Harris523 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my abs are never sore

my goal for the end of summer is to get a really ripped 6 pack. i run a total of 15-20 miles per week, do other cardio to help burn off fat, and lift weights. i work my abs at least every other day, but my abs are never sore...
    my ab work-out for yesterday consisted of these exercises
    1. crunches (legs raised) - 30 x 4
    2. reverse crunches - 40 x 4
    3. bicycle crunches - 100 x 2
    4. stability ball crunches - 50 x 2
    i did this yesterday and today my abs feel like i haven't done anything at all. i've tried doing sit-ups with dumbells, but it's not very comfortable because i'm a girl.
    if you know of anything that can help me build my abs so that i will have a 6 pack, or some really good ab exercises that i will hopefully be able to feel the next morning...please let me know! you can send me an e-mail, and i'd really appriciate it! (harris523@netscape.net)

Simon Dean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Its simple harris, ur not working them hard enough. When u do sit ups or wot eva ur doing squeeze at the top of ur abs this really works. And don't over train ur abs, do them like 3 times a week. GOOD LUCK.

Have a good session of ab workouts, work abs for like 8 mins, that will make u sore garanteed.
    Welcome To the Simon System

Ty09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just to let yeah know it doesn matter have far you run to burn fat, it matters how long you run. You have to run atleast for 20 minutes, after the 20 minutes then you start to burn fat.

and at my school gym they have 2 bars in the air and you hang from by your legs there and basically pull your whole upper body with just your abbs and lower back muscles, yoou will prolly only be able to do a few but its such a great work out and you will be sore, im not sure if your gym has one
    height: 6
    weight:160-170
    bicep:14

You're not important. CrackAddictX03's Avatar
    Location: girlfriends bedroom. the kitchen. my room/weight room. you can find me there.
    CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Simon Dean
    Its simple harris, ur not working them hard enough.
    dont listen to this guy.

I used to do 1000 crunches every day and i was never sore the next day.

Soreness doesnt = growth. If u want growth, the best way to do it is with resistance. You wont get those freaky huge abs, dont worry. You'll just get them bigger faster than with the training u are doing now.

Right now, that routine is just for endurance. You arent gonnna be sore cuz ur body has gotten used to doing that over and over again.

In the end, stop wasting ur time and hold 5-15 lbs behind ur head or on your chest while doing crunches.
    Here is a sample routine.

2-3 X a week. I do it once, becuz it is enough,

4 X 10-12 - weighted crunches
    2 X 20-30 - twisting crunches - weightless
    3 X 10-12 - weighted leg raises.

hope it helps.
    Last edited by CrackAddictX03; 06-25-2005 at 09:45 AM.
    Hehehehe Hahahaha Whohohohoh

Just throwin some logic in there.

Location: girlfriends bedroom. the kitchen. my room/weight room. you can find me there.
    CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ty09
    just to let yeah know it doesn matter have far you run to burn fat, it matters how long you run. You have to run atleast for 20 minutes, after the 20 minutes then you start to burn fat.

and at my school gym they have 2 bars in the air and you hang from by your legs there and basically pull your whole upper body with just your abbs and lower back muscles, yoou will prolly only be able to do a few but its such a great work out and you will be sore, im not sure if your gym has one

once again. wrong.

losing fat is done through diet, weight training, and SOME cardio.
    500 calories under maintenance.
    cardio 3-4 times a week
    weight training 3-4 times a week

no matter how much u run, u wont burn any fat if u eat too much.

PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CrackAddictX03
    dont listen to this guy.

I used to do 1000 crunches every day and i was never sore the next day.

Soreness doesnt = growth. If u want growth, the best way to do it is with resistance. You wont get those freaky huge abs, dont worry. You'll just get them bigger faster than with the training u are doing now.

Right now, that routine is just for endurance. You arent gonnna be sore cuz ur body has gotten used to doing that over and over again.

In the end, stop wasting ur time and hold 5-15 lbs behind ur head or on your chest while doing crunches.
    Here is a sample routine.

2-3 X a week. I do it once, becuz it is enough,

4 X 10-12 - weighted crunches
    2 X 20-30 - twisting crunches - weightless
    3 X 10-12 - weighted leg raises.

hope it helps.
    That guy just answered the question. Soreness DOES NOT equal growth.

Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sittin on 22s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Simon Dean
    Its simple harris, ur not working them hard enough. When u do sit ups or wot eva ur doing squeeze at the top of ur abs this really works. And don't over train ur abs, do them like 3 times a week. GOOD LUCK.

Have a good session of ab workouts, work abs for like 8 mins, that will make u sore garanteed.
    What happens when you 'overtrain' your abs. God damn every noob says DONT OVERTRAIN, or else what?

Old School Bodybuilder Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
    Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PumpingIron33
    That guy just answered the question. Soreness DOES NOT equal growth.
    true true. I don't get sore either. I think its good because it doesn't inhibit me from doing things. I haven't gotten sore since I started working out. Your body just gets used to it I think.

PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank
    true true. I don't get sore either. I think its good because it doesn't inhibit me from doing things. I haven't gotten sore since I started working out. Your body just gets used to it I think.
    I was a little sore after my first week of working out. But, that was just because I was working muscles that where never worked before. Yes your body does get used to working those muscles after a short period of time.

vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100)
    hm.. dunno if this is correct or not but my rugby coach told me that after u do many situps regularly (around 200+) then u stop feeling a burn.. my advice would be try to use eighter light weights, or flex and hold after every 2 or 3 situps.

Originally Posted by vag
    hm.. dunno if this is correct or not but my rugby coach told me that after u do many situps regularly (around 200+) then u stop feeling a burn.. my advice would be try to use eighter light weights, or flex and hold after every 2 or 3 situps.
    You should flex during every rep. And doing 200+ situps is kind of a waste of time when you can do weighted crunches.

vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100) vag is not very well liked. (-100)
    You should flex during every rep. And doing 200+ situps is kind of a waste of time when you can do weighted crunches.
    smart guy

btw its very uncomfortable to use weights while doing crunches, where is the best place to put the weights?

Originally Posted by vag
    smart guy

btw its very uncomfortable to use weights while doing crunches, where is the best place to put the weights?
    Cross your arms in front of your chest as they hold the weight.

404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i do em in sets and drop sets... and i vary my routines i do abs 6 days a week.. sometimes weighted others not, sum times just obliques sometimes all - somtimes a little this or a little of that...10 sets of 10 with half reps every 2 or 5 or each time and flexing at random points, sometimes 200 weighted straight 2 minutes rest and then 200 more...just make shure u vary the routines... i am sore after like maybe one or two a week and that's it... so just work at your pace and switch it up a LOT.. i mean i got mine showing well..so do what ever you gotta...
    "diet today kicked ass.. had steak and oatmeal for breakfast lol..." - Twisted Steal

"...all i have to say is I hope to god everyone weighing 140 has a 6pack" - BOZZ (the vet)

Cross your arms in front of your chest as they hold the weight.

well the creator of this thread is a girl right? wouldn't that kinda be uncomfortable holding weights on ur breasts

pballer450 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CrackAddictX03
    once again. wrong.

no matter how much u run, u wont burn any fat if u eat too much.
    uh michael phelps eats on average 8,000 calories a day, would you say hes fat? it does depend on how much you run

Red face

Originally Posted by vag
    well the creator of this thread is a girl right? wouldn't that kinda be uncomfortable holding weights on ur breasts
    Firstly I missed that part about her being a girl. Second, I guess it would matter how big they where. Lol sorry...

well if u run and burn like 10 000 calories, but then go and eat 20000 calories of food then ur not gonna see results..

Rehab Science Student TheFitnessGuru's Avatar
    TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your abs are like every other muscle. Do you do 1,000 chest-presses on the bench to "grow" your chest? lol. hell no. Work your abs like every other muscle. That's the most common thing that newbs do (do 1,000 crunches for their abs)
    | Bringing Fitness into your Lifestyle |

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    situps IMO are useless.

you can glean some good information in the topic of the week that is going on right now about abs. I made a post around like the 15th one down about bodyweight conditioning and abs so check it out if you want.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=511739

P.S. and just like someone said, soreness does not necessarily equal growth. i am often getting growth without soreness at the moment

Originally Posted by pballer450
    uh michael phelps eats on average 8,000 calories a day, would you say hes fat? it does depend on how much you run

when you train for the olympics, give us a call and tell us how many calories you are eating. He can eat that many cuz he burns them all. Why would a person run 5-6 miles just to eat a couple hundred more calories ?

Phelps isnt trying to lose fat. He is trying to further enhance his althletic ability for his sport.

Dont give me examples of world class athletes and how much they eat before you become one.

psst.

Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your abs are pretty much in good shape if your'e doing those kinds of exercises, so basically the key to your finishing touches are as mentioned before, dieting. for someone with you, something small as taking away 200 calories from your diet a day could easily get you to where you want to be.

on another note. IMO i think it is unnattractive for a girl to have the kind of abs that you want. i mean its good for them to be trimmed around the edges, but that does have its limits. well, good luck with whatever you want.
    "There are no boundaries in my world, not even genetic potential, a man can never cease to grow."

Phillipians 4:13 Motivates My Every Breath

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=43926&cat=506
    ^Me at 140 Pounds^

Height: 5'9"
    Current Phase: Cut
    Current Weight: 180
    Post Cut Goal Weight: 170

AIM: Ace of 1Spades1