TweetyBird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New guy needs to loose 100+ Lbs - How you did it thread.

Hi, I am new around here. At 49, I finally decided to get-r-done. I have been eating right, doing cardio 3 or 4 days a week, and working with a trailer 3 days. I wonder if we can start a how you did it thread, what you were or are eating to loose the fat. And any other pointers to help people along that are trying to do what a lot of you have already done. This forum is great. BTW I am 49, 315 lbs, 6' tall. THX

2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've had 2 major weight losses in my life, one was 85 pounds and the other 90 pounds.

What i did that really helped was i made 3 lists. The first was a list of foods i can eat every day (fruits, veggies, skim milk, whole grains, etc.). The second was a list of foods i could eat sometimes (pasta, red meat, etc.). And the 3rd was the dreaded 'banned until target weight is reached' list (ice cream, fried food, etc). I worked out 6 days a week, 1 hour each day. 3 days of lifting and 3 days cardio. I rarely stepped on a scale - I believe in the mirror more than i do the scale (although you should still periodically weight yourself).

As far as looking at nutrition labels and counting protein and what not, i rarely did that. I believe in keeping things as simple as possible and I believe that its not carbs or protein or fat or any specific ingredients that make you fat, its SURPLUS CALORIES that make you fat. The ONLY thing I concerned myself with was whether or not I was burning more calories than I was taking in. And honestly, i didn't count calories either. If i felt hungry before it was time to eat my next meal, i knew i was on track. Like i said, i like to keep things simple.

Now that i've kept the weight off for awhile and am into gaining muscle, I am much more into reading labels and counting protein, carbs, fat, etc. When I diet now, I actually have 2 goals: fat loss AND muscle preservation. But when you have to drop as much weight as you do, honestly I'd just stick to worrying about the fat loss. Once you slim down you can get into the muscle building part. Although if you're new to lifting, you will gain some muscle regardless.

Hope this helps and best of luck

EDIT: I was about 25 years younger than you when i lost my weight, so take this with a grain of salt. Whatever plan you decide on, defineitly run it by some other people or even your doctor
    Last edited by 2XL; 12-09-2007 at 08:14 AM.
    oh hai!

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I lost 100lbs in 9 months, it was pretty simple.

2 servings of dairy each day
    2 servings of carbohydrates/grain - sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal, cereal, etc.
    2 servings of fruit each day
    3 servings of protein (meat - chicken, turkey, beef, fish, etc.)
    healthy fats
    nearly unlimited leafy, fibrous or non-starchy veggies - I'd have two veggies at both lunch and dinner and also as snacks through the day.

Basically it was just really balanced nutrition.

I also walked 2 miles per day 7 days per week.

-ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -ALX- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I loose 127lb so far since February 2007.

It takes 4 things to reach your goal in a good and in a "permanent" way:

A - Good alimentation
    B - Exercice (Cardio + weight training)
    C - Rest
    D - determination.

I would say that results = (A + B + C) * D

You will found everything you need by looking in all sticky of bodybuilding.com forum for free.

If you want the info without having to search you can buy this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Body-Sculpting...pd_sim_b_img_3

I personally followed the nutrition plan and the training schedule of this book. I may have read this book 10 times and I have read almost every sticky in this forum to find anything that would help me in my quest.

An advice I would give to you, search and learn about diet, training etc. It will probably be the most challenging thing you will do in your life and people often neglect to prepare correctly. In fact, most people will put more time buying a TV than learning how to transform their body correctly!

I wish you success!
    Alex
    Last edited by -ALX-; 12-09-2007 at 08:47 AM.

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How I did it was nothing short of a miracle. I hate even thinking about the ways I tortured myself to get where I am today.

It was approaching the new year last December and I weighed 475 pounds. I was depressed, and just plain sick. I had been layed off of a job I loved only a month before, and then I felt there was no meaning in my life. I decided as a sort of new years resolution that I would lose the weight, no matter how hard it was, no matter how long it took, no matter how much it hurt.

I set a few ground rules though, I had tried dieting many times in the past and failed miserably, I figured this time strategic planning was needed. The first (and as I later found out, the most important) thing I did was I started a journal in a spiral notebook. In that journal I recorded everything I ate, and its calorie content. I also recorded all of the exercise I did. I also wrote in my random thoughts about life, work, family, etc.

The second thing I did was I went online to a website called dietfacts.com and looked up the calorie content of all of that fast food I had eaten, and discovered that I was consuming nearly 10,000 calories a day, every day. That was a real eye opener. I never really thought I ate that much, or consumed so many calories.

