Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gaining strength and size, but still a fatass..wtf?

so I've been following Heavy Duty to the letter for about six months now, and I've made better gains than I've ever thought I could. Im getting stronger every goddam time I workout the same muscle group. And Im not working the same muscles (except for legs) but just once every 16 days. Im working legs once every 8 days. And since Im only in the gym for an average of 20 minutes a week, Im in hog heaven.

Except that for some damn reason, Im still carrying around this big assed gut.

I follow the Heavy Duty workout to the letter, meaning that I dont do any aerobics whatsoever. My heart rate's only up when Im working out.

But Im not going crazy with the fast food or junk food either. I eat pretty healthy (steamed rice and salmon is my favorite), but the belly just remains.

Im 6'6" and 375lbs, and I have decent poundages on all my lifs, especially squats and deadlifts.

I'd appreciate any advice I can get. I want to naturally drop the fat but I hate aerobics. I refuse to ever do any steroids, so what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

Hoss

metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metallicide has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stick with a good diet, someoe on here will chime in about that im sure, little bit of cardio wouldnt hurt...

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) Doing no conditioning = mistake.

2) Not losing weight? EAT less. You're 375 pounds, this should be pretty obvious

3) What numbers are you actually putting up on the core lifts?
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Part of the problem might be activity level. HIT is probably not where a man of your size should be. Get your ass busy, and work out 4-5 times a week. 2 weight sessions, and 2-3 anaerobic cardio sessions like sled dragging. You would probably do well on a carb restricted diet. carbs pre and post workout only, except the weekends, where you can have a one day carb up. The rest of the time, eat protein and fat. That plus more work, and the fat will melt off at the rate of 3-5 a week.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

ZX158 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As Far as I am with weight and weight loss, It seems lifting alone doesnt really cut weight off, but it seems to make whatever I lose from dieting stay off even after going back to normal.

Try dieting, like 2 meals a day along with some very low cal snacks you can have so you can eat something around every 3 hours (keeps you from gettin too hungry and will keep your metabolism goin, if not it will slow and it will cut your energy as a result)

Do that for around a month. then slowly go back to a still healthy but normal diet. If the weight comes back then somethin is wrong :P

OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OklahomaHoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ZX158 View Post
    As Far as I am with weight and weight loss, It seems lifting alone doesnt really cut weight off, but it seems to make whatever I lose from dieting stay off even after going back to normal.

Try dieting, like 2 meals a day along with some very low cal snacks you can have so you can eat something around every 3 hours (keeps you from gettin too hungry and will keep your metabolism goin, if not it will slow and it will cut your energy as a result)

Do that for around a month. then slowly go back to a still healthy but normal diet. If the weight comes back then somethin is wrong :P

One other person besides you suggested I eat less. Im only eating about maybe 2 or 3 decent meals a day. Most times only 2, and I skip breakfast a lot. I know I shouldn't do this, but Im so busy, it just gets away from me.

If I eat any less, wont my metabolism just slow down further? Shouldn't I, if anything, be eating MORE so as to speed up my metabolism?

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would say eat smaller meals more frequently, like 5-6 times a day. I am not trying to be mean or harsh but dude you shouldn't be worrying about increasing your lifts you should be worrying about shedding off some major poundage. Even at 38 you really have the opportunity to be a ripped and big dude.

Sure eating more might increase your metabolism but the fact is, is that it is also more calories that your body is burning before it starts burning the stores of fat in your body, you AND only you can find the balance.

VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    I would say eat smaller meals more frequently, like 5-6 times a day.
    I agree with this.

I am not trying to be mean or harsh but dude you shouldn't be worrying about increasing your lifts you should be worrying about shedding off some major poundage.
    I wouldn't agree with this.

There's nothing wrong with maintaining a focus on increasing core lifts. If it's done in conjunction with a decent amount of conditioning work plus diet, the fat will come off AND he'll get stronger.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
    I agree with this.

There's nothing wrong with maintaining a focus on increasing core lifts. If it's done in conjunction with a decent amount of conditioning work plus diet, the fat will come off AND he'll get stronger.
    Point in case, TheKansan. Guy is focusing on strength and shedding some serious fat. I would even recommend that the OP get in touch with him. He started at 400+lbs if memory serves me correctly.
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969711

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree with this.

Sure trying to increase the core lifts isn't bad and I would tell him to lift just as hard as ever if not harder while trying to drop some weight but the fact of the matter is that it is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT (I can't really stress this enough) to lose weight and get stronger.

Sure trying to increase the core lifts isn't bad and I would tell him to lift just as hard as ever if not harder while trying to drop some weight but the fact of the matter is that it is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT (I can't really stress this enough) to lose weight and get stronger.
    Your statement needs some serious qualifiers. It holds true for a 175 guy who has been lifting for a while. If you are trying to cut off 5 or 10 pounds, yeah, gonna be hard as hell to get stronger.

It really does not hold true for someone who outweighs you by 200LBS and who has only been lilfting for 6 months. He absolutely can get stronger and loose fat. Not a problem. If he get's on the right diet, his body will make a major metabolic shift to burning fat for energy, and he'll be flush with the raw material to fuel the machine.

