Closed Thread
Page 171 of 308 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 9236
    ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Powerbuilt View Post
    Dude, I saw you for the first time the other day. Not at all what I expected! With the way you look, I picture you on a Harley Fat Boy with "Born to be Wild" playing in the background. You remind me of the guys I use to be friends with about 8 years back. You just look like them. Spitting image of one of them! I’m not saying your anything like them, but seeing your pic kinda took me back to some old memories....

...Sorry for the long story guys, just digging up some old memories.
    That was a cool story. Mine is much less to be proud of than any of those guys. But the past is all done and all dung...
    Last edited by ButteryPancakes; 12-21-2006 at 04:59 AM.
    Push, Pull, Eat, Drink, Boink, Sleep.

Registered User user5390530-54380-'s Avatar
    user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user5390530-54380- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Merry Christmas!!

I'll be without internet til Sunday afternoon/evening; everyone have a merry Christmas and remember your workouts!
    If you wanna contact me, PM me. James

Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have a great one yourself! Take it easy, man! Have a lot of fun and a great holiday.

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good morning friends!

Saw the Nativity Story last night. It was very well done. My company purchased 3 showings at a theater and gave everyone free popcorn and a drink.

They compressed the timeline, at least compared to some things I've read, but followed the known story very well. We don't know all the details so they had to fill in some gaps.

When watching biblical films, Nativity, Passion, Ten Commandments, I know the outcome, so I find myself getting angry at anyone that gets in the way. In Nativity, on the way to Bethlehem, a Roman stops Joseph to search him and I found myself grumbling to let him go I enjoyed the film and suggest taking family to see it. It is very safe for kids if they are old enough to understand the subject. There is violence when Herod is orders the murder of the children, but they don't show any of it, just some screaming mothers and soldiers pushing people.
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

The foods that trigger ketosis are high in carbs, not sugars - michaeldude

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Would you guys helping me out with something. I'm going to be discussing prayer at tomorrows bible study.

I wanted to finish off with the different types of prayer.
    Now, I don't mean these types:
    A. Thanksgiving
    B. Petition
    C. Prevailing
    D. Intercession

I'm more referring to "How you love to pray"

Prayer of silence.
    Prayer of singing songs
    Some use meditative repetition with prayer beads.

What do you guys use or do to feel God in your conversation. This subject came up because I noticed that when most pray, they just say words and speak these words to me. They don't establish a heartfelt connection to the living God. They don't connect their soul to the Spirit so they may be emptied of "self" and filled with the healing waters of salvation

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have found that if you pray all day long in short informal prayers it tends to make you feel more connected to God than if you only pray at predetermined times (meals, night etc). I have no special format, but I always make sure to show gratitude for what I have been given. Ability to feel gratitude is one of the MAJOR differences between a believer and and a non-believer imo.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you guys use or do to feel God in your conversation. This subject came up because I noticed that when most pray, they just say words and speak these words to me. They don't establish a heartfelt connection to the living God. They don't connect their soul to the Spirit so they may be emptied of "self" and filled with the healing waters of salvation
    Narcotics help

