Enzo1811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Shake Only Diet???

A friend of mine... who is huge and stacked with muscle told me about a trick he used to get bigger... I doubt this is going to work, but let me know what yall think....

My friend said that a good way to cut down body fat but gain muscle at the same time is to drink 3-5 protein shakes a day... totaling betweeb 120-200 grams of protein while also getting 15g-25g of glutamine and 9g-15g of bcaa a day... Then, only eat protein bars and any other healthy foods that you could eat when not full... He said your calorie intake would be very low and your protein levels very high... allowing you to lose weight while gaining muscle... any comments on this crazy diet??? I don't know how safe it would be to do this.. but please let me know...

Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Enzo1811
    My friend said that a good way to cut down body fat but gain muscle at the same time is to drink 3-5 protein shakes a day... totaling betweeb 120-200 grams of protein while also getting 15g-25g of glutamine and 9g-15g of bcaa a day... Then, only eat protein bars and any other healthy foods that you could eat when not full... He said your calorie intake would be very low and your protein levels very high... allowing you to lose weight while gaining muscle... any comments on this crazy diet??? I don't know how safe it would be to do this.. but please let me know...
    I would like to talk to this guy.

But most guys here know that whole food > supplements any day, well almost everyone...

It sounds ok, but I doubt the man knows what he's talking about. Protein all together will not make you grow as much muscle as eating more Fats and Carbs with it.

I guess you could make calories low, but you would be lacking Protein, Carbs, and Fats.

Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Protein would be high but Caloris low? Protein contains Calories...that statement cotradicts itself.

It has some base to it though. High protein diet is one step in the possible losing fat and putting on muscle.
    "Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."

Think about what you want in life. Then ask yourself what you're doing to achieve it.

david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david135 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Peaked
    I would like to talk to this guy.

But most guys here know that whole food > supplements any day, well almost everyone...

I guess you could make calories low, but you would be lacking Protein, Carbs, and Fats.

This guy knows what hes talking about ^^^^^^^^

Just because someone is big doesen't mean he is God when it comes to bodybuilding... maybe he was born that way or good genetics... Common knowledge is that whole foods are a lot better for you then protein bars and whey.

mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont agree with this all protein guy, first of all, losing fat is about creating a caloric deficit, and the best way of achieving it is through cardio to increase the metabolism, but without carbs here, your body will use the protein as a source of energy cuz when you run, you use your glycogen stores, and if you dont get any carbs, cortisol is released, thus lowering your metabolism again, basically carbs (decent amount) burns fat.

Plus you need fats because fats increase testosterone levels and that means more muscles in the long run

hope this helps

cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Quote:

"My friend said that a good way to cut down body fat but gain muscle at the same time is to drink 3-5 protein shakes a day... totaling betweeb 120-200 grams of protein while also getting 15g-25g of glutamine and 9g-15g of bcaa a day... Then, only eat protein bars and any other healthy foods that you could eat when not full... He said your calorie intake would be very low and your protein levels very high... allowing you to lose weight while gaining muscle... any comments on this crazy diet??? I don't know how safe it would be to do this.. but please let me know..."

That doesnt make any human sense LOL. Think about it high protein but low calories if im right i think 1 gram of protein is equal to 4 calories. What you have to do is go to your friend and slap him.

mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cam89
    Quote:
    That doesnt make any human sense LOL. Think about it high protein but low calories if im right i think 1 gram of protein is equal to 4 calories. What you have to do is go to your friend and slap him.
    actually what he said makes perfect sense, the highest figure given was 200g of protein per day, thats 800 calories from protein a day, and thats waaaaay below the caloric equilibrium, plus i doubt the protein bars will add another 1200 calories to reach the equilibrium (taking 2000 calories a day as the MR)

RB31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RB31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RB31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RB31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RB31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RB31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i now hate myself for subjecting my eyes and brain to this thread...i will now go stab my eyes out...thank you
    ht: 5'6''
    wt: 192
    bench: 410
    squat: 605
    deadlift: 600

Whoever apeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward, whoever can not take care of himself under that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If i die, you are forgiven; if I live I will kill you". Such is the rule of honor.