Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lookin at the Big Picture BernieD's Avatar
    BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)

A reminder to not trust all internet lifting websites

..and that can go for BB.com too, no one's perfect.

Case in point, check this out. This is from Penn State University, one of the biggest Universities in the US, and a well-respected state university. Yet they have pics of horrible deadlift form on their website. Bad bad bad

Taken from:

http://www.hmc.psu.edu/ufc/resources.../2004/july.htm

And ignore the fact that it's describing sumo style, not conventional style.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BernieD; 06-28-2005 at 06:52 PM.
    The complete shoulder and RC injury thread, written by myself:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.

thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedempseyroll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm...is it because he is swinging back that the form is bad? I'm trying to figure it out...

fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aside from the fact that the guy looks kind of goofy doing the lift, I can't find and major problems with his form.

leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10) leggatt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BernieD

Case in point, check this out. This is from Penn State University, one of the biggest Universities in the US, and a well-respected state university. Yet they have pics of horrible deadlift form on their website. Bad bad bad

Taken from:

I don't know what your are talking about. The guy's form is dead perfect.

Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank god (looking at these responses). I looked at him and was like uh-oh I must be doing some bad form.
    "Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."

Think about what you want in life. Then ask yourself what you're doing to achieve it.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by BernieD

Taken from:

Bad info at bb.com. NEVER!

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    maybe i'm just tired but i don't see anything wrong with his sumo form

Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    Bad info at bb.com. NEVER!
    haha
    <->

BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    errm, what about his leaning back? That puts way too much stress on the lower back, and if you're lifting very heavy weights, leaning back like that could totally put you off balance and something REAL bad could happen.

OK, well no one has agreed with me (except for dempsey, who really only recognized what I thought)

Guess I'm wrong

oh well

But I'd still never do a DL like that....aaaaaaaah
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.

ok, assuming BB.com is good:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...rbell+Deadlift

check the video there too

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BDeadlift.html

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/deadlift.htm

OK, for exercise examples these are the 3 most quoted websites on this forum, and EVERYONE one of these examples has their back upright and straight, not leaning back. That guy in the PSU link can only do that form cuz he's using like 40 pounds to deadlift lol.

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Form looked good to me.

E-stats: 6'5" 575lbs 6%BF cheezefacta's Avatar
    cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Besides the beer gut and bird legs...everything else seems OK.

..by the way, that guy MASTERED the 65lb deadlift..a personal PR!

**EDIT**
    ..wait, is that an EZ-curl bar? ...way less than 65lbs then...
    **EDIT**
    Last edited by cheezefacta; 06-28-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol ya that must have really taken a lot out of him....

lol, I guess I'm screwed in this argument, nevermind then.

But PLEASE NOTE: I think his form in the picture by picture is excellent up until the very top position, the picture I attached....you shouldn't be leaning back like that, I challenge you to find another example on the net that has that.

But eh

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.

LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't powerlifters have to lean back like that at the end of a deadlift for the lift to be considered legit or something? I know people lean back like that for some reason...is it just for lockout purposes?

Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

Personally, I am very distressed by his choice of workout attire.
    I mean, is he lifting weights or playing golf? come on!
    they got out the car, first chick came up with a bottle and i got it off her, second chick smashed bottle on my face resulting in lights out for her
    the guy came up and punched me in the right eye, which also resulted in lights out.
    he got in his car, ran over my mates brother
    I got home and shaved me head.....
    .....I GOT HOME AND SHAVED ME HEAD.....
    Ehudd

Spoon pic? Fork Vid.
    I win, go fuk yourself.
    April 12, 2008

TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TAR68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Gabrielle
    Personally, I am very distressed by his choice of workout attire.
    I mean, is he lifting weights or playing golf? come on!
    LOL Well after looking at his physique I'd probably say golf. Also theres nothing wrong with his form. Leaning back is allowed so that you're able to do more weight, you just shouldn't over do it. I guess this is a lot of weight for this guy .

lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    looks like his knees are going inward in the thrid picture, no good. but might just be the camera angle

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LaxPro
    Don't powerlifters have to lean back like that at the end of a deadlift for the lift to be considered legit or something? I know people lean back like that for some reason...is it just for lockout purposes?

Yea...we have to lean back at the top for a legit lift.

Goosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question. Should you "exhale" as you lift the weight? I've read articles linked here that you should hold your breath or exhale only a little bit of air so you won't destabilize your core.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cheezefacta
    Besides the beer gut and bird legs...everything else seems OK.
    Classic.

Definitely a work in progress.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    <->

artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) artman934 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by powerlifter70
    Yea, theres nothing bad about it, its just the very last part of the lockout. I like to do this on my last rep or so. Youre not supposed to lean back as much as you are to retract your shoulder blades (in Power lifting it shows you have control over the weight)
    [url]http://profiles.myspace.com/users/19383343[/url]

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Major Muscle Groups: Quadriceps and adductors
    Secondary Muscle Groups: Back
    They forgot to hook up EMG readings to determine muscle activation during the lift. Hell, it would be a shame to use the multi-million dollar facility for something now wouldnt it?

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    that guy in the pic is me deadlifting
    Last edited by BodySculpting; 06-28-2005 at 11:57 PM.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zar_man12321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i see a huge mistake: picture A has both hands in an overhand grip, and somehow between A and B, he managed to turn his left hand into an underhand grip. then he managed to throw his left hand back into overhand in picture C.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by powerlifter70
    Not what I've been taugh. You have to be standing straight, shoulders in a normal postion (not slumped forward but you don't have to pull them back in an exaggerated manner), and knees are locked. Too many people think they need to lean back for it to be a good lift when that just isn't true. Sometimes leaning back will actually cause you to miss the lift because your knees will want to bend as you lean back.

Originally Posted by Danimal
    Not what I've been taugh. You have to be standing straight, shoulders in a normal postion (not slumped forward but you don't have to pull them back in an exaggerated manner), and knees are locked. Too many people think they need to lean back for it to be a good lift when that just isn't true. Sometimes leaning back will actually cause you to miss the lift because your knees will want to bend as you lean back.

depends on the federation that you lift in

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    he keeps changing his grip during the excercises, not good lol

Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tetsuo
    he keeps changing his grip during the excercises, not good lol
    Yeah I noticed that too, I don't think it'd be too swift to change your grip while hoisting up a couple hundred pounds haha not good

Also, yeah he was swinging his back a bit, but otherwise it appeared to be performed correctly as far as his legs go.
    -I'm the man in the box
    Height:5'9"
    Weight:130 (145) goal 150 at least
    -Squat- 185 goal 200
    -Deadlift- 230 goal 275 (THAT'S gonna take awhile)
    -Bench- 115 goal 135

If it's easy, it's pointless. That goes for eating too. KEEP EATING