I decided that I would do some exercise every day. Maybe only 15minutes of walking, but something was better than nothing. I set a calorie limit for every day, 2000 at first, but as I studied and learned more that number increased. After a little studying I decided to lift weights too, so I wouldn't end up as one of those guys with no muscle mass after he lost all his weight. I threw a little crappy program together and began it. It took me 4 months before I began a real program though(Rippetoe's) and joined this site learning all the things I really needed to know.

After a few weeks everything became pattern. It became harder to stop the longer I stayed with the program. The one thing I made an integral part of my program is flexibility. If I found something I was doing was not optimal, I changed it immediately.

Some of the ways I tortured myself included walking 4 miles in 10 degree weather while it was snowing. I felt back then that it was necessary to exercise, no matter what, I still to this day hate missing workouts. Fortunately I have joined a gym now and can go get my cardio inside

I used to go for these really long walks too. Once I walked 17 miles, when it was 95+ degrees outside. I didn't take any water with me. Needless to say, I was stopping every half mile to find something to drink, and when I made it home I felt very dehydrated/exhausted.
    Last edited by TheKansan; 12-09-2007 at 09:16 AM.

AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How i did it? I am getting that question really often in the past few weeks. I am down 60pounds and 11inches on the waist.

It all started one night.I was feeling sick, my stomach was hurting and i was thinking about how many calories I just had that day. It was a lot and i decided to lose it all starting that moment. The next day I started a calorie deficit and after two or thre weeks I wa down a lot of weight. I started getting realy mpotivated with the huge noob dieter losses and started walking an hour every day 6 days per week with a couple friends who had been doing it for about 5 months, and one of them had lost more than 7pounds.

The weight loss kept going, and after several weeks into walking 1hour everyday, i decided to clean the diet (to that point wasnt eating very clean, just counting calories) and walk 1.5hours/day. The weight loss continued (i stared on march 10, 2007 and this was now may). In june i decided to sign up at the Gold?s gym and started doing 1.5hours/day of cardo with no lifts. I started reading and leaned that weightifting should be an ntegral part of the weight loss program.

So i started. My routine was a two bodyparts per day, all body trained once per week. The weight loss continued and at this point i started reading a lot here and other places and studying everything that i could think was necessary. The diet became very clean, with lots of cheats but still very clean. The caloric defict has always ben there and i have never gained weight or BF from weight in to weight in. I think I am still 25pounds away from my goal, but that at this point im really happy with what ive done.

It really resumes to what you eat and what you burn. If you keep a caloric deficit you will lose weight. The goal shold be loss fat, and to that you need a solid weightlifting routine along with a good caloric restriction. It?s nothing supernatural or complex. Things may get come complex when you are in better shape and want to get in bodybuilder?s shape, but even there, it?s not quantum physics.

Read the stickies and articles in this site and start ieting now and working out now. Have in mind that you will be in a marathoon, not in a sprint 10meters race. If you fall off for a coule weeks that wont be nothing extraordinary even when the scale might say you gained 7pounds, most of that will be water and as soon as you start eating properly most of it will go in a few days. The imporatant hing is consistency and forgetting about your current eating habits/foods.

In general my advice is: Forget the weight loss. Start a new way of living that will undoubtedly bring you a better body in terms of looks and health. Eat well. Exercise. Check back in 6 months and impress yourself and everybody. That is priceless.
    GL.

Warning:AVA changed often madSano's Avatar
    madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TweetyBird View Post
    Hi, I am new around here. At 49, I finally decided to get-r-done. I have been eating right, doing cardio 3 or 4 days a week, and working with a trailer 3 days. I wonder if we can start a how you did it thread, what you were or are eating to loose the fat. And any other pointers to help people along that are trying to do what a lot of you have already done. This forum is great. BTW I am 49, 315 lbs, 6' tall. THX
    I'm there with you buddy, i have another 100 to lose as well..

the biggest advice i can give you, you have already taken by going on this forum and asking for help... These guys know their stuff(most) and are here to help.. so yea, join us and we'll help you along the way through your fat loss...

good luck man!!

MS
    take the good with the bad.

2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Some great stories here guys. On December 26th, i will have been following my weight loss/new lifestyle for 3 years. Something to celebrate for sure
    oh hai!

PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was shocked to learn that I needed to consume in excess of 5k calories a day to gain weight and I was doing it...rapidly. so I started tracking my intake and shooting for a limit.

By keeping my limit at 2k per day, water and excercise I've dropped 105lbs since April 1 of this year.

It's slightly more complicated than that but those are the basics.

-Padre

GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PadreC View Post
    I was shocked to learn that I needed to consume in excess of 5k calories a day to gain weight and I was doing it...rapidly. so I started tracking my intake and shooting for a limit.

By keeping my limit at 2k per day, water and excercise I've dropped 105lbs since April 1 of this year.

It's slightly more complicated than that but those are the basics.

-Padre
    Congrats on losing weight but dude 2000 calories a day isnt close to what you need. You've got to be losing alot of muscle in those lbs... Back in February I was 6'1@260lbs 30%bf. I ate 3700 calories a day to lose weight, got down to to 197 about a month and a half ago @12%bf. Now i'm currently on a bulk and at 207lbs.. My best advice to you will be to eat well and exercise routinely, stay determined and don't ever lose focus. Determination is key to changing your body. Take some time and REALLY learn about nutrition, please dont start just eating like 2500 calories a day or something, because yes you will lose weight, but it will be unhealthy and you will lose lots of muscle too. Being on a cut isn't just about losing fat, its also about preserving muscle at the same time...

Edit: Also dont try to cut weight too fast, as you will more than likely end up with loose skin. Steady gradual progress is what you want to see
    ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
    One of my favorite quotes:
    "NEVER compare yourself to other people, its only going to cause frustration. Compare you to you. Where you are now vs a few months ago. If you are stronger than you were perfect, if not, work harder..."
    -quoted from genepool

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My advice,....start slow and ramp it up only when you plateua -- that's how I lost the first 80 lbs, it was a no brainer -- educate yourself a little more and move a little more and eat a little less at each stall! It's the last 15-30 pounds that's tough, but at that time you'll be conditioned, educated, and healthy from your process!

100 lbs? no sweat dude!
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

MNA847 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone has posted great tips, here are some of mine to add:
    1) Get your head straight, realize that this is going to probably be a year or more project. Personally when I started I decided it was going to be 2 years till my goals. Got 1 more year to go
    2) All you need to worry about is today, not tomorrow or the years ahead of you. 2 years from now is still going to be 2 years from now, time keeps marching, if you just focus on the day at hand when you string 730 todays together you end up 2 years down the road in great shape! God I hope that made sense!
    2) Get a solid leather belt that barely fits you.As you loose weight and run out of holes just keep punching more one at a time. Whenever things get hard just grab that long tongue of the belt that is starting to wrap itself around you again.
    Just my 2 cents
    The fish burp means its working!

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GP2001 View Post
    Congrats on losing weight but dude 2000 calories a day isnt close to what you need. You've got to be losing alot of muscle in those lbs... Back in February I was 6'1@260lbs 30%bf. I ate 3700 calories a day to lose weight, got down to to 197 about a month and a half ago @12%bf. Now i'm currently on a bulk and at 207lbs.. My best advice to you will be to eat well and exercise routinely, stay determined and don't ever lose focus. Determination is key to changing your body. Take some time and REALLY learn about nutrition, please dont start just eating like 2500 calories a day or something, because yes you will lose weight, but it will be unhealthy and you will lose lots of muscle too. Being on a cut isn't just about losing fat, its also about preserving muscle at the same time...

Edit: Also dont try to cut weight too fast, as you will more than likely end up with loose skin. Steady gradual progress is what you want to see
    When I lost 80 pounds last year, I ate around 2500 calories a day, working out hard 6 days a week and didn't lose more than a few pounds of muscle in that whole process.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

TweetyBird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, Thanks for all the reply's. I am real happy I found this forum, All you people lost so much weight. One more thing. How would I find out how many calories I need a day?

GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TweetyBird View Post
    Wow, Thanks for all the reply's. I am real happy I found this forum, All you people lost so much weight. One more thing. How would I find out how many calories I need a day?
    Here's an online calculator you can get to get the basis of how much to take in. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa64.htm Fill everything in accordingly, and on the results pages, Step 3 is the amount of calories you burn per day. Subtract roughly 500 from that number, and thats what you want to lose weight You may find that you want to tweak the calories as time goes on, which is perfectly fine, everyone is different, so you need to find what works best for you. This calculator is a good way to find where to start though. If you have any questions along the way feel free to hit me up via PM and i'll see if I can help,good luck!
    "NEVER compare yourself to other people, its only going to cause frustration. Compare you to you. Where you are now vs a few months ago. If you are stronger than you were perfect, if not, work harder..."
    -quoted from genepool

Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    When I lost 80 pounds last year, I ate around 2500 calories a day, working out hard 6 days a week and didn't lose more than a few pounds of muscle in that whole process.
    I cant say thats not true, maybe your metabolism is crazy slow, at the weight you were at though i'd like to bet that was kind of low on the calories. I find it rather hard to believe that you lost 80lbs and only lost a few lbs of muscle? How do you know you only lost a few pounds of muscle? Not trying to be a dick or anything, just curious what leads you to believe that, since losing 80lbs of almost pure fat is incredibly difficult, especially at such a low caloric intake PLUS lots of working out. Regardless, congrats on the weight loss man, 80 lbs is no joke
    -quoted from genepool

PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You know I don't want to stir up a bunch of crap but everyone says at that amount of calories you must be losing muscle and yeah I'm sure I have at certain stages but my lifts are much heavier now than they were, from my calculations I've lost about 8lbs of muscle mass and 97lbs of fat. Frankly I'll take those numbers.

Now at my caloric cut I realize I'm limited in how much actual mass I can gain but I can honestly say I'm not losing muscle and I'm even gaining some. Everyone wants to give a textbook answer about how many calories you need and what's healthy.

I educated myself on heathy eating and determined it wasn't unsafe for me to cut that low. I am very careful that when I plateau that I don't cut further, actually when I plateau I increase my calories.

You have to determine what's going to work for you, what's healthy and go for it.

-Padre
    Last edited by PadreC; 12-09-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Renwo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a question for those who lost 100 pounds or so in a year. Do you have loose skin from losing so much weight so fast?

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have pockets of loose flabby fat on my stomach and inner thighs, areas where I always held more fat than other places. It's soft and pliable like a bread or pizza dough but it's still a fair amount of fat behind the skin.

My chest/shoulders/back/arms have gotten lean enough that there's no loose saggy skin at all on them and my calves are just ripped to hell.

If my thighs and stomach follow suit, I don't anticipate having any excess skin once I get lean enough to make all the excess fat disappear.

The accidental bulker : ( Bodysteele's Avatar
    Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can refer to my siggy below to see what ive done this calendar year.

Here are some basic tips I really believe strongly in:

1) DO NOT BE IN A RUSH! I know some of the people in this thread have lost insane amounts of weight in a relatively short time period but thats NOT preferrable medically or physiologically to losing 1-2 lbs a week for a year or 18 months and losing gradually while trying to add some modest gains with the weights. Lose at a reasonable rate and try to build/conserve as much weight as possible as you do it so that once you lose the fat you dont end up looking like a deflated baloon and your metabolism isnt running uber slow and you can simply eat more and maintain.

2) YOU NEED TO EAT MORE FREQUENTLY.

Id say 6-7 times a day at the beginning down to 5 times a day once you lose a significant amount(if you want to drop it down that is).

There are a million reasons to do this, basically its gonny mitigate spikes and drops drastic ones in insulin inside your body....its also going to aid in speeding up your matabolism, giving you energy, and allowing you to eat more while losing.

3) Stay away fromn refined carbs, juices, soda, beer as much as possible.....white flour and liquid carbs are horrible for weight control you can make decent headway by simply eliminating them. The only thing thats liquid that has calories that I put im my mouth is milk(1%) and protein shakes with milk....juice/juicing is highly overatted.

4) Make sure you figure out how to balance the need to resistance train witht he need for cardiovascualrt exercise...sometimes the 2 can butt heads for your time/energy...make sure each is givent equal importance.

5) Fiber, casein protein, natural peanut butter these are your friends in battling cravings...especially at night.

Registered User luisgarciaalani's Avatar
    luisgarciaalani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luisgarciaalani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luisgarciaalani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luisgarciaalani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luisgarciaalani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GP2001 View Post
    I cant say thats not true, maybe your metabolism is crazy slow, at the weight you were at though i'd like to bet that was kind of low on the calories. I find it rather hard to believe that you lost 80lbs and only lost a few lbs of muscle? How do you know you only lost a few pounds of muscle? Not trying to be a dick or anything, just curious what leads you to believe that, since losing 80lbs of almost pure fat is incredibly difficult, especially at such a low caloric intake PLUS lots of working out. Regardless, congrats on the weight loss man, 80 lbs is no joke
    Well depends on where he started, I lost 70 lbs (and plateued at 20% BF), I was eating between 1200-1600 cals/day. I did not loose any muscle How do I know? Well simple I was out of shape, my bicep curls where 8 lbs per arm, and my bench press was 24 lbs ( I tried the 45 bls bar and I was stuck, trapped underneath it LOL). by the time I lost the 70, my bench press was 135 lbs, my curls where 32 lb dumbbells........ etc