newtobars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile skinny ex cyclist who needs advice on where to start.

stats:
    179cm
    67kg
    es 15bf
    22yrs

Hi everyone. Ive been on this site so much over the last 18months but now its time to ask the questions and get into. I was a cyclist racing internationally but due to knee issues have given it up. I was built as 'hill climber' so in my prime I was skinny and weak weighing in a 59kgs. two years later I want to pursue training for a shot at getting into one of the defence forces. I've slowly been putting on weight and reading as much as I can in what newbes need to do. Because of cycling I have a tight back which has played alsorts of problems in my core and hips. Im sorting that aspect out but really need advice on how get the most out of the next 4 months for the next intake. My legs have wicked endurance from cycling 700+kms a week but not powerful. upper body was like a stick so have put more energy into this. Lastly my job is really physical (60hrs a week) of grape pruning/stripping so I either find long to recover and go to the gym or eating way too much. what would you recommend in the way of nutrition with a lot of cadio/physical work while bulking up?

tldr : excyclist training for defence in 4 months time needs advice on upper body exercises and bulking nutrition while working 60hrs a week of physical work(cardio)