Rehab Science Student TheFitnessGuru's Avatar
    TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many calories are too many for one meal?

Im currently bulking and sometimes due to high calorie foods such as peanut butter, i don't consume that much food, but meats and others are so high in calories that my meals are sometimes around 800 or even 900. because I guess its because i overeat too much than i should have.

Like I just had:
    5eggwhites
    1egg
    1 ww tortilla (8g fiber, 11c)
    3 lean meatballs
    1 fuji apple
    7 strawberrys
    1 entire yam (prolly about 300-350 calories)

as you can see, its all clean.

but it was about 700-900 calories.

so whats the deal peeps ? is about 300 or 400 calories just going to be stored as fat now? maybe that's my problem? ****
    | Bringing Fitness into your Lifestyle |

rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheFitnessGuru
    is about 300 or 400 calories just going to be stored as fat now?
    Highly doubt it.
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=527284

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
    part of DA...keep it on the QT

FeMMisc SPA #5

TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol. thx man. but isnt there an amount that is prolly too much. like something maybe like "anything over 600 at one meal or 700 at one sitting is too much"
    or if its 700 over a course of half an hour or an hour its ok? or what?

lol. come on. someone's got to know this

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TheFitnessGuru
    lol. thx man. but isnt there an amount that is prolly too much. like something maybe like "anything over 600 at one meal or 700 at one sitting is too much"
    or if its 700 over a course of half an hour or an hour its ok? or what?

lol. come on. someone's got to know this

First of all, anyone with a shred of logic would realize that, if there is some sort of threshold where the number of calories becomes "too much" for one meal (which I'm sure there is at some point), it will VARY FROM PERSON TO PERSON DEPENDING ON SIZE, METABOLIC RATE, ETC.

To say "anything over X amount of calories will be stored as fat" is ridiculous and narrow minded. What might be excessive for one person may not be enough for another.

tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10) tibor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    350 cals in yams?! how big is it, the size of a small shoe?
    History:
    01/02/04 - 229...01/05/05: 172
    05/01/06 - 08/02/07: 165
    08/03/07 - 12/23/07: 178

Next Goal: 06/01/08: 172, 8-9% body fat

rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tibor
    350 cals in yams?! how big is it, the size of a small shoe?
    Don't you know how big yams are? They're surprisingly dense.
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=527284

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
    part of DA...keep it on the QT

FeMMisc SPA #5

Exclamation

lol. dude. its 105 calories per 3.5 ounces. One yam is pretty heavy. I'm seriously walking out to my kitchen right now, im gonna grab one random yam, and weigh it for you... brb...
    lol. for one less than 1 1/2 fists, its 11.4 ounces. divide that by 3.5, then multiply by 105... uh buddy that's exactly 342 calories lol. just lettin ya know in a helpful friendly fashion

but yeah i agree with the common notion that that would seem like a lot of yam/sweet potatoe to eat. But I loved every second of it mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they're good, specially when boiled.

Green beans and cabbage bencher305's Avatar
    bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bencher305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    first off decided the amountof cals you need to gain weight/ cut weight... then take the total amount of meals you want in the day.. so if you want to eat 6-7 small meals, or 5-6 meals.. just divide that # by the amount of meals bro. Its not that hard...

its hard to give you a distinct answer b/c everyones different..findout what you want to do bulk/cut.. find out the cals u need and then improvise your diet.. thats all
    "if you cant stop talking in the gym, call me and Ill slap your face in"-bencher ha

-PArty at my place, some drunk idiot gets into my protein powder in my room and throws it all over the floor and sayes " Hey bro,why is there sand all over your room"

troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troythompson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ithink is depends on what time the meal is... for example ppwo, your bodys ability to use macronutrients is very high... also, another factor is muscle glycogen, if your muscle glycogen is very low your body can utilize and store more carbs in the muscle. lastly, the size of each meal depends on how fast your metabolism is as well as how much lean body mass you have... so, there are alot of factors involved.

momma said knoq u out ballboy20's Avatar
    ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bencher305
    first off decided the amountof cals you need to gain weight/ cut weight... then take the total amount of meals you want in the day.. so if you want to eat 6-7 small meals, or 5-6 meals.. just divide that # by the amount of meals bro. Its not that hard...

its hard to give you a distinct answer b/c everyones different..findout what you want to do bulk/cut.. find out the cals u need and then improvise your diet.. thats all

I kind of have a question on this. To me it's hard to figure out wqhat my daily calorie intake is because I am not alwyas doing the same thing everyday. Yes I do have my same daily workout routines everyweek, but what about the other things you do like everyday tasks and other activities you do that day. I tried using the metabolic rate calculator and estimate what my calories would ahve to be but the days that I'd say play some sports, run, etc...i would eat my same calorie needs for that day but would seem I was behind on them because all of the extra things. Anyway my question really is could you make a range of calories (3000-3700) and jsut try to get in that or is it needed to have a number to be close to at all times for better results in your bodybuilding process. Thanks

ballboy20
    6'6"
    230 lbs

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."---Michael Jordan

"Everyone has a plan, 'til they get hit."-Mike Tyson