paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nautilus Lat pullover machines?

Im curious what you guys think of the Nautilus overhead Pullover lat machine?

Im thinking that, if youre biceps are injured or sore, and want an exercise that really isolates the lats, and removes arms totally from the exercise, this is a damn good one.. The tension it keeps on the lats, is something you can really really feel.

So Im thinking that, given all the shortcomings of machines over free weights, there still may be a place for this old standby.

Do I have any agreers? I have a slightly pulled right forearm muscle, and doing most rowing exercises just kill me, although, I can mitigate the effect somewhat by varying grip and exercise. I can handle underhand close grip lat pulldowns, and pulldowns to the rear of my neck. But front pullups/downs, and T-bar pulls are just murder. So I was just walking by this nautilus piece of equipment this afternoon, and tried a couple of sets. Man, when I was done, I really felt it strong in the lats, and my arm wasnt screaming for mercy like it usually does if Im doing most rowing/pulling motions. And I got a strong lat pump from this.

Plus, Im thinking, if your arms need work/size, and you have a dedicated day for arm workout, why let your lat strength/size be at the mercy of your arm strength? Seems to me this aparatus might take care of the issue very well, until your arms are developed enough to put better tension on your lats. One might try and make the case that by not involving your arms as much in your lat workouts, youre sacrificing their growth.. But to that I add that theres a separate bicep/tricep day later in the week, and thats where arms are blasted.
    Paul E

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paul e
    Im curious what you guys think of the Nautilus overhead Pullover lat machine?

Im thinking that, if youre biceps are injured or sore, and want an exercise that really isolates the lats, and removes arms totally from the exercise, this is a damn good one.. The tension it keeps on the lats, is something you can really really feel.

So Im thinking that, given all the shortcomings of machines over free weights, there still may be a place for this old standby.

Do I have any agreers? I have a slightly pulled right forearm muscle, and doing most rowing exercises just kill me, although, I can mitigate the effect somewhat by varying grip and exercise. I can handle underhand close grip lat pulldowns, and pulldowns to the rear of my neck. But front pullups/downs, and T-bar pulls are just murder. So I was just walking by this nautilus piece of equipment this afternoon, and tried a couple of sets. Man, when I was done, I really felt it strong in the lats, and my arm wasnt screaming for mercy like it usually does if Im doing most rowing/pulling motions. And I got a strong lat pump from this.

Plus, Im thinking, if your arms need work/size, and you have a dedicated day for arm workout, why let your lat strength/size be at the mercy of your arm strength? Seems to me this aparatus might take care of the issue very well, until your arms are developed enough to put better tension on your lats. One might try and make the case that by not involving your arms as much in your lat workouts, youre sacrificing their growth.. But to that I add that theres a separate bicep/tricep day later in the week, and thats where arms are blasted.
    Nautilus pullovers, though being touted as "the upper body squat" by Arthur Jones (unbiased opinion ), have the inherent disadvantage of all variable resistance exercises and ESPECIALLY variable resistance isolation exercises of having an extremely low "NMA" factor.

Try regular cross bench DB pullovers. Or straight arm pulldowns though my experience is the DB pullovers are better mass builders.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1
    Nautilus pullovers, though being touted as "the upper body squat" by Arthur Jones (unbiased opinion ), have the inherent disadvantage of all variable resistance exercises and ESPECIALLY variable resistance isolation exercises of having an extremely low "NMA" factor.

Try regular cross bench DB pullovers. Or straight arm pulldowns though my experience is the DB pullovers are better mass builders.
    although it is one of the ebtter machines things, but, eh, that's not really saying much

i vote for bb pullovers
    <->