masterPE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Full-Body or Body-Part Split Workout Routine?

I'm a wrestler trying to get stronger and bigger this summer. I follow a decent diet and I'm getting back into lifting more consistently. I'll lift 3 times a week: Tues., Thurs., Sat.

I don't know if I should go with full-body training or a split workout routine those 3 days. What should I do?

Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm currently doing a full body workout 2-3 days a week. I start with a full body lift such as deadlifts or squats, then i do a press such as military press or benchpress and then a pull such as barbell row or pull ups. And i like to finish it off with some ab work. Seems to be working out good so far. Some weeks i may not feel as good so i just workout out twice.
    Less food means less weight. More weight on bar means get stronger. Guy farts while squatting means great laughter. -Dan John-

What time is it in Malta? Madcow2's Avatar
    Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'll tell you flat out that in the athletic world full body workouts are far more common than in the BBing world. Granted, no one is pounding high volume >90% maximum backsquats 3x per week and you'll see some deviation like upper/lower with some carryover between them, but nothing like the splits you frequently see people using here. Here are a few options that have been popular and very result producing.

If you are familiar with the Olympic Lifts and have a desire to incorporate them, powercleans are substitutable for bentover rows and high pulls for deads or any combo there of.

Basic: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...4&postcount=15

More Advanced Periodized (a bit more complicated to run and will NOT result in more gains for an inexperienced lifter - which I'd assume you might be i.e. under 2 years of consistent heavy free weight dominated work): http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...&postcount=381

My Thread at Elitefitness - tons of info, just read the table of contents and browse around: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=375215
    Training Theory, Info, and Starr/Pendlay 5x5 Info:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1

Direct Table of Contents:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    pick 3-4 exersises and go to the gym and do them

Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doughnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wonder if anyone on here has tried this workout and what they thought? I have been doing a high volume, to change things up and to help keep my heart rate up more to get my blood pressure back down. I'm about where I want to be and want to reduce my volume and found this on this site. It didn't have deadlifts so they would have to be added. Opinions of this?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

What time is it in Malta? Madcow2's Avatar
    Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The rep range and some of the exercise selections are pretty bad for athletic purposes unless someone is a complete novice. Seated rows are for ****. The article comes straight out and says it's only using compound movements and that isolation work is for Richard Simmons yet I see Leg ext, Leg curl, calf raises, bicept curls, and tricept extensions. Kind of makes me wonder if they know what a compound movement is.

As to constantly training slow and not explosively...well **** - that's arguably not a great way to train for hypertrophy (think physics and look at the force, power, acceleration, work equations and think about how they relate to stimulus and capacity over time). For an athlete, it's just horrible.

As to HIT or not to HIT - whatever floats your boat, the most important thing is that you have a system and increase your capacity over time - most people on here don't. The easiest system for most to understand is HIT - not saying it's not flawed in any way, you won't see it used much at all around the world at the top levels but if it can increase YOUR capacity, that's the goal.
    Training Theory, Info, and Starr/Pendlay 5x5 Info:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1

Direct Table of Contents:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by masterPE
    I'm a wrestler trying to get stronger and bigger this summer. I follow a decent diet and I'm getting back into lifting more consistently. I'll lift 3 times a week: Tues., Thurs., Sat.

I don't know if I should go with full-body training or a split workout routine those 3 days. What should I do?

If you are lifting for a contact sport 3 days per week, do full body training.

Wrestling is a muscular endurance sport-make sure to include sets of high reps and continous tension.

Emphasize the Deltoids, Grip, lats hamstrings and hips