Closed Thread
    Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr

Thumbs down Laff.. fitness trainers are tools. Read this...

I woke up at about 1pm, having just finished a lateshift of bussying at my nightclub, when my phone starts vibrating.. a woman is on the phone, and tells me that i have been nominated to be the receipient of special deals currently being offered in a promotion at their gym, which they claim is the best in Victoria (state of Australia). She tells me I have to make an appointment with her, and discuss the membership options available with the special offers and bla.. anyway, I tell her Im mainly interested in the weightroom and ultimately the pricings. She says 'we have absolutely everything, with no marketing ploys or techniques, I can tell you that simply our gym offers everything.' So, I have to fill out a questionnaire for 5 minutes.. regarding health and past experience bla bla. Anyway, we go to the weights room. I walk around, which takes about 10 seconds... sure it has 1 of everything, nice, clean, cute. The dumbell racks. I notice they only go up to 88lbs and im quite shocked at this.. I ask if thats the biggest. She says yes.. anyway it continues to her asking me if Im interested and the dumbell limits being a great influence on my decision to sign up or not... so I say, well.. I have been out of the gym for 6 months, and went back as casual last week to another Melbourne gym, and I'm returning on 76lb dumbells as a kind of ease into it.. She then goes up to the 'Boss' who apparently is a competitve bodybuilder, big.. she comes down, and tells me that he said that if I'm lifting properly, I don't need that much weight and that 'a guy my size' (lol wtf??) wouldn't be able to lift it.. anyway, I go on to say that after a few weeks of getting back into the swing of things, I would be back to hitting 90lb+ dumbells and that the dumbell range is far too limiting.. she starts to argue and I say, look, do you want to go up there and I'll lift the 80's for you, they go up to 88.. but given that I achieve results another 8lb per dumbell is not out of the question... her response is that theres no point argueing about it, and that I've obviously made up my mind, so i agree and tell her im not interested in her gym and that it doesn't live up to her claims that it is the best gym in Victoria.. she's pissed off, Im pissed off, we part ways... anyway I just found it annoying that there's this moulded preconception in some fitness trainers that technique is the only pre-requisite to producing gains in muscle-mass .. and that I could basically get like Ronnie by doing perfect form flyes with 30lb dumbells... seriously what the ****.

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Well, Well, More strength equals more muscle mass.
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com