Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by 1devil View Post
    No problem here. But you seem to have a problem. It's simple really. Halle makes a stupid remark about Jews. You think it's no big deal. Suit yourself. However, i was just pointing that had this remark had been directed toward Muslims, I doubt many of the people who responded in this thread would havre taken it very well. That's all. Are you saying the cartoon I posted was not offensive. Remember you can't have it both ways.

You re really obsessive compulsive with your fixation on Muslims. I see several non Muslims posting in this thread and yet you focus on Muslims so
    it s still unclear what you re problem is.

Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Heeey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Offensive is offensive. you dismiss this comment made by halle. Fine. Do you find the cartoon I posted offensive? I do. What's your malfunction.
    What do you want him to do? Apologize on her behalf? The point is Muslims have nothing to do with the black lady that pissed you off. Get it? It s pretty simple.

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Heeey View Post
    You re really obsessive compulsive with your fixation on Muslims. I see several non Muslims posting in this thread and yet you focus on Muslims so
    it s still unclear what you re problem is.
    No problem, no fixation. just pointing out that poor taste is poor taste. But you on the other hand do seem fixated on Jews. Which is your right, but somewhat ironic in the context of this discussion.

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    What do you want him to do? Apologize on her behalf? The point is Muslims have nothing to do with the black lady that pissed you off. Get it? It s pretty simple.
    I'm really not that pissed off truth be told. I just think the comment was in bad taste. Additionally I used a Muslim anology becauseseveral of the people responding were Muslim. Therefore, I used a Muslim analogy.

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Shaun1990 View Post
    Rather than point out that this is much ado over a silly little joke (and I would like to emphasise 'silly'), I will ask: do American audiences actually find jokes like this funny? Really, that was the lamest racial stereotype joke I have heard in a while.
    You're right, British humor is so much funnier than American humor.

No problem, no fixation. just pointing out that poor taste is poor taste. But you on the other hand do seem fixated on Jews. Which is your right, but somewhat ironic in the context of this discussion.
    You're obviously racist towards Muslims. Stop lying.

Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post

You're obviously racist towards Muslims. Stop lying.
    I here I thought Jews were the ones with the special mind probing abilities.

EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's also in very poor taste.But it certainly is not a justification for Halle's remarks.
    You're right, there's no justification for either remark. The difference is how the public receives these two remarks. A certain well known actor who got utterly pwned by influential Jewish media personalities for comments he made while drunk comes to mind . Even before that incident, that same actor/director came under heavy fire by the same group of people for making a certain movie about a certain religious figure (pbuh) whom he portrayed as being slain by Jewish religious authorities around 2000 years ago.

Meanwhile, you have all kinds of movies about ay-rab terrorists, oil barons, desert monkeys, camel jockeys, sand n****z, and all that good stuff and you don't see anything near a similar reaction.
    "The worshipers of the Most Gracious are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace. In the privacy of the night, they meditate on their Lord and fall prostrate."
    "And they say, "Our Lord, let our spouses and children be a source of joy for us, and keep us in the forefront of the righteous." These are the ones who attain Paradise in return for their steadfastness; they are received therein with joyous greetings and peace."
    (Qur'an 25:63,74-75)

I'm really not that pissed off truth be told. I just think the comment was in bad taste. Additionally I used a Muslim anology becauseseveral of the people responding were Muslim. Therefore, I used a Muslim analogy.

several were muslim and several were not?so yeah still unclear why you brought it up

Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    *scratches head, wondering what British humour has to do with anything. Then realises it has nothing to do with this thread, thus doesn't bother with "British humour is far more intelligent" type response*
    If you want to get big, be good at the Squat, Deadlift, pull and bench press, the rest is between you and your dinner plate.

There are 10 types of people: those that understand binary and those that do not.

I was at the Zoo the other day, there was only one animal there: a dog. It was a ****zu.

You die at the end; act accordingly.

Originally Posted by EOY View Post
    You're right, there's no justification for either remark. The difference is how the public receives these two remarks. A certain well known actor who got utterly pwned by influential Jewish media personalities for comments he made while drunk comes to mind . Even before that incident, that same actor/director came under heavy fire by the same group of people for making a certain movie about a certain religious figure (pbuh) whom he portrayed as being slain by Jewish religious authorities around 2000 years ago.

Meanwhile, you have all kinds of movies about ay-rab terrorists, oil barons, desert monkeys, camel jockeys, sand n****z, and all that good stuff and you don't see anything near a similar reaction.
    I don't agree with negative portayals of Arabs in the US. In the US anti-jewish comments get more attention for sure. However, in the ME there is tons of anti-semitism in the media that goes relatively unchecked. It all sucks.

EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You've obviously never heard of Ali G, who BTW is an over the top Arabic character played by a person of Jewish descent (no anti-semite).
    "The worshipers of the Most Gracious are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace. In the privacy of the night, they meditate on their Lord and fall prostrate."
    "And they say, "Our Lord, let our spouses and children be a source of joy for us, and keep us in the forefront of the righteous." These are the ones who attain Paradise in return for their steadfastness; they are received therein with joyous greetings and peace."

Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can't wait for the next season of 24...
    JFM - Jacked Fibra Mafia - WE RUN THE GYM!!

1st Leftenent

kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation

You've obviously never heard of Ali G, who BTW is an over the top Arabic character played by a person of Jewish descent (no anti-semite).
    i had always thought ali G was supposed to be a black "gangsta".

I don't agree with negative portayals of Arabs in the US. In the US anti-jewish comments get more attention for sure. However, in the ME there is tons of anti-semitism in the media that goes relatively unchecked. It all sucks.
    True, true. But the media in the ME is still mostly backwards, and believe racism is the least of their problems.

Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, Ali-G is hilarious! However, there is no "over the top" Arabic character played by Sacha Baron Cohen (the guy who plays Ali-G); Borat is from Kazakhstan, he is not an Arab, and is probably not even a Muslim either.
    If you want to get big, be good at the Squat, Deadlift, pull and bench press, the rest is between you and your dinner plate.

There are 10 types of people: those that understand binary and those that do not.

I was at the Zoo the other day, there was only one animal there: a dog. It was a ****zu.

You die at the end; act accordingly.

Originally Posted by kajara3 View Post
    i had always thought ali G was supposed to be a black "gangsta".

Wha gwan, erritin aariite? Wayaso likiliki ya wangaga. Booyakasha, digity check yaself before ya reck yaself,

Just checked wikipedia, apparently he's Jamaican. But I still remember him saying in an interview that he picked the name Ali G for something that has to do with Arabic. Forgot what exactly he was saying.
    Last edited by EOY; 10-24-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Originally Posted by Shaun1990 View Post
    Yes, Ali-G is hilarious! However, there is no "over the top" Arabic character played by Sacha Baron Cohen (the guy who plays Ali-G); Borat is from Kazakhstan, he is not an Arab, and is probably not even a Muslim either.
    Yes, that was a mistake on my part.

m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m7n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1devil, she wasn't joking about you dumbass. She was highlighting the fact that Jews have big noses and joking that she was a Jew. Whether you think having a big nose is ugly, means you're stupid or has power is all up to your interpretation.

Jew's have big noses. Blacks have bigger dicks. Asians have smaller bodies. That's the truth. And you can't change the truth no matter how much you think it does or doesn't benefit you.

Rustling your jimmies ll ReNeGaDe ll's Avatar
    ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no.

the only difference is if the joke was made about muslims and / or arabs, the place would have been filled with laughter.

even though it was a lame ass joke in the first place.

lol.
    Baseless assumption.

You miss the point doofus. This thread was about a black woman offending Jews. It s still unclear how he saw fit to bring Arabs into it. You re just propagating the stereotype that he illustrated, that Jews have some compulsive need to implicate Muslims in everything.

Stay in school kids. You don't want to end up with the reading comprehension of this guy.
    Ignore list: abdus

kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ll ReNeGaDe ll View Post
    Baseless assumption.
    as was yours.

hopefully you are bright and / or intelligent enough to see what i was trying to do there.

TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TunaMan5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by photomasterx View Post
    Thats true.

Jay Leno reguarly has made jokes about Iranians having sex with sheeps and animals and everybody laughed. Im pretty sure all his Jewish audeince thought the jokes were very funny now when the jokes are about them they have a sissy fit.

The main difference is though that jokes about Arabs/muslims/Iranians tend to have racist overtones and are deliberatly the most offensive stereotypes. While this joke about was just mild and non-offensive.
    Plus jews do have noses like fricken eagles.....

no offense to eagles LOLLLLL

ps Dont you americans pride yourselves on "free speech"??? Free speech my ass
    Last edited by TunaMan5; 10-24-2007 at 12:34 PM.
    "I'm not afraid of loving my enemies...
    I honestly want peace with you.
    But when you come against my country,
    When you come against my family,
    You try to destroy my people,
    I can't just stand by...
    I am coming, and if I come, then
    Pain is coming with me!"

ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    as was yours.

hopefully you are bright and / or intelligent enough to see what i was trying to do there.

LOL mine was a baseless assumption? Are you sure?

A cartoon was made so an embassy was burned down. There is no baseless assumption made.

Exclamation

A cartoon was made so an embassy was burned down. There is no baseless assumption made.
    and, there was laughter countless times when comedians have made much more offensives jokes than this about muslims and / or arabs.

Originally Posted by TunaMan5 View Post
    Plus jews do have noses like fricken eagles.....

no offense to eagles LOLLLLL

ps Dont you americans pride yourselves on "free speech"??? Free speech my ass
    Can't you foreigners comprehend simple logic?

Free speech does not mean someone can't be criticized. LOL

Because a religious figure was mocked. It had nothing to do with racism.

If what you're saying was true, then every single movie set casting Muslims as barbarian sand n****z would have been fire bombed to hell, and there are hundreds if not thousands of those movies.

Wha gwan, erritin aariite? Wayaso likiliki ya wangaga. Booyakasha, digity check yaself before ya reck yaself,

Just checked wikipedia, apparently he's Jamaican. But I still remember him saying in an interview that he picked the name Ali G for something that has to do with Arabic. Forgot what exactly he was saying.

he's devious with the way he creates characters that are seemingly muslim but not really. most people would peg borat as a muslim and ali g as an arab. it s no accident either. this way he can make his rants without having to answer for anything. he s living up to the stereotype of a jew- speaking of stereotypes.

and, there was laughter countless times when comedians have made much more offensives jokes than this about muslims and / or arabs.
    Link?

Because a religious figure was mocked. It had nothing to do with racism.

If what you're saying was true, then every single movie set casting Muslims as barbarian sand n****z would have been fire bombed to hell, and there are hundreds if not thousands of those movies.
    Thats a weak argument. All these movies show innocent Muslims suffering because of the extremists, and some Arab-Muslim dude working with and helping the police to differentiate.

Exclamation

Link?
    an example has been brought to light by photomasterx in this very thread, genius.

an example has been brought to light by photomasterx in this very thread, genius.

LOL no he didn't. Unless you want to make the claim that Muslims = Iranians.

Genius.