Page 41 of 211 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 6303

Thread: Al Majlis

Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MWarsame View Post
    I'm ****lian. I was born Muslim
    Nice

How close are ****lian and Arabic? I've heard that ****lians can't understand Arabic unless they study it?

Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jambo! Habari Ghani?

_AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Amu View Post
    Nice

How close are ****lian and Arabic? I've heard that ****lians can't understand Arabic unless they study it?
    Its very close to be honest. There are words that we use that are Arabic. But yea, we have to learn it and it becomes second language for us. Unfortunately, I was born in Saudi and I can't speak Arabic

Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Amu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Sarek View Post
    Jambo! Habari Ghani?
    Is that ****lian?

_AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Talking

Is that ****lian?
    I don't think so

Trance: Have you ever been to Mecca/Medina? What about you MWarsame?

Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarek is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is that ****lian?
    Swahili

I don't speak any one language fluently save for English and French (well poorly), I just know bits and pieces from whatever my parents speak

I went to the Hajj on 2005, both Medina and Mecca was beyond enjoyment. I loved it. I especially loved Medina. It was so peaceful and we (the family) lived 5min walk from the actual mosque. At that time I didnt relize the calmness and the peace Madina was but once we got back, I knew what I have experienced.

Heres some pictures I took: (warning, quality sucks)

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...oy/Hajj/03.jpg
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...oy/Hajj/02.jpg
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...oy/Hajj/07.jpg
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...oy/Hajj/01.jpg
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...oy/Hajj/04.jpg
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...oy/Hajj/05.jpg
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...oy/Hajj/06.jpg
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...oy/Hajj/08.jpg
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...oy/Hajj/09.jpg

Thumbs up Amu's recommended reading of the day

FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FormVoltron88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MWarsame View Post
    Its very close to be honest. There are words that we use that are Arabic. But yea, we have to learn it and it becomes second language for us. Unfortunately, I was born in Saudi and I can't speak Arabic
    Whadeyah

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TranceNRG View Post

Last moments of Imam Hussain's life

The Last Farewell of Imam (p.b.u.h.)

Then Imam returned to the camp for the second time, bade farewell to his household (Ahlul Bayt). He asked them to remain patient, promised them divine reward, and ordered them to be ready to face the tragedies. He told them:
    "Prepare yourself for facing the tragedies; know that Allah is you supporter and protector; would rescue from the evil of enemies very soon; would make the ultimate end of your affairs to good; would inflict upon your enemies different tragedies and calamities in return of pains and hardships suffered by you; would bless you with different bounties and greatness. Therefore don't complain and don't utter a word, which would result in devaliation of your worth and merits."

Then he said "Bring for me the old dress, which wouldn't be an object of greed for any one in order to wear it under my clothes, so that they would remove it from my body." They brought for him a short dress. Imam said: "No, this is the dress of the cheap people!" Then he took a used shirt, made some tears in it and wore it. Then he asked for a pajamas, tore it, and put it on. Imam Husain took this precaution, so that after his martyrdom the enemies shouldn't remove them from his body. When he wanted to go towards the battlefield, he looked at his small daughter with kindness. She had confined herself in a corner, away from the women, and was crying. He came near her. The following poetic verses portrait Imam's last farewell with his beloved daughter:

"Oh my dearest daughter! This is the last farewell, and our next meeting would be in the Paradise, Quit crying, and be prepare for the imprisonment; Make forbearance and goodness as your objective. In encountering, with my torn body upon the dust, And seeing the blood flowing from it - be patient."

Today I reviewed the biography and martyrdom of Imam Hussein (may God be pleased with him). Truly it was a tragedy among tragedies during those days, and the people who fought and killed him were criminals and probably demonic according to what they did to his body. The killers met a deserved fate and God showed us a glimpse of what awaits them as punishment of the grave and more.
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think it means "uncle."

SK, could you clarify?
    Yes it means uncle if you pronounce it a certain way.
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

SK: Have you ever completed a Hajj or Umrah? Have you visited Medina?

Originally Posted by 2X-eed View Post
    So if you interpret the above as referring to Shias, we should kill them?
    Historically you will find that Muslims dealt with Imam Ali (may God be pleased with him) along a spectrum.

Kharijites - Banu Ummaya - Ahl Al Sunnah - Shiites - Shiites offshoots like Rafidites/Ismaeilis/Alawites

Kharijites on one end of the spectrum wanted to kill him and physically opposed him, insulted him, belied his status and honor. They called him a disbeliever and called anyone who sided with him an innovator or disbeliever.

Rafidites/Ismaelies/Alawites went anywhere from deifying him to attributing his knowledge and presence to practically every moment of early Islamic history. The lesser of them called anyone who differed with him disbelievers and innovators and they defamed and insulted anyone who did not exaggerate and center their ideology around what they considered to be his disenfranchisement.

The Banu Ummaya and Shiites existed on opposite sides of an extremist political movements at the time. Many members of the Banu Ummaya were corrupt Muslims who insulted and defamed and in many cases attacked the family of the Prophet (pbut). The Shiites went to the other extreme of accusing everyone who lived in that part of the Earth as liars and innovators and a single group of untrustworthy hypocrites. They always considered it a conspiracy that Imam Ali (may God be pleased with him) was disenfranchised.

