scaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whats the correct angle for Incline Press (upper chest)?

okay, im trying to get the correct angle to have for the incline press. how many clicks up from "bench" position should i go to perfectly targe the upper chest?

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scaven
    okay, im trying to get the correct angle to have for the incline press. how many clicks up from "bench" position should i go to perfectly targe the upper chest?
    Try starting with 30 degrees and go from there. That is a pretty good "average".

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've heard 30 degrees, but some say 45. Any higher you're hitting shoulders.
    I don't know either lol

Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no "correct" angle. Saying "correct" or "right" automatically imposes a "wrong" or "incorrect" angle.

Of wich, there is non.

You should understand how the angle is effecting what is being worked.. from decline, through flat, to incline.. how is the angle of the body in releation to the pull of the weight (straight down) effecting what muscles are being used more or less in the movement.

The higher incline you go, the more you will involve the shoulders and arms in the motion, to the point of sitting straight up, wich then becomes like a military press.

Experiment and find what works for you, 30 degree's, maybe 35.. it really doesn't matter. I'd say that you should even vary the angles just to change the way things are being used slightly and to keep your body guessing just a lil bit on your incline bp.
    something clever and witty

Location: Lazy student, 19, from Sunny England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i use 30 and hits big time
    whatever people say i am, thats what i'm not

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Josiah
    There is no "correct" angle.
    I was going to start my post that way but you beat me to it. Anywhere from flat through to 45º feels about right. Generally I set it to 30º and adjust it slightly from there. If I could share one piece of advice about incline it's to vary the angle slightly each workout.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some times I use a very steep incline to hit the very top of my chest. I really want an upper chest so big that it hides my collarbones.
    I don't know either lol

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by micky c
    i use 30 and hits big time
    same ^^^

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

LISTEN I SAID 30 DEGREES!!

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Defiant1
    LISTEN I SAID 30 DEGREES!!
    Calm down D1. Don't put the 19" PYTHONS on 'em man. It' s not worth it.

Nah, just screwing around. No one said it was "the best" or "only" angle, yet someone posted as if they did.

I just rolled with it.

In case you didn't notice, I'm in joke mode today.

Too much bad news in the world I guess.

As I'm typing this, FOX news said they found the body of a 5 year old missing girl.......

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1
    Nah, just screwing around. No one said it was "the best" or "only" angle, yet someone posted as if they did.

I just rolled with it.

In case you didn't notice, I'm in joke mode today.

Too much bad news in the world I guess.

As I'm typing this, FOX news said they found the body of a 5 year old missing girl.......
    Hear about the terrorism in London? Thats horrible as well
    "I'm worried about deadlifts too. I mean the word "dead" has got to be in there for a reason. Are you sure they won't kill me?" - olympic

Originally Posted by KopyKat
    Hear about the terrorism in London? Thats horrible as well
    That was the original.

Plus the Hurricaine.

Plus the brother of Shasta Groene.

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    on an adjustable bench its the first click or the second ( incline ) what ever feels better to you.
    if you want good training advice , dont ask the biggest guy in the gym. ask the guy who's made the most improvement

wrestlinguy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help

I have been working out for about 4 years now, and i have been trying very hard to develope my pecs, they don't seem to match up with the rest of my body. I have been working really hard to buld my pecs, and they do not seem to be getting any bigger, so i know i must be doing somthing wrong. i'm thinking the problem is that i am not doing these excersises correctly. For example, the bench press, incline, decline, and flat. I don't know if i may be holidng the bar wrong , or maybe bringing it down too far. I do not bend my elbows, i breath in, and out like you are suppose to, and i do hold it for a second when i bring the bar up. Someone please let me know how the bench press should be done correctly.....

MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by wrestlinguy85
    I have been working out for about 4 years now, and i have been trying very hard to develope my pecs, they don't seem to match up with the rest of my body. I have been working really hard to buld my pecs, and they do not seem to be getting any bigger, so i know i must be doing somthing wrong. i'm thinking the problem is that i am not doing these excersises correctly. For example, the bench press, incline, decline, and flat. I don't know if i may be holidng the bar wrong , or maybe bringing it down too far. I do not bend my elbows, i breath in, and out like you are suppose to, and i do hold it for a second when i bring the bar up. Someone please let me know how the bench press should be done correctly.....
    http://thefitshow.com/week3/milos_chest_med.htm

watch his video, it helped me alot
    Max-OT Style Training Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142350311

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    15-30
    <->

▲▲▲ Just as it says ▲▲▲ Tumescent's Avatar
    Location: Having a drink, in a pub, Next to the resturant at the end of the universe
    Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumescent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Josiah
    There is no "correct" angle. Saying "correct" or "right" automatically imposes a "wrong" or "incorrect" angle.
    actually the correct angle is 28.457893°. I find this optimizes the pressure on the chest and alleviates stress on the shoulders. Any more or less than that and you just wasting your time
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds" - Henry Rollins

Apparantly, SOMEONE didn't read my above post....

(rubs temples, tries to remain calm)

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i say somewhere between 10 - 30 % but you can find that for yourself .on an adjustable bench 1 or 2 notches , whatever feels better to you
    if you want good training advice , dont ask the biggest guy in the gym. ask the guy who's made the most improvement

between 10 - 30% incline .....on an adjustable bench the first or second notch is all thats needed