j/k

I'll use an example from my grandpa who is no longer with us. This is a story adapted from his funeral. My grandmother lived until her 80's but the last years were wrought with parkinsons. Early on, it was managed with lifestyle changes. They put handicapped features in the house, added a wheelchair ramp, movable bed etc. As the disease progressed, he spent more and more time caring for her, eventually moving her to a nursing home, which broke his heart. He visited her every day and helped bathe her and made sure she was cared for well. When she passed, his "life" ended. I don't mean that he fell into a hole of depression, but he loved his wife and spent nearly all his time with or caring for her. When she was gone, so was the biggest part of him.
    He took some vacations to see family and set up a trailer in Florida and spent part of each year there with some friends. He was able to do more fishing and was having a good time. He would go on long walks, enjoying the world around him. On his walks, people would see him talking. Walking, talking. Most people believed him to be talking to his wife, who he clearly missed. He wasn't. He was talking to God.
    Charlie wasn't the kind of man that would preach his faith to others. He wasn't the one on the altar at Church. Charlie was a servant. A servant of God. He loved the Lord. He spent his retirement years caring for someone in pain, feeling the pain as well. When that person was gone, he was hurt but relieved of the struggle. His last years were blessed with family, friends and experiences. And he shared the time with his best friend, Jesus.
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gecko2424 View Post
    I'll use an example from my grandpa who is no longer with us. This is a story adapted from his funeral. My grandmother lived until her 80's but the last years were wrought with parkinsons. Early on, it was managed with lifestyle changes. They put handicapped features in the house, added a wheelchair ramp, movable bed etc. As the disease progressed, he spent more and more time caring for her, eventually moving her to a nursing home, which broke his heart. He visited her every day and helped bathe her and made sure she was cared for well. When she passed, his "life" ended. I don't mean that he fell into a hole of depression, but he loved his wife and spent nearly all his time with or caring for her. When she was gone, so was the biggest part of him.
    He took some vacations to see family and set up a trailer in Florida and spent part of each year there with some friends. He was able to do more fishing and was having a good time. He would go on long walks, enjoying the world around him. On his walks, people would see him talking. Walking, talking. Most people believed him to be talking to his wife, who he clearly missed. He wasn't. He was talking to God.
    Charlie wasn't the kind of man that would preach his faith to others. He wasn't the one on the altar at Church. Charlie was a servant. A servant of God. He loved the Lord. He spent his retirement years caring for someone in pain, feeling the pain as well. When that person was gone, he was hurt but relieved of the struggle. His last years were blessed with family, friends and experiences. And he shared the time with his best friend, Jesus.
    Wow.. Did you just write that? Beautiful man..

ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ButteryPancakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I don't know if this will help, but alot of times I talk to God when I'm driving to and from work. I prestend He's in the seat next to me. It helps me be more real and not to try and tell HIm whay I think He wants to hear, which I used to do all the time. Then, if I feel compelled to pray during the day I just do it out loud right where I'm at. Easier for me since I work mostly alone. FOr some reason, when I kneel I tend to get religious.

ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100)

fundamentalist claims

Don't you wonder about some of these people who claim that God/Jesus is talking to them? Isn't this really more likely to be self-talk if not borderline schizophrenia? It's more a case of internal programming than proof that God/Jesus is listening and answering your prayers. Following Tony Robbins can do just as much for you in terms of changing the way you live and think etc. Sometimes when I'm channel surfing I'll watch some of the 700 club with Pat Robertson since I like the coverage of what's going on in the Middle East. Some of their stories are inspiring about how people turned their lives around but they definitely cross the line in many cases too in terms of making outrageous claims...

Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Don't you wonder about some of these people who claim that God/Jesus is talking to them? Isn't this really more likely to be self-talk if not borderline schizophrenia? It's more a case of internal programming than proof that God/Jesus is listening and answering your prayers. Following Tony Robbins can do just as much for you in terms of changing the way you live and think etc. Sometimes when I'm channel surfing I'll watch some of the 700 club with Pat Robertson since I like the coverage of what's going on in the Middle East. Some of their stories are inspiring about how people turned their lives around but they definitely cross the line in many cases too in terms of making outrageous claims...
    I do admit that some claims by a few Christian groups seem outrageous. I have also learned that each of us have different gifts of the Spirit and God reveals himself to each of us in a different way.
    To give a better explanation; God reveals himself to each of us through his Holy Spirit. Some of us receive this proof by various means. I am one of them that claim God's existence because it was revealed. I'm sure the way he was revealed to me is different then the way God revealed himself to others. What seem like outrageous claims (faith healing, speaking in tongs, snake handling, purging demons) may not be.
    I can not discount the testimony of a Christian based on my disbelief or limited understanding. If their behavior is self induced, then that is between them and God.

We can not make the mistake of attributing acts of the Spirit to schizophrenia, demons, or self fulfilling prophecy.

The unforgivable sin of the bible (my interpretation) is claiming that an act of the Spirit is not from the Spirit but from a different source.

Matthew 12:31-32
    Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

There are many times in the bible where people attributed acts of the Spirit to other sources. The Pharisees attributed Christ's miracles to Satan, at Pentecost the people assumed the Christians were drunk.

Just remember, if you do believe in God, and believe all things are possible through God, then there also exists the possibility that the claims made by seemingly schizophrenic people, may in fact be works of the Spirit.

RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do admit that some claims by a few Christian groups seem outrageous. I have also learned that each of us have different gifts of the Spirit and God reveals himself to each of us in a different way.
    To give a better explanation; God reveals himself to each of us through his Holy Spirit. Some of us receive this proof by various means. I am one of them that claim God's existence because it was revealed. I'm sure the way he was revealed to me is different then the way God revealed himself to others. What seem like outrageous claims (faith healing, speaking in tongs, snake handling, purging demons) may not be.
    I can not discount the testimony of a Christian based on my disbelief or limited understanding. If their behavior is self induced, then that is between them and God.

We can not make the mistake of attributing acts of the Spirit to schizophrenia, demons, or self fulfilling prophecy.

The unforgivable sin of the bible (my interpretation) is claiming that an act of the Spirit is not from the Spirit but from a different source.

Matthew 12:31-32
    Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

There are many times in the bible where people attributed acts of the Spirit to other sources. The Pharisees attributed Christ's miracles to Satan, at Pentecost the people assumed the Christians were drunk.

Just remember, if you do believe in God, and believe all things are possible through God, then there also exists the possibility that the claims made by seemingly schizophrenic people, may in fact be works of the Spirit.
    Question:

What is the defintion of speaking against the holy ghost? I'm sure that opinion can vary greatly. Claims made by seemingly schizophrenic people are just that... Claims made by people, and there is no way to really tell if it is the holy ghost speaking...

I hear what you are saying though, I can just see the opinion of blasphemy of the holy ghost being blown far out of spec due to individuals opinion on what that may be...

Originally Posted by RangerX View Post
    Question:

What is the defintion of speaking against the holy ghost? I'm sure that opinion can vary greatly. Claims made by seemingly schizophrenic people are just that... Claims made by people, and there is no way to really tell if it is the holy ghost speaking...

I hear what you are saying though, I can just see the opinion of blasphemy of the holy ghost being blown far out of spec due to individuals opinion on what that may be...
    I believe the unforgivable sin is attributing works or the Spirit to demons or other things. It you take a look fully at the passage I showed above it will give you a better perspective.
    Here the Pharisees claim Christ’s miracles come from Satan. Christ refutes them then ends with the consequences of making such claims.

Remember at Christ’s baptism when the Spirit of God was bestowed apon him by God, in the form of a dove? This is what started Christ’s ministry and provided him the ability to perform these miracles.

Matthew 12:22-32 *also see Mark 3:22-30
    Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?"
    But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons."
    Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
    "Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house.
    "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

The Pharisees who knew that Jesus' miracles validated His words and ministry were attempting to disprove Jesus' Messiahship by stating that His miracles were by the devil and not by the Holy Spirit. When the Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan, they were blaspheming the Holy Spirit by whom Jesus performed His miracles.
    Like I said, this is what I believe it is. Many make the claim it is suicide and I have reviewed this interpretation, but I just don’t see it.

Your right, there is no way to prove or disprove that people with extrordnary claims but that in and of itself is not for me to deturmin. It may very well be work of the Spirit.
    Last edited by Powerbuilt; 12-22-2006 at 07:17 AM.

RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000) RangerX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I believe the unforgivable sin is attributing works or the Spirit to demons or other things. It you take a look fully at the passage I showed above it will give you a better perspective.
    Here the Pharisees claim Christ’s miracles come from Satan. Christ refutes them then ends with the consequences of making such claims.

Remember at Christ’s baptism when the Spirit of God was bestowed apon him by God, in the form of a dove? This is what started Christ’s ministry and provided him the ability to perform these miracles.

Matthew 12:22-32 *also see Mark 3:22-30
    Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?"
    But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons."
    Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
    "Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house.
    "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

The Pharisees who knew that Jesus' miracles validated His words and ministry were attempting to disprove Jesus' Messiahship by stating that His miracles were by the devil and not by the Holy Spirit. When the Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan, they were blaspheming the Holy Spirit by whom Jesus performed His miracles.
    Like I said, this is what I believe it is. Many make the claim it is suicide and I have reviewed this interpretation, but I just don’t see it.

