Thread: 3x3

9 years and counting... MuscleTex's Avatar
    MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

3x3

this is for any who has use Korte's 3x3 program.

They say do 5-8 sets for the first for weeks for the lifts. this is my first time on the program so should i do 5, 6, 7, or 8 sets.

i changed from bb to pl and i usually only did 2-3 sets for those lifts.
    Find out who's a virgin....

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=7326[/url]

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do what you feel best with... i'd start with 5 sets week1, 6 sets week2, 7 sets week3, 8 sets week4...

hope this helps

MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah i didn't want to just jump into 7-8 sets the first even if it is low intensity b/c i didn't think i would be ready.

markieb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just finished my first months percentages ,I feel good on monday wednesdayis alright man but by friday I am wore out and I usually dont end up finishing I am doing 5x5s though

also I forgot , I jumped over to pl from bb used to 3sets 0f10.

How sore were you?

Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by MuscleTex
    How sore were you?
    lol, it depends from person to person.

many bb tho' have a small workload so they get sore quickly.

i don't get as much sore anymore

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Deejay_Spike

lol, it depends from person to person.

many bb tho' have a small workload so they get sore quickly.

i don't get as much sore anymore
    only thing that burns me is lats, lol

or maybe a little soreness from a new excercise, that goes away with little recovery work
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

what were your results with this program?

so i should just work through the soreness?

so i should just work through the soreness?
    well....

not really...

if you're still sore 3 days after your workout, the nsomethings wrong. your work capacity is ****ty then.

the best thing to do is doing very light and timed exercises the very next day to recover from the previous workout

well, monday was my first day on 3x3. i am a little sore now.

i did 5 sets as they say to start out with and 1.5 minutes rest between sets.

it felt like a cardio workout. it was really easy. usually when im sore i get tired but now im sore but not tired at all.

so not too sure exactly maybe because i usually rest longer between sets.

its mostly my quads that are giving me the most soreness. everything else goes away in the next day.

the poundages are pretty easy but matbe i'll put some short cardio the next day to get the blood in my legs circulating.

same with me ,bottom of the quads and I am just completing the 1st week in my second phase

i'm so ashamed, i benched yesterday and i feel soreness in my chest

markieB or DJ - did you continue toi do the workouts even though you were sore?

markieB or DJ - did you continue toi do the workouts even though you were sore?
    like i said somewhere in this forum, if i'm sore, i do recovery work the very next day

and because there's usually more then 60 hours between myworkouts, i'm never sore when i hit my next workout.

so you didn't go m-w-f on the 3x3 program? recovery work like just doing the same exercises only using hardly any weight? how many reps -sets that sort of thing did you do?

so you didn't go m-w-f on the 3x3 program? recovery work like just doing the same exercises only using hardly any weight? how many reps -sets that sort of thing did you do?
    i don't do the 3x3, i never did.

and recovery is not with sets or reps with me. i do for example timed presses to recover from a bench workout. like 3 minutes

i never thought of that.at first it seems counterproductive but i'll have to give it a try today. my bench on the 3x3 is real easy i dont get sore and it doesn't feel like im even doing anything just mainly squats give me the problems

usually on tues,thurs I do a half hour of cardio and either strongman or ie flipping tire or carrys or sled., it usually helps but I guess I just work through the sore ness and maybe thats the wrong to do but it works for me but usually the quad soreness did not come untl thursday, hopefully that helps

i never thought of that.at first it seems counterproductive but i'll have to give it a try today. my bench on the 3x3 is real easy i dont get sore and it doesn't feel like im even doing anything just mainly squats give me the problems
    counterproductive?

what's counterproductive at creating a pump with almost no muscle fiber breakdown, thus bringing everything necessary for accelerated recovery?

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)

counterproductive?

what's counterproductive at creating a pump with almost no muscle fiber breakdown, thus bringing everything necessary for accelerated recovery?

30% of your 1rm should open a pump and bring fresh blood and nutrients into the muscle thus creating active recovery !!

WEEEEEEEE
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

Originally posted by p0w3rlift3r

30% of your 1rm should open a pump and bring fresh blood and nutrients into the muscle thus creating active recovery !!

WEEEEEEEE
    30% ? it seems so much

30% ? it seems so much
    lol, ture those huge 30 lbs. dumbells on a stability ball may be to much

lol, ture those huge 30 lbs. dumbells on a stability ball may be to much
    today i'm doing recovery work with my 6.6 lbs dumbells

today i'm doing recovery work with my 6.6 lbs dumbells
    neropean (sp?) RULEZ !!!!!!

neropean (sp?) RULEZ !!!!!!
    wtf is neropean ?

wtf is neropean ?

the wieghts that are wrapped up in the (purple, pink, green) colors they don't go over 10 lbs.

the 8-10 lbs. are for advanced only, please contact your physician before using them !!

the wieghts that are wrapped up in the (purple, pink, green) colors they don't go over 10 lbs.

the 8-10 lbs. are for advanced only, please contact your physician before using them !!
    omfg

yeah this kind...

nut not the same, the heaviest are 22lbs heavy

and i got the pink ones