phil 4:13

THE WARRIORS' SOUL: The path I must travel to reach greatness passes through the realm of pain. With the HEART OF A LION, perservere, I shall!!!

dang X, I'm sorry to hear that man. I'll keep u in my prayers bro. I've never experienced it myself, however my gf has had them before and I know from 3rd person experience its nasty. I'm sure it's easier said then done, but try not to dwell on thinking of when another attack is gonna come on. When u feel it u should try and relax urself and pray. Rmember that satan and his minions "come to steal, kill and destroy". Throw on some Christian tunes wen ur not feelin ryt and just try and relax, and ask Jesus to clear ur mind and help you to relax, and to guide u thru this and to heal you. I noticed you said u have only been saved for a few days - satan knows this and will certainly try and stop you from growing in Christ. Just remember this verse in 1 John 4:4 "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." Godly music is a remedy in itself for ur soul. If u need any good christian bands or anything lemme kno, I have a harddrive's worth lol - there's everything in every genre u can imagine. Anyways bro kit and let us all know how ur doin. God Bless
    Last edited by NJMartino; 06-17-2007 at 09:04 PM.

THE WARRIORS' SOUL: The path I must travel to reach greatness passes through the realm of pain. With the HEART OF A LION, perservere, I shall!!!

so am i safe in believing that God is God and Jesus is Jesus - son of God?
    I'm not that religious so pardon my ignorance.

Nah, religion doesn't play a part in Christianity. God doesn't have a religion. All He asks is that u believe in His son, the messiah, Jesus Christ. the book of Romans, 10:9 "If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.". Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6).

powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Jesus is God in the flesh.

Seriously bro, you are going to need to look outside of this thread and internet message board for your answers.

This is a deep subject and it takes time to learn.

Start here.
    http://www.carm.org/cut/trinity.htm
    http://www.carm.org/cut/Jesus.htm
    Last edited by powerman2000; 06-17-2007 at 09:18 PM.
    Racism is completely irrational.

Raising taxes never created a single job.

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That movie should have never made.I remember when it first came out oh man the entire Christian community went ballistic can't say I blame them.
    I was 11, so didn't remember it...
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

Originally Posted by powerman2000 View Post
    Jesus is God in the flesh.

Seriously bro, you are going to need to look outside of this thread and internet message board for your answers.

This is a deep subject and it takes time to learn.

Start here.
    http://www.carm.org/cut/trinity.htm
    http://www.carm.org/cut/Jesus.htm
    Or here

jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Focus on what is important...

The Bible has many religious concepts that are beyond human comprehension, such as the trinity, how God and Jesus can be one and yet seperate, Father and Son, yet the same.

Do not try to bend your mind around things such as this too much. there are many concepts we simply cannot grasp. Eternity, Endless space and time such as are found in the Universe, etc. God having always existed and always will. These things we cannot hope to understand.

Focus on the truth of God's word, not on pointless controversies. Many are consumed by these things, debates about topics of all kinds. If we seek God with respect and humility/reverence for his Word and submission to it, then we will have the right heart and that is what matters.

Let men go on arguing about this and that or the other and let God's people focus on being righteous and humble, loving God and eachother.
    The healthy body is the guest chamber of the soul.

The sick, its prison.

"When I get a little money I buy books, and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

Erasmus

ttt

Guys, please take a moment to pray for the leaders in this world. Ask God to soften their hearts and to find love instead of hate for other nations/religions.

jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsewell0203 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hmmm

i had a quick question -

We are God's children and yet we bear little or no likeness to him when you consider his power, righteousness, character. We certainly are 'made in his image' as the Bible declares, but the meaning of that is dificult to discern.

When the Bible refers to children in the spiritual sense it means the product of or seed of actions, will, decision. Such as God's decision to create Adam. He did not give birth to Adam, but he certainly is Adam's father. Becoming a Christian makes you an adopted Son in the house of God (Ephesians 5).

Jesus is the Word which 'became flesh and made its dwelling among us', 'the Word was with God, the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning'. John 1.

So we know that the Word is God and Jesus is the Word and so therefore we have to conclude that Jesus and the Father are one. Even though they can manifest themselves in various forms, they are one unified being. Father, Son and Spirit. This is dificult to understand but so many things are dificult to fully grasp.

It is obvious that Jesus was a man in the physical sense, even though he obviously retained a deep and powerful knowledge of God that transcended any earthly experiences he enjoyed. "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.." said Jesus in response to the disciples celebrating victory over demonic spirits.