Your right, there is no way to prove or disprove that people with extrordnary claims but that in and of itself is not for me to deturmin. It may very well be work of the Spirit.
    Gotcha. Good post.

Wow.. Did you just write that? Beautiful man..
    yep.

The sad part is that I spent age 10-20 800 miles from him before he died. I never had a chance to get to know him like that. At his funeral, I finally saw who he was. He's definately one of my role models.

yep.

The sad part is that I spent age 10-20 800 miles from him before he died. I never had a chance to get to know him like that. At his funeral, I finally saw who he was. He's definately one of my role models.
    I'm curious.

In the passage about the blind and deaf man and other stories of people possessed by demons and Jesus cures them. I've come to believe that the "demons" were often disorders or diseases that did not have a name. You have to remember also that at this time, people believed afflictions were due to sin.

John 9
    2His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
    3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. 4As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me....

The key is obedience. We often do not listen to what God tells us to do. He puts the opportunity in front of us and we ignore it. We pray for help to get out of debt, but then we don't use the tools available to us. God won't do things for you, He does them through you. This is something Clay has experienced many times.

On the disease though, schizophrenia is related to problems in the brain. It is a disease. Can God work through that person's disease, definitaly! Is he always? ?

More John:
    7"Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

He obeyed and was healed.

Now the denial of the holy spirit...
    13They brought to the Pharisees the man who had been blind. 14Now the day on which Jesus had made the mud and opened the man's eyes was a Sabbath. 15Therefore the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. "He put mud on my eyes," the man replied, "and I washed, and now I see."
    16Some of the Pharisees said, "This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath."
    But others asked, "How can a sinner do such miraculous signs?" So they were divided.

That's where the denial comes in.

Read the rest of John 9...excellent reading.
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1;&version=31;

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)
    My good sir. God and the Son Still Exist!
    I have experience several near-death experiences and everytime I"ve heard "Your mission is not finished yet" Freaky ****!!!

Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Merry Christmas My Friends!!!!!

Merry Christmas to my Body Building Brothers in Christ. My Prayer to you today is that you have a blessed Holiday with your family and friends.

May the peace and love of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Built 2 Serve

Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Built2Serve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Taichichuan View Post
    My good sir. God and the Son Still Exist!
    I have experience several near-death experiences and everytime I"ve heard "Your mission is not finished yet" Freaky ****!!!
    WOULDNT THAT BE BETTER SAID FREAKY STUFF? I mean we are talking about God here. lets use some reverance.

Originally Posted by Built2Serve View Post
    WOULDNT THAT BE BETTER SAID FREAKY STUFF? I mean we are talking about God here. lets use some reverance.
    You're up early..

StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Built2Serve View Post
    Exactly. Thats about as close to a neg I have ever come in this thread

Seriously though, to the new guy, that sounded like trolling and is not cool.

Originally Posted by StrongInChrist View Post
    Exactly. Thats about as close to a neg I have ever come in this thread

Seriously though, to the new guy, that sounded like trolling and is not cool.
    Where ya been man? Long time. I don't even see you responding to e-mails much anymore.

StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where ya been man? Long time. I don't even see you responding to e-mails much anymore.
    I have been here in spirit Believe it or not I had trouble with my username and couldnt post in any threads. I just got it worked out with Skippys help today. I was so frustrated reading threads and wanting to post but I just couldnt Now I must go rep crazy on all of my peoples to form my triumphant return

reps

I'm curious.

In the passage about the blind and deaf man and other stories of people possessed by demons and Jesus cures them. I've come to believe that the "demons" were often disorders or diseases that did not have a name....
    I think the demons were demons. Jesus spoke to them and cast them out, sometimes into animals, and Jesus taught of how a demon may re-enter a person after being removed:

Luke 11
    24"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' 25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

Before Jesus's death on the Cross, the world was under the dominion of satan, because man had sinned and forfeited his authority. Jesus got that authority back(Matthew 28:18). That is why Christians need not fear the devil or demons. Because, as the body of Christ, they are under our feet and have no power over us unless we give it to them through sin.

I don't think Jesus would say someone has a demon or make a show of casting one out, if the person was just mentally ill. People in those times understood the concept of "the mind" so if someone had a diease of the mind, surely Jesus would call it that and not fudge the truth by saying it was a demon. Even if nobody knew what schizophrenia was at the time, He did.

ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100) ToddB is not very well liked. (-100)

my reason for anti-Christian feeling...

Let me summarize a recent experience that causes me to have a negative opinion of what a lot of these people/organizations are promoting. I "met" a woman at a diabetes site whose young son has type one diabetes. She is making statements to the effect of knowing that her son will be cured of this sometime soon based on what the bible says and blah, blah, blah...The truth is that there is next to no chance that this child is suddenly going to have his pancreas start producing insulin again on it's own. I think she is Pentecostal, so all these well-meaning people are encouraging this nonsense when any doctor will tell you that type one diabetes doesn't just magically go away. The mere fact that these people aren't concerned with things like credibility and medical facts tells you that they are not thinking and living like modern educated people should be. I feel sorry for this child. Won't he eventually start to wonder and ask why hasn't God/Jesus healed me after all these years like my family and fellow church members virtually assured me would be the case? It's sad really. It sure makes the critics look right when they say that these people use religion as a coping mechanism/a crutch and it's a cult like thing in many cases.

Originally Posted by ButteryPancakes View Post
    I think the demons were demons. Jesus spoke to them and cast them out, sometimes into animals, and Jesus taught of how a demon may re-enter a person after being removed:

Luke 11
    24"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' 25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

Before Jesus's death on the Cross, the world was under the dominion of satan, because man had sinned and forfeited his authority. Jesus got that authority back(Matthew 28:18). That is why Christians need not fear the devil or demons. Because, as the body of Christ, they are under our feet and have no power over us unless we give it to them through sin.

I don't think Jesus would say someone has a demon or make a show of casting one out, if the person was just mentally ill. People in those times understood the concept of "the mind" so if someone had a diease of the mind, surely Jesus would call it that and not fudge the truth by saying it was a demon. Even if nobody knew what schizophrenia was at the time, He did.
    That gives rise to the thought, "Are some of the present day mental disorders actually demonically induced, and can some of these disorders be cured with a laying of hands by a Christian with faith?"

I once heard a very good quote, "The biggest deception the devil ever pulled was making the world believe that he didn't exist."

Let me summarize a recent experience that causes me to have a negative opinion of what a lot of these people/organizations are promoting. I "met" a woman at a diabetes site whose young son has type one diabetes. She is making statements to the effect of knowing that her son will be cured of this sometime soon based on what the bible says and blah, blah, blah...The truth is that there is next to no chance that this child is suddenly going to have his pancreas start producing insulin again on it's own. I think she is Pentecostal, so all these well-meaning people are encouraging this nonsense when any doctor will tell you that type one diabetes doesn't just magically go away. The mere fact that these people aren't concerned with things like credibility and medical facts tells you that they are not thinking and living like modern educated people should be. I feel sorry for this child. Won't he eventually start to wonder and ask why hasn't God/Jesus healed me after all these years like my family and fellow church members virtually assured me would be the case? It's sad really. It sure makes the critics look right when they say that these people use religion as a coping mechanism/a crutch and it's a cult like thing in many cases.
    Was the child in fact reciving some sort of treatment?

We must keep in mind that God works miracles through others and some "disabilities" are miracles in hiding. God is amazing in the way he evolves our lives to meet his pourpous. Sometimes things happen to us that seem bad or horrible, but ultimately may lead us to; spiritual maturity, salvation, gift of the Spirit, soften our hearts, steer us to alternate paths, protect us from taking paths of no return or even give us perspective to help others who are battling the same issues.

Me and my wife had a few moments in our lives where it was heart wrenching fear in a bad situation, but turns out it was a hidden blessing..