The Ahl Al Sunnah throughout this period repudiated all of these divergences and extremes. They consider that indeed Imam Ali (may God be pleased with him) was wrongfully abused and attacked on many instances, and that the people who fought him in the Battles of the Camel and Siffin were transgressors and oppressors but on mistaken juristic grounds and faulty juristic reasoning against his wisdom and correct stance, due to the chaotic circumstances of the time and the instigation of war by specific individuals. They consider all of these events particularly Prophecied, everything from the martyrdom of Omar to the martyrdom of Hussein (may God be pleased with him) as told by the Prophet (pbuh).

That is a brief summary.

TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SYRIANKID View Post
    That is a brief summary.
    Not surprisingly, in your story, the sunnis came out to be the most normal and the heroes of the history.

Clearly, your version of history AND your conveyance of it (your portrayal of shias) is skewed towards your own opinions.

Nonetheless, It was expected....
    And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and may the Lord be with you." (1 Samuel 17:37)

Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand. (1 Samuel 17:50)

Not surprisingly, in your story, the sunnis came out to be the most normal and the heroes of the history.

Clearly, your version of history AND your conveyance of it (your portrayal of shias) is skewed towards your own opinions.

On an unrelated note, do you happen to know why Shia differ among themselves about who are Masoom and who the 12 Imams are?

When talking about all religions, you would consider Islam to be the most Truthful, wouldn't you?

TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    On an unrelated note, do you happen to know why Shia differ among themselves about who are Masoom and who the 12 Imams are?
    Each group has its own specific set of reasons.
    Nonetheless, it could be summed up to either not following the authentic hadiths or picking and choosing among the authentic hadiths. Similar situation as to how salafis are considered different within the sunni school.
    And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and may the Lord be with you." (1 Samuel 17:37)

Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand. (1 Samuel 17:50)

When talking about all religions, you would consider Muslims to be the most Truthful, wouldn't you?
    That depends on what each person considers truth to be.
    So, as a muslim, yes...

That depends on what each person considers truth to be.
    So, as a muslim, yes...
    Then he as a Sunni, would consider Sunnism to be the Truth. Why would he give importance or fame to deviant sects?

That was beautiful

I've never heard of this event from Sunni hadiths, so this is what I meant.

Are there more?

P.S. I know I've been flooding you a lot lately, if you don't feel like digging through hadiths, just link me to a good article
    I'll post if I encounter anymore.

I'll post if I encounter anymore.
    Would there be an article that lists all the Prophet's miracles?

EDIT: I can't find any on al islam
    Last edited by Amu; 01-15-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Then he as a Sunni, would consider Sunnism to be the Truth. Why would he give importance or fame to deviant sects?
    I know that...
    However, unfortunately, being the only shia, I must make such a post, in order to make the independent thinkers and readers realize that there are TWO sides to each coin.

In other words, when SK makes such posts, my reply isn't necessarily towards him, rather it's towards whoever (sunni or shia or non-muslim) that reads this forum and may have the same questions.

Thus, I am hoping that my posts, would provoke thinkers and readers to either ask about the other side or look into it themselves.

Last edited by TranceNRG; 01-15-2008 at 06:34 PM.

So in other words, scientifically, the position is strong, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not.
    Scientifically, the scientists would say yes...
    The non-scientists, (i.e. philosophers) continue to have their unaswered questions.

For example, my third year vertebrate physiology professor mentioned that without evolution biology wouldn't make sense. And when I mentioned this to my 4th year Philosophy of Biology/Science professor (who also believes in evolution), he stated that such claim is unwise.

I know that...
    However, unfortunately, being the only shia, I must make such a post, in order to make the independent thinkres and readers realize that there are TWO sides to each coin.

In other words, when SK makes such posts, my reply isn't necessarily towards him, rather it's towards whoever (sunni or shia or non-muslim) that reads this forum and may have the same questions.

Thus, I am hoping that my posts, would provoke thinkers and readers to either ask about the side or look into it themselves.

You should have said so. I 100% agree with you then
    Last edited by Amu; 01-15-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Today I reviewed the biography and martyrdom of Imam Hussein (may God be pleased with him). Truly it was a tragedy among tragedies during those days, and the people who fought and killed him were criminals and probably demonic according to what they did to his body. The killers met a deserved fate and God showed us a glimpse of what awaits them as punishment of the grave and more.
    I am glad you took the time to read upon this tragedy on your own.

It is indeed a major tragedy in Islam, which in turn revitalized and saved Islam.

Scientifically, the scientists would say yes...
    The non-scientists, (i.e. philosophers) continue to have their unaswered questions.

For example, my third year vertebrate physiology professor mentioned that without evolution biology wouldn't make sense. And when I mentioned this to my 4th year Philosophy of Biology/Science professor (who also believes in evolution), he stated that such claim is unwise.

There is A LOT more to evolution then the fact that Adam evolved from other species. I'm sure your third year vertebrate physiology professor was including microevolution and macroevolution of non-human species when he said "without evolution biology wouldn't make sense."

Would there be an article that lists all the Prophet's miracles?

EDIT: I can't find any on al islam
    Read the following article.

http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=6009

There is A LOT more to evolution then the fact that Adam evolved from other species. I'm sure your third year vertebrate physiology professor was including microevolution and macroevolution of non-human species when he said "without evolution biology wouldn't make sense."
    Scientists do not separate human evolution from other type of evolutions.

Scientists do not separate human evolution from other type of evolutions.
    Yes, because they see no need to. Many theists, however, separate them as they view human evolution to be an exception

Page 41 of 211 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast