Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Is 6 sets enough for deltoids?

Yeah, I just got done working out my deltoids, and i am wondering if 6 sets is enough. They feel pretty worked, but not like my pecs on chest day when they are sore 3 days after.
    *****PL stats under construction*****

Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your muscles don't recognize a certain number of sets, or even a particular weight that you use, they recognize stress. If 6 sets is enough to FULLY fatigue the muscle then that is enough sets. If you don't feel fatigued, then you need more.
    . . . .I'm Huge. . . .The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Jules "Pulp Fiction"

Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rookie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hmmmmm...I don' think i FULLY fatigued my muscles. But I took them to failure on each set.
    *****PL stats under construction*****

badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000) badandy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    shoulders seem to take a lot of sets for me and a lot of other people, even if you use heavy weight and go to failure, but do what works for you.

psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    go untill you cant do your warmup weight

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do 2-3 sets for shoulders.

Thats all i need.

Br

thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000)
    6 sets for side delts ( I want wide shoulders ) , 4 sets for rear delts
    and thats not overtraining for me
    I rape back.
    If you were half as good as me you'd be close to perfection.
    "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off." - Brock Lesnar

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Same here, I do upwards of 12 sets per bodypart. Seems to work really well for me.

CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what exercises are you doing on your delts?

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also a good point. Also, I don't believe your entire body will respond as well to the same style of training. Try everything and see what works best for which body parts.

AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    two sets here.
    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

Genetically Gifted Big Daddy Shane's Avatar
    Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by AimHighUSAF
    two sets here.
    Same here. I military press 75kg for 2 sets of 10, making 2.5kg increases ALMOST every week. Hopefully I'll be doing 100kg for ten by January.
    Forum member since 2002

I rep back 1k plus

HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Damn, that's fast progression Shane. Progression in pressing movements is usually between 1&2lbs a week or so (so I have found anyway). You must be gifted, at least in the press, to be able to add that much weight to the bar on a regular basis whilst keeping tight form.

Peace
    My progress goes up and down more frequently than a whore at work, but I still love to lift.

Genetically Gifted Big Daddy Shane's Avatar
    Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by HIT is best
    Damn, that's fast progression Shane. Progression in pressing movements is usually between 1&2lbs a week or so (so I have found anyway). You must be gifted, at least in the press, to be able to add that much weight to the bar on a regular basis whilst keeping tight form.

Peace
    I've been on the HIT program for about 5 weeks now, and am still gaining HEAPS of strength weekly. Maybe I'm gaining so much strength because I've severely cut down on sets and exercises (compounds only).
    My gym doesn't go lower in weight than 1.25kg plates.
    Forum member since 2002

I rep back 1k plus

krisrogers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should be asking yourself this question
    do i stress my delts to the maximum extent in a good period of time?
    any shoulder work you should feel tha burn
    work hard on your delts, itll pay off!

AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Shane

Same here. I military press 75kg for 2 sets of 10, making 2.5kg increases ALMOST every week. Hopefully I'll be doing 100kg for ten by January.

i do military press or db press 1 set 6-10 reps, and then bent over lateral raise 1 set 6-10 reps.
    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17