I have meet cancer survivors that were convinced there cancer was a blessing, because through it they found God and then when the fire was hot enough to burn them, God somehow pulled them away. They walked away with cancer in remission and their soul in salvation.

At one time we were forced into a situation where a Christian was wrongly accused and I waited at a prison for them for three solid days. It seemed hopeless but at the end, my friend was fully released with an apology. When convinced that her scary ordeal was to dampen her faith and crush her spirit, she walked outside and instantly realized that it was meant to be.
    She came out and saw a group of released inmates praying with me. She walked up and found that they had been released earlier in the day. One happens to see me reading the bible and asked a question about faith. Three hours later there was now a group and all had just turned their life over to Christ.

Sometimes being a servant of God means giving up your life to hardship and even death for the pourpous of glorifying God. God is unlimited in the ways he can use a person of faith to glorify his name. What may be desperate and painful now may be sanctification and glorification later.

If I must walk through the valley of the shadow of death to glorify thy name, then God, bring the rain..

Originally Posted by StrongInChrist View Post
    I have been here in spirit Believe it or not I had trouble with my username and couldnt post in any threads. I just got it worked out with Skippys help today. I was so frustrated reading threads and wanting to post but I just couldnt Now I must go rep crazy on all of my peoples to form my triumphant return

reps
    Good to see you back brother. I was wondering what happened to you.

Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

this is just a psalm i read to calm my nerves whenever i feel like cracking heads......

Psalm 37
    Of David.
    1 [a] Do not fret because of evil men
    or be envious of those who do wrong;
    2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
    like green plants they will soon die away.

3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
    trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
    the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
    do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
    when they carry out their wicked schemes.

8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
    do not fret—it leads only to evil.

9 For evil men will be cut off,
    but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
    though you look for them, they will not be found.

11 But the meek will inherit the land
    and enjoy great peace.

12 The wicked plot against the righteous
    and gnash their teeth at them;

13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
    for he knows their day is coming.

14 The wicked draw the sword
    and bend the bow
    to bring down the poor and needy,
    to slay those whose ways are upright.

15 But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
    and their bows will be broken.

16 Better the little that the righteous have
    than the wealth of many wicked;

17 for the power of the wicked will be broken,
    but the LORD upholds the righteous.

18 The days of the blameless are known to the LORD,
    and their inheritance will endure forever.

19 In times of disaster they will not wither;
    in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.

20 But the wicked will perish:
    The LORD's enemies will be like the beauty of the fields,
    they will vanish—vanish like smoke.

21 The wicked borrow and do not repay,
    but the righteous give generously;

22 those the LORD blesses will inherit the land,
    but those he curses will be cut off.

23 If the LORD delights in a man's way,
    he makes his steps firm;

24 though he stumble, he will not fall,
    for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

25 I was young and now I am old,
    yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
    or their children begging bread.

26 They are always generous and lend freely;
    their children will be blessed.

27 Turn from evil and do good;
    then you will dwell in the land forever.

28 For the LORD loves the just
    and will not forsake his faithful ones.
    They will be protected forever,
    but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;

29 the righteous will inherit the land
    and dwell in it forever.

30 The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom,
    and his tongue speaks what is just.

31 The law of his God is in his heart;
    his feet do not slip.

32 The wicked lie in wait for the righteous,
    seeking their very lives;

33 but the LORD will not leave them in their power
    or let them be condemned when brought to trial.

34 Wait for the LORD
    and keep his way.
    He will exalt you to inherit the land;
    when the wicked are cut off, you will see it.

35 I have seen a wicked and ruthless man
    flourishing like a green tree in its native soil,

36 but he soon passed away and was no more;
    though I looked for him, he could not be found.

37 Consider the blameless, observe the upright;
    there is a future [b] for the man of peace.

38 But all sinners will be destroyed;
    the future [c] of the wicked will be cut off.

39 The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD;
    he is their stronghold in time of trouble.

40 The LORD helps them and delivers them;
    he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
    because they take refuge in him.
    * RedMeat Crew *

.:: Misc Cologne Crew ::.

.:Foot Fetish Club:.

@-@Someone in my fruit cellar Crew@-@

Closed Thread
Page 171 of 308 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast