jeemuzu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Is it possible to lose 7% of body fat in 10 weeks?

I am working in a office Monday to Friday, manage to go to the gym twice a week, mostly lifting heavy and have been going for about 2 months.

Here is my typical weekday diet:

7:30am - 2 slices of bread with low-fat margarine, whey protein in skimmed milk

12:00pm - rice, boiled egg, veges, chicken/beef

4:00pm - snack (nuts, bars, anything that is about 100 cals)

7:00pm - rice, chicken/tuna, veges

8:00pm - Workout (twice a week)

10:00pm - whey protein in skimmed milk

I have lost 2% of body fat in the first month but only 1% in the past month. I had too many cheat meals (too many gatherings with colleagues) on Friday and Saturday nights.

Currently on 17% body fat (5'7'', 150lb) and my aim was to get down to 10% by the end of this year.

I know I will have to cut out the cheat meals completely for the next 10 weeks, but would that be enough?

Anyone ever lost 7% of body fat in 10 weeks before?

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    possible, but the question is... do you really wanna risk losing 50% or more being muscle?

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jeemuzu View Post
    I am working in a office Monday to Friday, manage to go to the gym twice a week, mostly lifting heavy and have been going for about 2 months.

Here is my typical weekday diet:

7:30am - 2 slices of bread with low-fat margarine, whey protein in skimmed milk

12:00pm - rice, boiled egg, veges, chicken/beef

4:00pm - snack (nuts, bars, anything that is about 100 cals)

7:00pm - rice, chicken/tuna, veges

8:00pm - Workout (twice a week)

10:00pm - whey protein in skimmed milk

I have lost 2% of body fat in the first month but only 1% in the past month. I had too many cheat meals (too many gatherings with colleagues) on Friday and Saturday nights.

Currently on 17% body fat (5'7'', 150lb) and my aim was to get down to 10% by the end of this year.

I know I will have to cut out the cheat meals completely for the next 10 weeks, but would that be enough?

Anyone ever lost 7% of body fat in 10 weeks before?
    sure ive lost a lot before.. i use to have around 25% BF being 235 and then lost a mere 50 lbs very very quickly in a matter of 2-3 months so about 10 weeks.. and it dropped fast..

the biggest setback is ull lose a lot of muscle mass which really ISNT worth it..

and u dont have to cut out the cheat meals if anything they help ur metabolism because it throws it off making it work harder and speeding it up.. read the nutrition section on the main website ull understand

by the looks of ur diet u might be at a good caloric defecit.. but dont attempt to lose what u already have (good muscle mass) its not worth it in the long run.. take ur time and cut the right way.. perserve ur muscle mass.. ull thank ur body and ur self later trying to build it back up

also.. You have no PWO meal.. any reason for that? a PWO shake is not enough after working out.. i would suggest a PWO meal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

read from a guy who knows his stuff ^^^

and a 100 calorie snack holds u over for 3 hours? i would make sure its a protein source if all possible.. most important.. not a fat source like nuts.. and 100 calories from nuts is about what 10-15 almonds? i dont know if i would consider that a mael bro

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your starting bodyfat %?
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

blai4754 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blai4754 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you'd have to go really clean on what you eat. If you can fit in an additional day or 2 at the gym, it will help.
    Here are my suggestions:
    For breakfast, knock off the margarine and have nat pb. 4.5 hours between breakfast and lunch is a bit too long, add in some bcarrots or grapes. For your afternoon snack, try yogurt or carrots and grapes. almonds are about 6-7 calories per nut. Snacks should be 200-250 calories of clean food esp for your schedule. Instead of rice for both lunch and dinner, try sweet potatoes or yams to filll you up.

On the issue of cheat meals, limiting it to one or even two meals a weeks is good and even then, make it a clean one. Even better if your cheat meal is during the day as having late night snacks will set you back a bit.

and i agree with keeping your muscles, even a goal of 5% by the end of the year is acceptable over losing muscles.

good luck.
    May 2007 - 160lbs - 15-16%bf

October 2007 - 145lbs - 10-11%bf

Goal:
    December 31, 2007 - 150lbs - 8%bf

jeemuzu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    sure ive lost a lot before.. i use to have around 25% BF being 235 and then lost a mere 50 lbs very very quickly in a matter of 2-3 months so about 10 weeks.. and it dropped fast..

the biggest setback is ull lose a lot of muscle mass which really ISNT worth it..

and u dont have to cut out the cheat meals if anything they help ur metabolism because it throws it off making it work harder and speeding it up.. read the nutrition section on the main website ull understand

by the looks of ur diet u might be at a good caloric defecit.. but dont attempt to lose what u already have (good muscle mass) its not worth it in the long run.. take ur time and cut the right way.. perserve ur muscle mass.. ull thank ur body and ur self later trying to build it back up

also.. You have no PWO meal.. any reason for that? a PWO shake is not enough after working out.. i would suggest a PWO meal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

read from a guy who knows his stuff ^^^

and a 100 calorie snack holds u over for 3 hours? i would make sure its a protein source if all possible.. most important.. not a fat source like nuts.. and 100 calories from nuts is about what 10-15 almonds? i dont know if i would consider that a mael bro
    Thanks for the info. Reps+