cnj005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Suggestions for a noobie

I've been reading the boards here for the last few months and figured i'd finally break down and ask you guys for some specifics.

Specs:
    I'm a 24 yr old male, 240lbs. 6'2" Moderate build. 34" waist, unmeasured

Goals:
    Slowly working on getting my first ever 6 pack and some bulk/size under my shirt.

Plans:
    Work the bench up to 300 then go to a cutting phase, currently at 290 clean.

Supplements:
    Protein: Designer Whey 2-3 scoops a day
    Diet Fuel: 8 pills a day. (cycling these out soon, think my body's getting to used to them)
    Cell Tech: 1 scoop pre and 1 post workout
    Creatine: 15grams a day. 5grams morning, pre and post workout.
    Methoxy HP: 2 post workout (may stop these... made me a bit lethargic but only done them a few times.)

Any and all of your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I did some more digging on the boards. Saw the cell tek is basically crap and really defeating my purpose. Friend of mine suggested taking it to relieve some serious pain i had after my return to weight training and such. Pain went away but i think it was more of a placebo affect.

I'm pretty positive i'll be throwing that jug in the trash this afternoon.

Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    don't throw it away, it isn't "crap", it is just overpriced. Use it up or try and return it to get your money back. You don't need to be using cell-tech anyway if you are already using creatine. Just mix regular creatine with some apple or grape juice.

sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sssolidnesss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

hey

easy there with the creatine. you only need 7 to 10 grams a day. 15 grams is too much. Just go over and read BIG CATs article on creatine.
    Leaner then ever

I'm thinking i should reach my weight goal in about a week and a half. then go to the cutting phase. I figured what with the creatine and the cell-tek combination i'm really doing too much creatine.

It was really messing with my bowel movements and making me feel pretty bloated. actually a little tired some of the time.

So for now i've bought an actual "teaspoon" and started measuring it properly and once i go to the cutting phase i'm thinking i'll just cycle it out for that period. I probably could do without the water retention.

Can any of you give me some more advice about the protein amount i should take, when to take it etc. I have a pretty regular diet, not seriously counting the protein intake from regular foods.

Right now i'm pretty good about taking 1 scoop of protein in the morning, noon or after work out, and evening. This goes to about 75-80 grams from supplements but the calculator says i should be putting in about 240-370 grams a day... should i double my protein supplements?

*edit: i'm not diabetic, and i do eat red meat. diet usually is some fruit and a hardboiled egg in the morning. snack bars till lunch. Deli sandwich at noon. fruit or snack bars till dinner but usually nothing at all during this period then a healthy meal with some kind of meat and starch and veggies in the evening.
    Last edited by cnj005; 08-14-2002 at 06:59 AM.

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, if you are going to cut, you should add more veggies in your diet throught the day.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Old enough to raise ya....

Spnkthru_AST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    protein amount from supplements seems pretty good, you don't want to go overboard and rely on them and see your wallet thin out. when you're taking them is pretty good too.

in the morning is a good time since you've gone 8hours give or take without any nutrients so your body will absorb it quickly.

after a workout is key

there is also some research that a protein+carb mix before/during your workout is extremely effective.

just be sure that when you take a protein shake after a workout you incorporate some sort of high GI carb, otherwise your body will just use the protein for energy and not muscle growth and then you've wasted a supplement

explain hi GI Carb.

do i get this from a supplement or regular diet?

Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Judo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    GI stands for Glycemic Index. Different carbs have a different GI number.

"The glycemic index ranks foods on how they affect your blood sugar levels. This index measures how much your blood sugar increases in the two or three hours after eating."

www.mendosa.com/gi.htm

Well.. got 290 up last night. 295 was a bit too shaky and sloppy but 290 was clean. I cut back the creatine but bowels still having a field day on me from all the cell-tek and creatine. Protein seems to be working well.

Just a quick question:

I switched to some grape flavored protein by ABB. This actually has carbs in it but i'm unsure on how much i should be putting in and if i should supplement it.

If i should supplement carbs with the protein, what's a good supplement to use to match the 26grams of protein and 7grams of carbs in the ABB protein?

Also, i've been trying Methoxy HP after workouts and evenings. 2 post workout and 2 before bed. I know the sceptics around ecdysterone and honestly i don't see anything like it says i should. but the Methoxyflavone apparently should be helping my recovery. Anyone have any suggestions about the Methoxy? Should i bother with this? Has anyone seen any good recovery gain from taking it?