the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Daniel Gastelu - Bill Grant's Old-School Bodybuilding Series: The Secret To Massive Arms!

If you don't know legendary bodybuilder Bill Grant you should. In this article I will give a brief overview of his career and include a webcast video with him performing an arm workout. Check it out!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu15.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks man, I could use some work on my arms

Registered User AintNothingToIt's Avatar
    AintNothingToIt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Great Info.

The information that was provided in this article is outstanding. I used a similar exercise program to Bill Grant's but it was slightly different. When I used the super-setting it was amazing.

I'm starting that program today again. It was quick and explosive. I had experienced good gains and pumps. I expect to experience the same thing over the next few weeks.

If there is more information out there on Bill Grant and his exercise programs I would enjoy reading it. Bill has amazing ABS for anybody, especially someone that is 58 years young!

Nassah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Awsome video

yo guys

really awsome video great training tips.. will used it when in the gym!

the super sets are freaky awsome .. pump it up great workout!!

tnx Bill Grant and Daniel Gastelu for a good workout video..

cant waint to see the ab workout... Bill Grant looking amazing

greatz

nassah
    Last edited by Nassah; 07-03-2005 at 01:39 PM.

Dr. COM WIZ

Exclamation Where da vids at?

I'd love to see the videos by downloading them in the WMV formats as the links say. However, they seem to all lead to wvx files that are about 100 bytes each. Problem is they don't play anything.

If you could help me understand how to get around this or if the links on the pages themselves get changed, please reply to this message (I bookmarked it). BTW: I can't download the MPEG easily because of very limited bandwidth.

Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    change the .wvx to .wmv and it works
    Took a year or so off from lifting, now back gaining size and strength on Rippetoe's Starting Strength program.

BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really enjoyed this article/video. I cant wait for the next installments. I am also gonna give his workouts and training split a try in the offseason to see If I can pack on some more mass.

BigJoe
    'Be water my friend'-Bruce Lee

Royal bengal TiGeR komalthecoolk's Avatar
    komalthecoolk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dr. COM WIZ
    I'd love to see the videos by downloading them in the WMV formats as the links say. However, they seem to all lead to wvx files that are about 100 bytes each. Problem is they don't play anything.

If you could help me understand how to get around this or if the links on the pages themselves get changed, please reply to this message (I bookmarked it). BTW: I can't download the MPEG easily because of very limited bandwidth.

The windows media files are for viewin them online and MPEG for downloads.
    use the best muscles in ur body to do the most wonderful thing that only man can..., SMILE !!!

The land of a thousand defeats is also the place of one VICTOR .
    Neva give up !!!

Unregistered

Daniel Gastelu

Thanks for all of the positive feedback about this article and instructional video.

I spoke to Bill Grant today and he is glad to know that members of the Bodybuilding.com community are interested in his “Old-school” bodybuilding programs. Having the opportunity to work with Bill has been a thrilling experience for me. I first read about Bill and his training approaches back in 1970 and knew he was on to something special and have been super-setting ever since.

But, as you will see for yourself in subsequent articles and videos, Bill is a walking-library of all sorts of bodybuilding information from his 4 decades of experience, and will be revealing a wealth of bodybuilding training and nutrition information for all of us to learn from and enjoy.

Daniel Gastelu, dan@supplementfacts.com

tuna_boi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That was an awesome video..

58 and he looks ripped as hell , huge too.

Hoe you dont mind but i posted the link to the video on another forum..

Expert in Training aaronmartell's Avatar
    aaronmartell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronmartell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronmartell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronmartell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronmartell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up Great video...

Great video- he knows what he's talking about (but he WAS cheating in those "swinging" EZ Curls hehe)
    Good stuff...but im going to add one more exercise (maybe with a drop set of another exercise with 2 instead of 3 sets)
    Thumbs up!

Night Owl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Want to change up my routine

I've been supersetting my arms pretty much the same way for a few months without dramatic progress.

Do you think 2x a week for such an easily-overtrained body group would be too much for the natural bodybuilder?

BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For some yes, however most people can adapt to this training split if they devide their exercises, dont go to failure too often and keep a track on the total amount of sets per bodypart a week. Also nutrition is paramount for recovery during this kind of training. I am seeing results (i have good genetics) my training partner is also seeing results (he has bad-average genetics). People are stuck in the one bodypart a week mindset in my opinion, this is due to the popularity this kind of split recieved and the way people then just assumed that that was the best way to train. The once a week split stopped people overtraining meaning that most saw gains from it. Hovever not everyone who is training a bodypart x2 is overtraining as not everyone does 20 sets in each of those workouts, understand my point? There were/are many who were/are training with a higher frequency and are having great results. For example the HST program advocates training bodyparts multiple times in a smart way, lots of people train this way and like it! Training smart is the key imo.
    Just my 2 cents, sorry to ramble lol.

BigJoe
    'Be water my friend'-Bruce Lee

Unregistered

Nice work Gastelu!

This was a good article; I never write reviews but I felt compelled to write one. I'd like to see more articles like this with videos. Nice work.

Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome video, I just did the workout and I feel great! Big ups to Daniel Gastelu and Bill Grant. I'll be looking forward to future videos!

Unregistered

Workout

Bill Grant's workout truly is the best workout of them all. It works every arm muscle in a way that has never been done before. Plus with using Super-Sets you maximize your muscle strength and capacity. bill grant = workout genious

Unregistered

Wink Bill Grants Article

My Name Is Michele And I'd Like To Coment On Bill Grant And All Of His Achievments. Not Only Is He A Legend In The Bodybuilding World I Am Lucky Enough To Say He's My Firend And Mentor.
    There Is Knowone I've Ever Met Like Bill, He Is Eduacated, Generous And A Wonderful Person To Learn From. To Anyone That Has The Chance Of Visiting Bill In Diamond Gym In Nj You Shoulld Make It Your Priortiy To Learn From This Champion Of Champions You'll Be Thankful You Did..

Muscle_Simon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Where is the link for full video

I wanted to rewatch the video and I cant find the full video link. It was a real god video and I would like to watch it again..

Unregistered
    Wow that brought back a lot of memories for me. I used to train at Diamond Gym 20 years ago and have yet to find a place that inspired me like that place did. John Kemper knows how to put together a gym. I remember Bill Grant coming in back then and he was always very approachable and eager to help. He still looks great and I'm glad his business is working out for him as well.

German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) German_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did anybody ever find his routine for Back, chest and Shoulders. I was looking forward for the release of those.

SKumar

I am stunned

This video and article is simply superb.

Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What should I do for shoulders??? I don't know what to do for shoulders. 3 sets, 4 sets?

Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beast-Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how do i get the pump on the chest back and shoulders area???

kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    anyone tried this? Im about to switch to it and give it a go.

I never SS chest with back, its gonna be alotta running from one side of the gym to the other! lol (how much max rest can i have inbetween chest+back) like 10seconds?

djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsimonmlb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    His posing video is absolutely astonishing. That's incredible..
    Working on my life

TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by djsimonmlb View Post
    His posing video is absolutely astonishing. That's incredible..
    Man, words can't even describe that. The sheer fact that this guy is in his 50's looking like that is straight ridiculous!!! (in a good way) I think I need to start training harder NOW to get to where he is. One thing that made me really like this guy's work is that it's so simple and yet his gains are so huge! Working out only 4 days a week is a plus for me. I like to have weekends free.

NJjimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those vids were extremley helpful thanks a lot bro..are you gonna put up his chest, back and shoulders workout though?
    "The mind always fails first, not the body. The secret is to make your mind work for you, not against you."-Arnold Schwarznegger