God chose to become a man, as the scriptures tell us, so that he could fully understand our condition, feel as we feel, endure pain, physical limitations, the human form, temptation, etc. The Bible tells us he did this for a very specific reason, 'to fulfill all righteousness'.

He became a man and therefore required God's assistance while upon this earth through prayer, meditation and fasting, just as we must. He prayed because that is how we commune with God, that is how we beseech him and request his assistance, his wisdom, his spirit and power.

He became a man. So as he walked upon this earth he was not God, in the complete sense. He did not become that again until he ascended. Even on the Cross, Jesus cries out, "My God, why have you forsaken me?"

It seems obvious that he was forsaken. In every sense. It seems clear that he did bear our sins and so became an object of scorn and something that God could not commune with during that moment when he cries out, it seems that he was seperated from God and 'forsaken'.

For us, he bore the sins of the world. The truth of it is so simple and powerful and amazing. 'God is light and in him there is no darkness' (1Jn 1). When Jesus 'took up our infirmities', it came at a terrific price. It meant that the connection he shared with God in that moment on the cross was severed.

His declaration, Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachtani (My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?) is a painful moment, not so much in the physical sense (although he is obviously suffering physically) but a declaration of his spiritual pain. The pain of being seperated from God.
    The healthy body is the guest chamber of the soul.

The sick, its prison.

"When I get a little money I buy books, and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

Erasmus

bump, re-subscribed

freestyle777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freestyle777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freestyle777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you guys r awesome, i havnt been on here in so long and this is usually the only thread i check and to see all these people asking questions and every1 helping out its really awesome, we havta be a generation for GOD!!!!!!!!! i posted this a while back but im guna post it again, u think music gets u pumped for the gym well it does, but this is better, watch this b4 u go to the gym and u will feel like a warrior of GOD!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=upGCMl_b0n4

big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by freestyle777 View Post
    you guys r awesome, i havnt been on here in so long and this is usually the only thread i check and to see all these people asking questions and every1 helping out its really awesome, we havta be a generation for GOD!!!!!!!!! i posted this a while back but im guna post it again, u think music gets u pumped for the gym well it does, but this is better, watch this b4 u go to the gym and u will feel like a warrior of GOD!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=upGCMl_b0n4
    Awesome video! We have shown this in church about 3 times. It makes me want to stand up and Amen every time.

Have you heard the history of that speech? I can't quite remember all of it, but it was a now deceased African American pastor. He was asked a question during an interview, or testimony or something, and he responded with this now famous "I wonder if you know him" speech.
    "Do you not know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body." (1 Cor 6:19-20)

big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Great Thread

This is a great thread. I am new to this website and new to bodybuilding. How awesome to find committed Christians who are also seeking to glorify God with their bodies.
    "Do you not know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body." (1 Cor 6:19-20)

Welcome big_m! You'll find this a great place to get encouragement and maybe even a little help keeping to the straight and narrow too. Looking forward to seeing your bb progress also.

1 Peter 4:1-5

This passage encourages us to serve Christ with resolve, as he obeyed His Father. It also explains that the unsaved world will not understand why we don't participate in their debauchery, and will ridicule us. This is so true today. I want to live my life in such a way, that it causes unsaved people to be confused. This way, they will not be seeing me, but seeing my Father who is in Heaven. Mabey, someone will be turned to seeking out Christ as a result of my "strange behavior." Enough rambling, on to the Word of God.

1 Pt 4:1-5 (HCSB) "Therefore, since Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same resolve - because the One who suffered in the flesh has finished with sin - in order to live the remaining time in the flesh, no longer for human desires, but for God's will. For there has already been enough time spent in doing the will of the pagans: carrying on in unrestrained behavior, evil desires, drunkenness, orgies, carousing, and lawless idolatry. In regard to this, the are surprised that you don't plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation - and they slander you. They will give an account to the One who stands ready to judge the living and the dead.

Amen big m, thanks for the inspiration, and I love that verse! That remins me to stay strapped with the Ephesians 6 Armor of God since we are "in this world but not of it". Welcome to the boards bro, and welcome to bodybuilding! Have a blessed day and stay on FIRE for Jesus!

Originally Posted by NJMartino View Post
    Amen big m, thanks for the inspiration, and I love that verse! That remins me to stay strapped with the Ephesians 6 Armor of God since we are "in this world but not of it". Welcome to the boards bro, and welcome to bodybuilding! Have a blessed day and stay on FIRE for Jesus!
    Thanks for the kind words NJMartino.

Closed Thread
Page 207 of 308 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast