kayak_Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Incorporate Whey Protein into diet?

Hi All!

In my second month of workout routines, 3 times a week for about an hour. 20 mins of cardio and 40 on weights.

I'm trying lose inches, and fat. I've been changing my diet, eating less, and smaller meals more often.

I'm curious what you all thought about adding protein shake into my diet, like maybe in the morning, and one after my workout?

Will using protein shake inhibit my fat loss?

Thanks!

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Please read up on workout nutrition. It is recommended to have protein PWO to aid in muscle repair. The quick way to do this are with whey protein shakes.

Workout nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=3088

ALL articles related to Pre & Post Workout:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...rkoutNutrition

Shakes will not inhibit your cutting plan, as long as the calories are taken into account with the rest of your diet plan.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, I think we would have to see your diet before saying whether or not to add or take anything away. I am a fan of whey protein, it helped me lose. I would not feel good about telling you to add it without knowing what you are already eating.

Registered User Definitelynotme's Avatar
    Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

whey

adding whey protein to your diet is a very good idea.
    If your parents didn't have children, chances are you won't either.

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm agreeing with the consensus...

add the whey!!!

also just incase you havent done the necessary research, CUT THE SUGARS.
    and you'll cut the fat
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

I'm really tring to work on my diet, hench the question about the whey.

I used to eat only a few times a day, now I'm tring to spread out my eting throught the day. I work 2nd shift and I go to the gym after work, 12:30am.

My diet is usually:
    cereal in the am with multi vit
    Sandwiches, fruit, popcorn at work.
    Something for dinner....

I've been thinking of adding the whey after my workouts, and maybe on workout days added a whey shake in the morning with breakfast.

P.S I've just recently cut soda out life, it's pretty much water for me.

I'm believe I have quite a bit of muscle mass as it is, I used to play football in HS, and wrestling and lifting. But it's been some years since I've had the routine, and I've gained a lot of weight.

So my focus at the gym to to lose fat, and maintain the muscle.

I hope this helps, any suggestion/comments are much appreciated.

B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Add whey to your diet. I was constantly taking in protein shakes preworkout, postworkout, and even before bed and during the day while I was on my cut. Protein is an essential part to dieting. Look into getting your diet straightened out and keeping to a strict routine. After a week or two, give yourself a good cheat meal but don't over do it. You deserve it after the hard work and continue back on your diet. Try to do cardio and incorporate a weight lifting routine into your schedule. Please post up your diet and routine and we may be able to help better.
    Magnum Nutraceuticals BB.com Forum Manager & Lead Sales Representative
    Better Ingredients, Better Results
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

My gym rotine is:

Cardio- on the ellipcallal machine, I've been striving for 15 mins at my target heart rate

Then

Weights, I allways to me back and abs, and I rotate upper body ans lower body on different days.

B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Please do weights first then do your cardio. Try to reach your goal of 15 min cardio then aim for 17 or 20 the next week and keep increasing. You don't want to expend all your energy on cardio before you ever touch the weights.
    Magnum Nutraceuticals BB.com Forum Manager & Lead Sales Representative
    Better Ingredients, Better Results
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nutrition is a major key because if your diet plan is not good all the exercise in the world won't get you to reach your goals. You need to get some caloric perspective on your eating. I am not sure if you have access to a microwave at work, but many of us cook up a bunch of chicken on Sunday and portion it out during the week. Warm it if you like, or put it on some wheat breat for a sandwich. Basically, if you want it bad enough you can eat healthy at work. There are lots of articles on Nutrition on the main BB.com site as well as the Nutrition forum.

I agree with yohead: workout first, then cardio. 30 minutes low-moderate intensity cardio after you lift will be very helpful in taking off the fat...

...but your diet has to be a good one.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

Thanks all for the replys, I understand my diet is lacking to say the least lol.

Will using the whey protien cause me to gain fat?
    What is the proper amount to use?

Originally Posted by kayak_Guy View Post
    Thanks all for the replys, I understand my diet is lacking to say the least lol.

Will using the whey protien cause me to gain fat?
    What is the proper amount to use?
    READ young man....to find the answers.

I posted links for you in my post above. YOU need to do the work in learning about workout nutrition.

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

I read some of that, seem slike a lot, 1.5g per pound?

That would be 450g per day? Wouldn't that make me gain weight?