cmaracz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How will fast food affect my diet?

Do the kinds of fats found in such things as hamburgers and pizza offset weightloss even when keeping calories in check?

Basically I am a 6'1" 190 lbs male that is trying to cut after dirty bulking may up to 200 lbs from 165 lbs on a diet of four fast food meals a day. The last reading I took put me at about 15% BF. I have an odd metabolism that makes it so that I find it hard to gain too much fat but also difficult to get rid of it.

Because of midterms and being a student, time and money are dear to me. I am eating 2000 kcals daily, but quite often about half of that is junkfood. e.g. breakfast-muffin, lunch-pizza, dinner-burger, post-workout-protein shakes. Before anyone starts arguing, yes because of the city I live in fast food is actually cheaper than eating the same amount of calories healthy (unless you're eating plain whole wheat pasta every day).

So will a 2000 kcal diet with this junkfood be alright, or will it limit or eliminate my weight loss? I was told by some that I'll lose only muscle mass and no fat if I eat a diet high in junk fats like pizza and such. But I'm not sure. Any ideas? Thanks guys

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You'll only lose muscle if you do a couple of things

-starve
    -don't lift
    -don't get enough protein

As long as you don't do any of the above 3 and have a caloric deficit you will lose fat and maintain muscle.

So to answer your question - eat whatever the hell you want as long as you get some decent nutrition (from a health perspective you will want to get veggies in there). Personally for me I could not eat pizza and expect to loose much fat, because I have to limit carbs. But at the same time I can't eat cups and cups of oats either, because I have to limit my carbs. Just work whatever you are doing into your macros and all will be well.
    Last edited by Khronos; 10-21-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    "Why in the Hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men, why can't they be like Marines?"
    In a letter to HQMC, dated 12 Feb. 1918, concerning a inspection of Marines by Gen John J. Black Jack Pershing, CinC, AEF

Khronos' Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110704291

Originally Posted by Khronos View Post
    You'll only lose muscle if you do a couple of things

-starve
    -don't lift
    -don't get enough protein

As long as you don't do any of the above 3 and have a caloric deficit you will lose fat and maintain muscle.

So to answer your question - eat whatever the hell you want as long as you get some decent nutrition (from a health perspective you will want to get veggies in there). Personally for me I could not eat pizza and expect to loose much fat, because I have to limit carbs. But at the same time I can't eat cups and cups of oats either, because I have to limit my carbs. Just work whatever you are doing into your macros and all will be well.
    Thanks.

Any other statements from others though? I've been getting a lot of varied responses from people off-site.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    foods like pizza and fast foods are loaded in HFCS and arent the best on the body.. there are a lot cleaner choices out there.. and cant u just buy clean foods in bulk? such as tons of chicken breasts / brown rice / peanut butter

or even a ton of eggs? you can practically live off stuff like that and add in some fruits and veggies and u have simple meals that you can tupperware for the week and is defintaely cheaper..

but in all honesty if you can maintain 1g of protein per lb and get enough carbs and fats to fit ur macros from eating ****.. then by all means go for it.. u maybe wont keep off some fat.. but it will work.. im jus sayin that if you eat cleaner you will be able to maybe cut a bit better and get a better physique.. but as long as u keep that caloric defecit ur good to go bro

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    foods like pizza and fast foods are loaded in HFCS and arent the best on the body..
    Lol, since when is pizza of all things loaded with HFCS?

I really don't want to bump, but is there nobody else who thinks they know how the amount of fat found in junk food affects weight loss? And is willing to post it? It'd really help me out

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cmaracz View Post
    I really don't want to bump, but is there nobody else who thinks they know how the amount of fat found in junk food affects weight loss? And is willing to post it? It'd really help me out
    Calories in vs calories out would be the logical answer, considering your question. It would be a total waste of time talking about glycemic load, fatty acid composition, micronutrient density, fiber content when it relates to junk food so eat under maintainence, and you will lose weight.

gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cmaracz View Post
    I dont know if it technically matters where the calories come from when losing weight, but one thing I would think about is you can really help the process by eating multiple meals a day and when you eat things like pizza, muffins and fast food it makes it nearly impossible to eat 5-6 times a day and have a calorie defecit.

I dont think anyone HAS to eat junk food, in my opinion time and money are just excuses to eat it...not that there is anything wrong with eating it if thats what you want. I just have a hard time listening when someone says they dont have time/money to eat good.

Good luck on the cut

Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It certainly does matter where the calories are coming from. Lower insulin levels = more fat burning and less fat storing. To keep them low dont eat high GI carbs and eat almonds and brocolli with everymeal to keep insulin spike low and slow food digestion down. School hamburgers suck cuase there not lean and the buns are bad carbs so r most muffins

celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) celicaboy84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gbauers View Post

I dont think anyone HAS to eat junk food, in my opinion time and money are just excuses to eat it...not that there is anything wrong with eating it if thats what you want. I just have a hard time listening when someone says they dont have time/money to eat good.

Good luck on the cut

I couldn't agree more... My wife and I both used to work for minimum wage and we managed good food and supplements and lost tons of weight and fat. We eliminated unnecessary things like.. our cell phone, our 100 channels... netflix anyone? Hell i even stopped playing world of warcraft for the 17/month. It all boils down to how important IS your health to you? Time and money are just 100% excuse, you just have to choose body>luxury and not everyone is able to choose their bodies due to "needing" their cell phone, there acura, or refusing a roomate etc. Make some choices in life and you'll be able to grow, cut, and feel however you want and need to. I still today work a 2nd job JUST to pay for my food intake as my main job pays our bills.. keep that in mind an extra 20 hours a week to support my food... AND i make it to the gym 4 days a week working 60 hours a week.
    If I can lose 130 lbs anybody can

Consistency is key

FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Eating Fast Food would not change your overall body composition if your hitting your macro goals every day..BUT...I am a firm believer in eating nutrient dense foods...not only would you feel better throughout the day..you can avoid certain health risk with eating just fast food
    #ShreddedSociety

dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You just bumped a 2007 thread.
    04-09 usmc
    07-08 Operation Iraqi Freedom
    MWSB 372

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat 4.

Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dimmupelto View Post
    You just bumped a 2007 thread.
    lol. no wonder nobody mentioned IIFYM

Enjoying the lamentations Ed_Hitchens's Avatar
    Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    Lol, since when is pizza of all things loaded with HFCS?
    Check the ingredients for the crust and the sauce. Even the "meat" toppings can have it. Often, the meat isn't even 100% real meat, it is cut with textured soy protein (TVP), the fake stuff vegetarians use to create meat-like products.
    Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.

Your prayers have been answered. The answer is NO.

Never give up on your dreams. They provide so much joy to your friends and family who laugh about them behind your back.

Remember when you were a kid and dreamed of working in a cubicle all day? Mission accomplished.