Controlling carbs FTW.

Your statement needs some serious qualifiers. It holds true for a 175 guy who has been lifting for a while. If you are trying to cut off 5 or 10 pounds, yeah, gonna be hard as hell to get stronger.

It really does not hold true for someone who outweighs you by 200LBS and who has only been lilfting for 6 months. He absolutely can get stronger and loose fat. Not a problem. If he get's on the right diet, his body will make a major metabolic shift to burning fat for energy, and he'll be flush with the raw material to fuel the machine.

Controlling carbs FTW.
    Wow, haha I actually didn't think that it would be very different for somebody that weights as much as he does; I guess I was looking at it from my point of view too much.

Good post.

bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    1) Doing no conditioning = mistake.

2) Not losing weight? EAT less. You're 375 pounds, this should be pretty obvious

3) What numbers are you actually putting up on the core lifts?
    he's 6'6" tho. even if mostly fat, which i cant attest to, 375 isnt THAAAAAAT bad.

Originally Posted by bcd1983 View Post
    he's 6'6" tho. even if mostly fat, which i cant attest to, 375 isnt THAAAAAAT bad.
    Bad enough that I would say it's decently unhealthy. That's a heck of a lot of strain on his heart, pumping blood for 375LBS of mass. He should be down in the 250 range after he's been lifting for a while. So I'd say he's got at least 100 to loose.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    reason you're a fatass, you're in the gym an average of 20 minutes a week, I would get fat as hell on heavy duty, not enough time working out to let your heart rate get up to any appreciable level, I do alot of olympic lifting so alot of the stuff I do like complexes is good for my conditioning (I also do martial arts during the week), so as long as I'm working out often I don't become too much of a fatass, but 20 minutes a week, I think that's you're problem right there.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

zdkrempin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zdkrempin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Amen
    NEVERSOFT

Here's my myspace. Take a look. It's not pretty.

http://www.myspace.com/coreyshead

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Hoss.

Have the guts to post your waist measurement(pun intended). There are calculators and charts that'll allow us to estimate your bodyfat percent. Measure your waist lying down with abs completely relaxed to make the measurement completely repeatable, and therefore useful.

You need to get much more active than 20min per week, no matter how intense that may feel.

In addition to walking, there's always free squats, pushups, hindu pushups, etc. At your bodyweight, that stuff should get your heart rate up quickly. VM's suggestion of sled dragging sounds great.

It is important to get your conditioning up, as well as your strength.

VM put you right about restricting carbs as well. Since I cut out refined carbs(except pre and post workout), and mostly avoid carbs after about 6 pm, I've lost a couple of inches from my gut tho' not trying to cut. I'm trying to get bigger........ gained an inch on my chest, half inch on my arms, etc, and DURING THAT TIME, my gut has got smaller.

Actually being so big is an advantage. Think of how impressive you'll be at say 300lbs or 275lbs, and much harder than you are now. Think of the fantastic potential for strength. And you're only a young chap. You've sure got a head start on little ol' me.
    Last edited by jgreystoke; 10-20-2007 at 11:50 AM.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    By what standard are you measuring? The J.I. Scale (Jabba Index)???
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OklahomaHoss View Post

I'd appreciate any advice I can get. I want to naturally drop the fat but I hate aerobics.

usually the things you hate the most are also the things that'll help you the most.. DO YOUR CARDIO

ShaneNg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    Hi Hoss.

Have the guts to post your waist measurement(pun intended). There are calculators and charts that'll allow us to estimate your bodyfat percent. Measure your waist lying down with abs completely relaxed to make the measurement completely repeatable, and therefore useful.

You need to get much more active than 20min per week, no matter how intense that may feel.

In addition to walking, there's always free squats, pushups, hindu pushups, etc. At your bodyweight, that stuff should get your heart rate up quickly. VM's suggestion of sled dragging sounds great.

VM put you right about restricting carbs as well. Since I cut out refined carbs(except pre and post workout), and mostly avoid carbs after about 6 pm, I've lost a couple of inches from my gut tho' not trying to cut. I'm trying to get bigger........ gained an inch on my chest, half inch on my arms, etc, and DURING THAT TIME, my gut has got smaller.

Actually being so big is an advantage. Think of how impressive you'll be at say 300lbs or 275lbs, and much harder than you are now. Think of the fantastic potential for strength. And you're only a young chap. You've sure got a head start on little ol' me.

What advantage does a big have? Yeah, I'm young(17) and fat(115kg) too?
    Now doing the impossible Gain muscle + Losing weight.

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hoss

Get out of your Comfort Zone!!!!

It is great that you are making Strength gains. If you want to drop body fat you really need to concentrate on a clean diet.

You CAN drop BF doing weights. You need to try some Lactic Acid training protocol(German Body Comp Training for example).

Google these in & do some research.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ShaneNg View Post
    What advantage does a big have? Yeah, I'm young(17) and fat(115kg) too?
    Now doing the impossible Gain muscle + Losing weight.
    I started at 130lbs. That was my weight for YEARS after leaving school.

When I bulked up for boxing/martial arts, my maxed out genetic limit, or so I thought, was 160lbs for donkey's years.

Do you think it was easy putting a ton of size and strength on a 6.5" wrist thin frame. Took me a couple of decades to realize I wasn't actually an ectomorph/hardgainer at all. Actually got long muscle bellies throughout. Even my wrists have grown a lot due to much thicker tendons and ligaments from heavy pulls etc. I never got anywhere 'cos i was just doin' it wrong...... I was following the crowd.

You'll likely find it much easier to get muscular, being decades younger, and having proven programs like Rippetoe's at your fingertips. You don't have to waste decades at all. And your frame is likely very sturdy, from carryin' around 250lbs.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a BMI/Ideal weight chart that I found on the web and for a man 6' 6", the medical recommendation for a healthy weight is between 164 - 216 lbs.
    I'm sure that does not take into consideration, someone who is bodybuilding.
    So I think 275 would be about perfect for you if you are looking to gain some strength and mass in the right places, but shed the excess fat and gut.
    That means you need to lose roughly 100 lbs. You wont do that with lifting alone. As much as you hate cardio, I would at least speedwalk everyday for a half hour, and then do weights 3 days per week for a half hour and reducing your carbs (not cutting them all together) will help you shed the lbs fast. Good luck. All it takes is committment.

bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bcd1983 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    By what standard are you measuring? The J.I. Scale (Jabba Index)???

LOL. your problem is myspace. what a black hole. take any time today you might have spent checking comments from girls and spend it at the gym doing cardio. take the remainder at the end of the week and go out and meet real girls. voila!

nah, in all seriousness cardio is your friend. find a good routine, readjust your diet and eat clean at all times (if it comes out of a machine or a drive through, don't eat it) and do CARDIO! you'll start looking better, feeling better, and weighing less. i would start a lot higher than most of these people recommend, an hour in the morning and an hour at night (lift weights before either session) and see how your body feels. i did it for awhile, ate right, and i held up and made good progress and maintained muscle and even gained a little strength. i would suggest doing that for awhile then cut an hour for a week or two then go back up. switch it up.

oh, and i hate cardio too. try the ellipticals and listen to music. time goes pretty quick. dont look at the clock on the machine or on the wall.

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    Hi Hoss.

Okay, here's my measurements, as best I can give them. I dont have a tape measure but this'll be pretty close.

Non smoker. Non drinker. Never any steroids.

Ht: 6'6"
    Wt: 375
    Chest: about 58, with the lats out, closer to 62
    Waist: I wear a 50 waist,but the gut hangs over
    Thighs: About 30", maybe 32 now
    Biceps/Upper Arm: 20 inches cold, add a half inch when pumped
    calves are about the same as the upper arms, maybe a shade bigger.
    Neck is around 20 inches as well.

I blame the fat on my woman. She feeds me too well.

Now the confession. I"ve been lifting sporadically (never on a program for longer than six months or so) for about two decades, but only found the Heavy Duty program recently, and I love it. Like I said, I love theresults Im getting, strength and muscle wise.

I know pretty much all there is to know about weightlifting, in as far as what exercises work what muscles, and so on. I know what supersets are and all the deviations thereof. But....

I dont know the first thing about nutrition or dieting, other than I should be eating all the protein I can, and I should eat as often and as healthy, as I can. (Note I said I know what I should do. But I don't follow the rules. I just haven't got the time to devote to it. And I know that's my big downfall. But Im tryting to change the habits) as I have never paid any attention to it before.

Maybe someone could post a list of all the foods I should avoid? What are complex carbs? Or simple ones? Good fat versus bad? This is where I get lost.
    Last edited by OklahomaHoss; 10-24-2007 at 03:45 PM.

doing cardio is more important than your diet. if you had a choice of eating like a pig and doing cardio, or not doing cardio and adjusting your diet, i'd take the first. diet IS very important of course, but worry more about doing your hard some good and working it.

first off, avoid greasy foods, empty foods like candy of any kind

good foods are low fat cottage cheese, tuna fish, chicken breast, vegetables

this is gonna come across as so silly and obvious but oh well

doing cardio is more important than your diet. if you had a choice of eating like a pig and doing cardio, or not doing cardio and adjusting your diet, i'd take the first. diet IS very important of course, but worry more about doing your hard some good and working it.

first off, avoid greasy foods, empty foods like candy of any kind

good foods are low fat cottage cheese, tuna fish, chicken breast, vegetables

this is gonna come across as so silly and obvious but oh well

No, dude. Not at all. I need this. Please. let me know. Any foods at all I should keep away from. Or maybe a link to a good site?

richxr7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A year and a half ago I was 318lbs and I first went on a diet. I cut out all bad foods. About a year after I lost a total of 65lbs, but at that point I couldn't loose anymore. Now for about 2 months I have been working out and between an increased diet plan, protein shakes and a decent workout program I have gotten some results. Try and decent workout with some cardio at least 3 times a week and it should help some.
    One of the main reasons for trying to get fit is, to be able to live a long happy life with my new wife (as of February 1, 2008)