Thread: Wheat germ

Bigger, Stronger, Faster! bluoval1's Avatar
    bluoval1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wheat germ

So where does wheat germ fit in as far as a good body-building diet addition? I started eating a cup (uncooked) of oatmeal in the morning recently and was curious about wheat germ.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    John Stuart Mill
    US Navy-Founded 13 Oct 1776

Bigger, Stronger, Faster! bluoval1's Avatar
    bluoval1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok. How about this question then? Does anyone out htere eat wheat germ? If so why?
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    John Stuart Mill
    US Navy-Founded 13 Oct 1776

B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B_Ray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Uh, well, I eat it occasionaly, but my only reason is because I've read in many places that its very, very nutritious. Adding it to oatmeal sounds like a fine idea. I've also had some sort of recipe similar to meatloaf which used wheat germ instead of flour, and it was quite good. Seems like it would be pretty easy to add to most any food.

Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wheat germ rules, I add like 15-20 grams of it to oatmeal, yoghurt, cottage cheese and some other liquidy stuff. The brand I have has 45 grams of fiber per 100 grams and just 20 grams of carbs (and 200 kcal, 17,5 grams of protein and 5,5 grams of fat, of which just 1 gram saturated)! It's really cool stuff, and I think it enhances the taste of everything a lot!

JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wheat germ is all the nutritious stuff they take out of wheat in order to turn it into white flour. Its a beautiful thing, I use it in my pancakes, mostly.

massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i've been using wheat germ for years. its usually always in those "best foods" list. i use it in my oatmeal and in my cottage cheese along with other ingredients

i found this on a search

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s04fj.html
    "Pavel calls the idea of training yourself in isolated pieces "Frankenstein training" and I don't think I can come up with a better term. The body is one piece." Dan John